Introduce Yourself (2 Viewers)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Welcome Everybody,

Here you can introduce yourself to the RevolutionSimRacing community!

Whether you're a new or an old member, drop a message here to tell the community about yourself. Where are you from? What racing games do you play? Why did you join RSR? How did you find the site? Just a few questions to get your mind going. Feel free to share whatever you want!

You can also follow us on Twitter and on Facebook. If you would like to support the site, it's possible to make a Donation here.

Finally, welcome once more to RevolutionSimRacing!

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Right then... I know I don't have too much to say on teamspeak but I do love RSR and am very happy to call it my virtual home !

So here goes...

SlowBloke - aka Rex van der Meer
A 46 year old dutchie living in North Wales in the UK.

Been enjoying racing games since the 90s most notably I loved the original Ridge Racer but moved on with the likes of F1 95 / TOCA / F355 Challenge / Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix 3 / old EA F1 games which introduced me to the heavenly GTR mod which led to GTR1/2 & Race series.

Was never any good but enjoyed the driving.

Not the most outwardly going person I never dabbled in online racing until I plucked up the courage to apply for TGC as I really wanted more from my racing and then naturally moved over to RSR with the rest.

Was also quite heavily into Quake 2 / Quake 3 many moons ago and then moved over to Everquest and Everquest 2 which I gave up a few years ago too.

I spent most of my 20s working on Cruise Ships travelling the world after which I retrained to get into IT. Been working for big oil company since in various roles starting out on the Helpdesk, moving to functional then technical support / Service Engineering and am now a true to form paper pusher as part of something called Service Management.

Not a fan of modern music Im afraid..I love me some old has been music (Simon & Garfunkel, Suzanne Vega, October Project, early 70s Elton John stuff etc...)

I love me some curry and pizza.

That's about it me thinks :)

Seven

Community Member
Reaction score
Time zones make it so I can't race with RSR as much as I'd like, but this forum should make it easier to cope :)

Seven - aka Sean Hogan

I'm a 21 year old university student in the land of freedom, the great U.S. of A. In only a few more semesters I will graduate with a degree in IT, with hopes to get a job at the IT business consulting firm I've interned at the last two summers.

I technically started playing driving games way back when I was three years old and would go on my parent's Windows 98 computer and screw around in Midtown Madness: Chicago Edition, mostly just trying to crash into stuff. My first real foray into racing games was when I was 11 and I got Gran Turismo 4 for my birthday. I loved it, and the next year my dad bought me the Driving Force Pro racing wheel.

It progressed from there, until about two years ago when I had saved up enough money to buy a real gaming PC and a G27 wheel. Then I joined TGC just long enough to become a full member, before RSR was created and I came with.

I don't play too many other multiplayer games right now since I don't have the most time with school and everything, but I LOVE playing Overwatch, and I can always be convinced to play some Rocket League (although I'm trash :p).

Not too much else about me. I'm 5 hours behind time zone wise, so by the time I'm home most days a lot of people are already offline so I'm not on TS too much, but if I'm around and not busy I'm always up for something. :)

NemethR

Community Member
Reaction score
Ohh, well...
Where to start..

I was born, and live in Hungary, in the city of Pécs.
Back then, some 150 meters from our home, on a very tricky serpentine (road), was the Hillclimb Racetrack of Pécs, that was part of the Hill Climb European Championship back then.
That is where I got my love for Motorsport. Also every year we have a Rally on these serpentines.
I was also fascinated by Computers since I was a little boy. - So when finally I got my first computer, I had to get a racing game for it... Need for Speed 2 was the first one :)

Later I moved to GTR2, and Race07 (and its expansions), then came Project CARS.

I speak 4 languages more-or-less fluently.
- Hungarian is my mothers tongue
- Croatian I learned in the School, my father thought since we live only some 30km from the border, it would not hurt to learn Croatian. And he was right.
- German I learned from the television, we had no cable TV, since we live too far on the edge of the city, so we purchased a parabolic Antenna, and then I started to watch Star Trek on Sat1... One day, I started to understand words, then sentences, and now pretty much everything.
- English I learned from Motorsport live feeds, and from the internet. also i started to watch movies in English.

Currently I work at an IT Company, as Linux System Administrator.

My hobby is Photography, I do it for my own fun, and I mostly shoot underdressed woman.

My favorite TV shows are Star Trek, and Game of Thrones.

My dream car is a Porsche, my dream is to own one some day...

I drive a Seat Arosa (1.4 petrol, 60HP) in real life, but I call it the Mini Porsche.
That thing can actually do 185km/h... :eek:
And it comes into account too, that I normally drive it pretty fast. :D
I got a little fake number plate from my friend, saying "Crazy Man".
Long story short, we were driving the Hill Climb Track (that is an open road), and since I live there, I know it pretty well, so I can drive safely on it with a speed other would not dare to,
so my friend asked me:
- Are you not scared?
and I said:
- Of course I am scared, I drive so fast, to not be scared for so long. :)

I got into Project Cars because of the hype...
I heared of this game being developed, I wanted to buy myself in into WMD, but at that point it was not possible anymore, so I followed the games progress, watched a lot of youtube videos.
That is where I found Yorkies channel, and some races with The Gentlemes Club.
Back then i was hoping to join this Club one day.
I pre-ordered the Limited Edition, and 1 or 2 weeks after that I signed up for TGC...
I was very proud to be part of that Club, and for all those who don1t know, TGC is now pretty much RSR as far the members go.

