Introduce Yourself (3 Viewers)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey all,
Dave here, been playing racing games since as young as i remember, thought id take it to the next level by purchasing a rigout and getting back into the league racing .:cool:

Used to race leagues back in the Forza 2 days at forzamotorsport uk, maybe some folk here may have raced there too!!
I miss it so i want to get back into it :D

Looking to race perhaps in Pcars 2 or F1 possibly. Cheers.:cool:
Hi Dave, Welcome to RSR and welcome back to sim racing! unfortunately we do not venture into the F1 games however we do in Project Cars 2. As iv said above, we always welcome new members and are more than happy to help along the way as long as they understand and respect our Rules & Regulations. We have a wide range of experience and skills ranging from those casual members to those who compete in endurance racing against some of the top Sim racers(and occasionally real world racing drivers). Check out the forum for upcoming races and join us on teamspeak to get to know us. :)

Victor Manuel

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody, my name is Victor Manuel, I live in Canada and I am 68 yrs old. I started back in 2004 playing once in a while in GT in my son's PS3. Soon I became addicted to this little hobby and started what everybody in this community does: started upgrading my gear, a racing seat, a wheel, pedals why not,etc. Soon, I moved to PC and here we are, with DD wheel, motion platform, VR, HE pedals, Sim lab rig, triple screen, new wheels, . My wife says that the difference between a child and an adult man is the price of the toys ! I enjoy sim racing very much, I am not very fast but I like the challenge of improving and getting as close as I can to the leaders and real fast guys. The joy is in the journey really. Happy to be here and connect with new friends.

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score

davejm

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was introduced to the forum by @SharkyOB after a conversation about his exploits in the mini racing :) It looks like so much fun!!

I'm new to sim racing (yes, I'm one of those attracted during the lockdown period!). I didn't realise there was a thing as 'sim' racing; just racing video games and I didn't realise how rich and rewarding these sims actually are. My interest was peaked when I noticed the exposure Sky TV were giving to the F1 driver/celebrity races, so my attention started turning to the various YouTubers. I didn't understand there was such a vibrant sim racing community.

My hunt for a wheel commenced :) I started looking at £100 wheels (as a cheap entry to the genre) but ended up buying a TS-PC Racer (Ferrari Challenge Edition) and T-LCM pedals. I started playing F1 2019 before realising I wasn't really enjoying it. It didn't really feel like a racing sim, more like a rhythm action game. I could send the car around the circuits (once I'd learnt them) but it was all too fast and hectic once I was racing other cars. So I started to look at other games.

I started a career mode on pCars 2 and it felt like a revelation. Racing the Ginetta's around Oulton Park in the wet felt like a real treat and I started to feel like I was getting sucked into proper sim racing. But then I tried ACC.... oh my word... this game has sucked me right in.

Other games have barely had a look in, and I've racked up 200 hours in the game now. I started doing single player races to improve my ratings and absolutely loved racing the GT3 cars. It's brilliant. Since then I've helped to start a league with some members on another gaming community; so there are 8-15 of us racing weekly now. I've got a dedicated server setup, and it's brilliant fun learning a track each week and then putting that practice into a race night.

I'm very slow, but I'm learning my race craft. In the longer term I'd like to get involved in more leagues (when I get a bit faster, and feel like I'm more of a safer driver) so I'll keep my eye on things here. Looks like a good community you have!

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was introduced to the forum by @SharkyOB after a conversation about his exploits in the mini racing :) It looks like so much fun!!

I'm new to sim racing (yes, I'm one of those attracted during the lockdown period!). I didn't realise there was a thing as 'sim' racing; just racing video games and I didn't realise how rich and rewarding these sims actually are. My interest was peaked when I noticed the exposure Sky TV were giving to the F1 driver/celebrity races, so my attention started turning to the various YouTubers. I didn't understand there was such a vibrant sim racing community.

