Introduce Yourself (5 Viewers)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sounds good. I wasn't sure that the vast majority was Euro based.
If anyone know any other good communities on this side of the pond, please let me know.
Thanks
Panther Racing Division(PRD) are a good bunch to race with, plus we do Crossover events with them. however we do have plenty of members members from your side of the pond so if you find the times are suitable then feel free to get involved

westozracer

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I'm from Perth Western Australia, 46 years young.

I'm very new to sim racing and all this online business. I would love to have a crack at the Italian race on the calendar. I'm not sure how to work it out or the process when it comes to race time. I race on xbox one.

is there info I need to to read about how to join the lobby for the race etc? Or if someone could help me here that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi All

I'm from Perth Western Australia, 46 years young.

I'm very new to sim racing and all this online business. I would love to have a crack at the Italian race on the calendar. I'm not sure how to work it out or the process when it comes to race time. I race on xbox one.

is there info I need to to read about how to join the lobby for the race etc? Or if someone could help me here that would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Welcome to rsr i see your on xbox.. Unfortunately we are predominantly pc based so all our events are held on pc platforms. But please stick around you never know there are people on here who still use console and may find a few to create some community races.. Once again welcome.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just to echo what @Jonno wrote above, but in the official capacity as a current staff member (this is not a dig at Jonno by the way, he's a long-serving member and is ex-staff), we are indeed a PC-focussed community here, with all of our officially organised events taking place on PC. Occasionally, members organise their own events so, yeah, it may be worth sticking around to see what comes up - or in case you make the move to PC sim-racing in the future.

And welcome to RSR :pompous:

westozracer

Community Member
Reaction score
Welcome to rsr i see your on xbox.. Unfortunately we are predominantly pc based so all our events are held on pc platforms. But please stick around you never know there are people on here who still use console and may find a few to create some community races.. Once again welcome.
Thanks @Jonno
Post automatically merged:

Just to echo what @Jonno wrote above, but in the official capacity as a current staff member (this is not a dig at Jonno by the way, he's a long-serving member and is ex-staff), we are indeed a PC-focussed community here, with all of our officially organised events taking place on PC. Occasionally, members organise their own events so, yeah, it may be worth sticking around to see what comes up - or in case you make the move to PC sim-racing in the future.

And welcome to RSR :pompous:
Thanks @Cluck. I am planning to upgrade to a PC in the future.

wheatjames

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm James Wheat. I race with PRD, I build PC for Sim Racing, not the fastest but that doesn't matter. I come from a long line of racers so racing is in my blood. Look forward to seeing some of you on the track.

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hello I am Axel, I live in Tenerife, Canary islands.
I mainly drive on Assetto corsa and competizione at the moment but i also enjoy some rfactor2 from time to time (and i must admit i never had the luck to try it online with real people); else i also own automobilista andi m looking forward for the sequel (i really hope that reiza can fix handle the mad engine and fix the physics).
i also own both project cars but i must admit i didnt launch it for a long time now the physics of the cars being Strange to my perception but i must admit i really enjoyed it in vr (but i dont handle vr for long period of time and decided to separate me from my occulus rift, maybe the next generation of vr headset could fix it)

My rigs is actually a T500rs + t3pa + th8a ;I would love to switch for fanatec but this brand doesnt seems to ship to my place easily

I am far from being the fastest, i am usually between 5 and 10sec behind best time online depending race/car combo. At least i tend to be consistant which i think is more important than being fast for 1 lap.

What else i could say, maybe the kind of car i prefer to race with: well this dépends on my mood really but i like GT3, F3, TC. This doesnt mean i dont race other cars, as i said before it really depends on my mood.
To finish this presentation, what i am looking for by joining this community is fair racing with battles that doesnt ends in the wall and no T1 incidents, i d rather leave the position to a very aggressive and Dangerous driver to then overtake him when he will be in the gravel at a later time (that usually comes sooner than you could expect)

See you on track

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi and welcome @FlyAxL

There are a group of us that do the iRacing endurance events which may suit you rathe than the shorter races! As you say, consistency is better than outright pace, might be something you'd want to consider!

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I sadly dont have iracing, mostly because of the fame it got about being overpriced. But who knows maybe with a sales coming off soon i ll maybe go and see by myself if it is that overpriced.

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I sadly dont have iracing, mostly because of the fame it got about being overpriced. But who knows maybe with a sales coming off soon i ll maybe go and see by myself if it is that overpriced.
There is a sale on right now for new members for 3 month subscription costing 1$ ;)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi and welcome @FlyAxL

There are a group of us that do the iRacing endurance events which may suit you rathe than the shorter races! As you say, consistency is better than outright pace, might be something you'd want to consider!
We also have an ever growing rfactor2 endurance section where we compete in the highly regarded Virtual Endurance Championship(VEC).

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
There is a sale on right now for new members for 3 month subscription costing 1$ ;)
It sounds nice and all, but what I remember from playing last time my wheel doesn't give enough info and I get send in to random spins all the time. (TMX Pro)

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score

At this price I have no excuse not to try it, thanks for the info

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
All rookie series races, R, are free content. Most road racers start with the Mazda and work their way up. On Tuesday week 13 begins where they update the sim and they have funny race series

JuniorJH

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
My name is John Halliwell, from Blackburn UK. Used to race karts, got too tall so i sim race now. Raced online for quite a while, but never too seriously. I do like to be competitive though and since upgrading to a better spec rig, started to pick up better results. I have PC2 and ACC but have mainly just been running on iRacing for the last several months. Would love to find some like minded racers to take part in endurance races with! As i said, i do like to be competitive, but having fun is the first priority. Hope to see you all on the track.

Kraken-Tortoise

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey there. Kraken here. Joined as this seems like a proper community for serious racers. I love Project CARS 2 and came here looking for a league to join in the game. It would be my first time joining on and of course my first time here, so forgive me if I don't know how things work. Great meeting you all! :)

Dacosta

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi from Portugal, always been playing racing games, since the spectrum 48k in the 80´s, loved the F1 GP and now im playing Pcars2.
found this forum when looking for info about adjusting setups:eek:.
good races

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Hi from Portugal, always been playing racing games, since the spectrum 48k in the 80´s, loved the F1 GP and now im playing Pcars2.
found this forum when looking for info about adjusting setups:eek:.
good
Bem vindo :)

Users who are viewing this thread