What is NemethR?

Well, that is my name, as it would be displayed on a Rally Car:
Németh R.
R. stands for Roland, that is my given name. Ohh, we here in Hungary use our names in the opposite order then the rest of the World. (exept Japan).

Just as a fun fact: Német(h) means in Hungarian: German - A person from Germany.

Most of you know me anyway from the races, I try to make it for every Ranked Race, and I am proud that I entered by far the most ranked Races in RSR.

I am not fast, but at least I am slow... :D

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
hi im john and im an alcoholic..........

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
crap wrong place lol hi im john or jonno i wont say what the mrs calls me

im at level 32 in my life and have been racing on the virtual stuff since the early 90s

im an ex motocross rider and ex army

i now spend my time with my kids as i cant do much more with having only one fully working knee atm
anyway im a quiet guy most of the time and i love my food almost as much as i love Motorsport 2 wheels to 6 im watching it
i do go karting on a semi pro/amateur level (im a stand in driver for my friends team..)

anyhow thats abit of incite to me

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hello, I'm the one @FlyingKman gets excited about whenever he spots me in Teamspeak. His Ali G impression still needs work.

Anyway, all the usual bits & bobs are here. I've loved motorsport for as long as I can remember. My Dad used to drag race a Mustang; his uncle raced stock cars in the 70's; and I raced karts for a few years when I was younger (only in a club, nothing pro) - so there's a faint whiff of motorsport pedigree in my family :D My Dad used to take me to drag races at Santa Pod, and stock car racing at Coventry Speedway fairly regularly, so I've got a thing for V8's. I'm happy watching all kinds of motorsport, but the WEC & IMSA endurance championships are what grab my attention at the moment.

I got started with Gran Turismo 3, and various racing games on PS2 & Xbox. I eventually got a PC in 2006 with Race WTCC & GTR 1, but I only had a PS2 pad to play them with. I finally got my DFGT in 2010, and never looked back. I've since done some iRacing, and competed in clubs running rFactor & Assetto Corsa. I like to think of RSR as my online racing home nowadays :)

Outside of racing, I love music & Netflix. I've played guitar in bands & studied music production at Uni. The course was a bit of a joke, and I barely make music anymore, but I got properly into sound engineering. I've since worked in live music & corporate events, picking up lighting & AV skills along the way. I got burnt out by the chaos and workload, so I'm currently working in the relatively serene environment of a secondary school, as a jack of all trades Performing Arts tech.

So yeah, that's me I suppose!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My name is Cluck and I've been addicted to Project CARS for just under 5 years now. I'm hoping that, with your help, I can keep this addiction going for a little while longer.

Kawalsky

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm Kawalsky and I'm too slow to be fast.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello I'm invincible (not literally, sadly). :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Yo! My name's Michael, I'm currently 23y/o living in the fantastic city of Newcastle, Australia (2hrs North of Sydney) - surrounded by lots of beaches and lakes.

My pride and joy is my 1991 BMW E30 project car which I work too much as it's always broken. I've been unhealthily obsessed with every kind of video game you can think of for longer than I can remember, I don't do much else or have any other hobbies. My start to racing games probably happened more than 10 years ago playing TOCA Touring Car Championship released in the late 90s with my Dad as well as playing through an entire co-op career mode championship with him on Colin McRae Rally 2.0, a really great memory.

At the time of posting this I'm the newest admin to join the RSR team, I try to be a helpful guy so feel free to ask me for help if you need anything and I'll do my best. I joined this awesome community after discovering Yorkie's videos and working up the courage to sign up. I wake up any time from about 3:30am - 5:00am to race with you guys but I wouldn't change a thing, I've tried other communities but there's no where nearly as good as the close, clean racing of RSR and it's awesome tight-knit community - this is simply the best there is and it's well worth getting up early for. :)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
As it's a new forum it's a good idea for everyone to introduce themselves again . . .

I'm Ant, aka 2scoops, probably the only disabled person in RSR, having suffered a brain tumour in 2005 and now permanently in a wheelchair. I can only use my right leg for racing, which does cause me problems, I do use my hands for driving of course, not my right leg lol I had had a 16 year career in the RAF up until that point in Tatical Comms.

I'm also probably the oldest member of RSR so that's 2 accolades I hold. I'm 50 years old, always been crazy about motorsport and bike racing, MotoGP, Superbikes, F1, WEC, GT Indycar, you name it pretty much. Got into sim racing properly a few years ago, my son has always had an Xbox, so have always played racing games with a controller, but the quality of the games back then were not up to much. Then I saw some video's on Youtube from a PC at 1080p and was blown away. From then on I had to get a PC and rig and here I am.

RSR is simply the best place to be, great racing, clean racing and great banter.

So if I finish ahead of you, remember, you've been beaten by a crippled pensioner lol

Regards

Ant

Photonenbert

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm Photon and I used to be Photonenbert.

Which was way to complicated i guess for non-germans and everyone kept misinterpreting the real meaning of my name which has never been Photo.

It's Photon.

#mindblown

...it also was way to wide for my new avatar... :p

Users who are viewing this thread