My hunt for a wheel commenced :) I started looking at £100 wheels (as a cheap entry to the genre) but ended up buying a TS-PC Racer (Ferrari Challenge Edition) and T-LCM pedals. I started playing F1 2019 before realising I wasn't really enjoying it. It didn't really feel like a racing sim, more like a rhythm action game. I could send the car around the circuits (once I'd learnt them) but it was all too fast and hectic once I was racing other cars. So I started to look at other games.

I started a career mode on pCars 2 and it felt like a revelation. Racing the Ginetta's around Oulton Park in the wet felt like a real treat and I started to feel like I was getting sucked into proper sim racing. But then I tried ACC.... oh my word... this game has sucked me right in.

Other games have barely had a look in, and I've racked up 200 hours in the game now. I started doing single player races to improve my ratings and absolutely loved racing the GT3 cars. It's brilliant. Since then I've helped to start a league with some members on another gaming community; so there are 8-15 of us racing weekly now. I've got a dedicated server setup, and it's brilliant fun learning a track each week and then putting that practice into a race night.

I'm very slow, but I'm learning my race craft. In the longer term I'd like to get involved in more leagues (when I get a bit faster, and feel like I'm more of a safer driver) so I'll keep my eye on things here. Looks like a good community you have!
Welcome to RSR! its an awesome hobby! and Pcars2 is just the beginning. once you gain more experience and understanding of sim racing you can then take the next leap into the proper simulators like iracing, acc or rfactor2 which bring a whole new level to how the cars feel and handle aswell as the details of setups.

as im sure SharkyOB will have mentioned, RSR is a nice friendly yet competitive community with all levels of experience and talent and as such plenty of people who can help you with aspects of simracing all you need to do is ask. you can find people on teamspeak most nights either racing or chatting and keep an eye on the forum for upcoming events.

look forward to seeing you around!

davejm

Community Member
Reaction score
Welcome to RSR! its an awesome hobby! and Pcars2 is just the beginning. once you gain more experience and understanding of sim racing you can then take the next leap into the proper simulators like iracing, acc or rfactor2 which bring a whole new level to how the cars feel and handle aswell as the details of setups.

as im sure SharkyOB will have mentioned, RSR is a nice friendly yet competitive community with all levels of experience and talent and as such plenty of people who can help you with aspects of simracing all you need to do is ask. you can find people on teamspeak most nights either racing or chatting and keep an eye on the forum for upcoming events.

look forward to seeing you around!

Yep, sorry not sure I was totally clear but I switched to ACC pretty much right away and I'm hooked on it at the moment. I'm rubbish at it, but it's amazing!

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yep, sorry not sure I was totally clear but I switched to ACC pretty much right away and I'm hooked on it at the moment. I'm rubbish at it, but it's amazing!
aslong as your having fun thats all that matters

dragunovguy

Community Member
Reaction score
Building cars, trucks, and bikes for 50 years. Amateur racer in SCCA in the 80s. Track weekends in a 2009 Porsche Cayman S for the last two years.
Got into sim racing right before the COVID it the USA because I'm bored and my brother with the Cayman S has not invited me to a track weekend in a long time.

Attachments

• AC4_8042_Dec0317_CaliPhoto.jpg
    AC4_8042_Dec0317_CaliPhoto.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 424

JamieA93

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Been around this site many, many years ago, I believe under the name of Stitch, or Doomstitch or something to that effect. Haven't used that name in such a long time and well, it's been a while so I figured it might be worth re-doing one of these. Last few years I haven't touched any form of racing, barely touched games if I'm honest - went through a bit of a drought with this where nothing interested me and it's starting to chip away at my sanity a little bit. So I've decided to go back to thing I enjoyed most, which is sim racing. Was never the best, far from it, but it was fun, so assuming it's still a thing here, I'd like to take part.

Things are a little different for me now. It's been a few years and a lot has happened in that time for me. Life changes, relationship changes, work ethic, mentality towards gaming and so on.. But mainly in terms of gaming and sim racing, I'm just wanting to take part for fun and for, I suppose, 'immersion'? - By that I mean, I used to play with only a brake and throttle, with the brake remapped to clutch, and little things like that.. Never really playing the way I felt it was meant to be played. I'm trying to learn with all things 'proper', so all pedals, clutch, got a shifter etc, but man, I need some help learning this. :p

Anyway, I'm wanting to join you guys for the fun. Going to be crap no doubt but hope that's okay. Not sure what games you play at the moment, last time I was around it was Project Cars 2, which I think is still my favourite, but if you've moved on I'd like to know what game it is that most of you play on so I can take part.

Cheers!

j.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey all,

Been around this site many, many years ago, I believe under the name of Stitch, or Doomstitch or something to that effect. Haven't used that name in such a long time and well, it's been a while so I figured it might be worth re-doing one of these. Last few years I haven't touched any form of racing, barely touched games if I'm honest - went through a bit of a drought with this where nothing interested me and it's starting to chip away at my sanity a little bit. So I've decided to go back to thing I enjoyed most, which is sim racing. Was never the best, far from it, but it was fun, so assuming it's still a thing here, I'd like to take part.

Things are a little different for me now. It's been a few years and a lot has happened in that time for me. Life changes, relationship changes, work ethic, mentality towards gaming and so on.. But mainly in terms of gaming and sim racing, I'm just wanting to take part for fun and for, I suppose, 'immersion'? - By that I mean, I used to play with only a brake and throttle, with the brake remapped to clutch, and little things like that.. Never really playing the way I felt it was meant to be played. I'm trying to learn with all things 'proper', so all pedals, clutch, got a shifter etc, but man, I need some help learning this. :p

Anyway, I'm wanting to join you guys for the fun. Going to be crap no doubt but hope that's okay. Not sure what games you play at the moment, last time I was around it was Project Cars 2, which I think is still my favourite, but if you've moved on I'd like to know what game it is that most of you play on so I can take part.

Cheers!

j.
Hey Stitch Jamie. We are still racing but not just Pcars2, we also host events and championships in AC, ACC aswell as enter championships and races in Iracing, Rfactor2 and ACC so plenty of choice here. if your looking at getting setup and need help then theres always people here to help and pass on their experiences. Induction has gone so you wont have to do that again but please read the rules and driving standards as some may have been updated since you last read them.

see you on track soon!

JamieA93

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh so it's not Project Cars anymore huh. I haven't played any of the other three, I suppose by first glance ACC would appeal most to me. Which game do you guys race most on?

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh so it's not Project Cars anymore huh. I haven't played any of the other three, I suppose by first glance ACC would appeal most to me. Which game do you guys race most on?
"We are still racing but not just Pcars2 " were still doing pcars2 but other aswell acc is growing aswell as iracing but experience counts for iracing since you have to pay for it

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We are racing currently in Project CARS 2, Assetto Corsa, Assetto Corsa Competizione, iRacing and rFactor 2. And currently some sprint/fun nights in Automobilista 2 :)

c-gaskell

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi all! :) I'm Charlotte, I'm 16 and from England. I got into racing on PCars2 a few months ago, and I've been getting bored of just playing against the AI, and after looking for somewhere I could race online I found here. I'm not great, and I'm only playing with a controller so I'm just looking for some casual races.

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hi all! :) I'm Charlotte, I'm 16 and from England. I got into racing on PCars2 a few months ago, and I've been getting bored of just playing against the AI, and after looking for somewhere I could race online I found here. I'm not great, and I'm only playing with a controller so I'm just looking for some casual races.
Welcome to RSR , I think a few play on controller that being @FuBii the alien that he is!, I think we do some casual fun nights on PCars2 as well for leagues, stick around there is bound to be some form of racing at some point.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Welcome! As Ben rightly said there are regular events in pcars2 but keep an eye on the forum, we are working on new leagues and events. All our members are helpful and friendly so say hi and join in and any questions or advice can be answered but as always the most important aspect is to understand and respect our rules and have fun!

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Welcome all new joiners:cool:

OddMonkeyPants

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Somewhat new to racing games lately. Played a good bit in my early twenties but am back now at 31. Enjoy the competitive nature while driving clean. I like when we race like real life.

Excited to slowly build a rig over the years and make this a hobby while I'm a stay-at-home Dad.

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread