RSR Academy
Reaction score
General Kenobi?
maxresdefault.jpg

Hylton

Community Member
Reaction score
Good day all

I am a new member and very excited for this venture together and truly grateful to be apart of the RSR community :)

I have recently decided to start Sim Racing and was referred to Join RSR , so I would like to hello to everyone and I am from South Africa :)

Hylton

Community Member
Reaction score
Good day all

I am a new member and very excited for this venture together and truly grateful to be apart of the RSR community :)

I have recently decided to start Sim Racing and was referred to Join RSR , so I would like to hello to everyone and I am from South Africa :)
Thank you for the likes , I have a question if one has a XBox One can one race on RSR and start in the Academy ?

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the likes , I have a question if one has a XBox One can one race on RSR and start in the Academy ?
Hey Hylton, we're PC only

Hylton

Community Member
Reaction score
Good day

Do you where i can race online from console ?

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
try a place called the online racing association or tora there just full console racing.

Good day

Do you where i can race online from console ?

MarcoConti

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Where to start?
I was born in Italy but I have lived most of my adult life in the USA. California to be precise.
Turns out that in Simracing the Earth is indeed flat and all the best races drop off the edge of the world somewhere West of where I live.
Someone should really advertise to get more people between here and Hawaii to start simracing. The servers are dead, and racing first thing in the morning, even on weekends, is not my idea of fun.

I started racing the Simbin classics GT legends and GTR2 (and at first wondering what did I have to do to make the car turn at T1 at Donington.
After some initial struggle, I graduated to racing in a GTR2 league, iRacing, then Assetto Corsa, and then my wife got really sick, life got in the way and my computer didn't get more powerful with age like a fine wine.
A couple of months ago, my wife (who is still sick, but we sort of got used to it) told me "Why don't you start racing again?". The subtext was "Or get that cockpit out of the office".
So I did, and I discovered my customized G25 inverted pedals had not weathered the pause of almost 5 years very well.
I remember the first game I fired up, Raceroom, and setting the AI really low.
I would turn much faster than the AI only for them to blow my doors out on any straight. By a lot.
Eventually, I remembered some of the old tricks and I displayed the pedals on screen and that's where I discovered that my throttle gave me at best around 75%, and oscillated wildly throughout.

Eventually, I decided to buy new pedals, Thrustmaster with a load cell T-Clm I think they are, and discovered that as far as feel, my G25 modded brake felt a lot better, so now I am surrounded by rubber stoppers, springs and other devices in the hope to mod my pedal so it feels better. I'd settle for being able to modulate the last 30% of the brake travel consistently.
Very likely, it's all in my head, as the pedals seem to work as advertised.

Anyway, as soon as I am not a moving barrier on track, I would like to race again in a league. I was pleasantly surprised by ACC. I find it to be a really well made game, and I still have all of the old warhorses I used to own (thank you Steam).

I tried iracing again, and I am less than impressed. Plus it looks like I have to buy enough cars and tracks I could probably finance a season of racing IRL.

That pretty much sums up who I am and where I come from. Nothing exciting, I am afraid.

I am actually thinking of hiring an online coach, if I can find one affordable enough, to set me back on my pace. It turns out that it's NOT like riding a bicycle. I am around 4 seconds off my times on average, and those were nothing to write home about to begin with.

I need to make new friends, but I have to make sure they are all a lot slower than me.

Cheers.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Where to start?
I was born in Italy but I have lived most of my adult life in the USA. California to be precise.
Turns out that in Simracing the Earth is indeed flat and all the best races drop off the edge of the world somewhere West of where I live.
Someone should really advertise to get more people between here and Hawaii to start simracing. The servers are dead, and racing first thing in the morning, even on weekends, is not my idea of fun.

I started racing the Simbin classics GT legends and GTR2 (and at first wondering what did I have to do to make the car turn at T1 at Donington.
After some initial struggle, I graduated to racing in a GTR2 league, iRacing, then Assetto Corsa, and then my wife got really sick, life got in the way and my computer didn't get more powerful with age like a fine wine.
A couple of months ago, my wife (who is still sick, but we sort of got used to it) told me "Why don't you start racing again?". The subtext was "Or get that cockpit out of the office".
So I did, and I discovered my customized G25 inverted pedals had not weathered the pause of almost 5 years very well.
I remember the first game I fired up, Raceroom, and setting the AI really low.
I would turn much faster than the AI only for them to blow my doors out on any straight. By a lot.
Eventually, I remembered some of the old tricks and I displayed the pedals on screen and that's where I discovered that my throttle gave me at best around 75%, and oscillated wildly throughout.

Eventually, I decided to buy new pedals, Thrustmaster with a load cell T-Clm I think they are, and discovered that as far as feel, my G25 modded brake felt a lot better, so now I am surrounded by rubber stoppers, springs and other devices in the hope to mod my pedal so it feels better. I'd settle for being able to modulate the last 30% of the brake travel consistently.
Very likely, it's all in my head, as the pedals seem to work as advertised.

Anyway, as soon as I am not a moving barrier on track, I would like to race again in a league. I was pleasantly surprised by ACC. I find it to be a really well made game, and I still have all of the old warhorses I used to own (thank you Steam).

I tried iracing again, and I am less than impressed. Plus it looks like I have to buy enough cars and tracks I could probably finance a season of racing IRL.

That pretty much sums up who I am and where I come from. Nothing exciting, I am afraid.

I am actually thinking of hiring an online coach, if I can find one affordable enough, to set me back on my pace. It turns out that it's NOT like riding a bicycle. I am around 4 seconds off my times on average, and those were nothing to write home about to begin with.

I need to make new friends, but I have to make sure they are all a lot slower than me.

Cheers.
Hey man. Welcome. Join the discord as well. You'll find activity in most sims, especially for team racing.

Connor Skudal

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm Connor, I was born in Norway and have been living in the UK for a long time. I'm a racing fan, I like any type of racing and love a good challenge and some strong competition. I found RSR through the Project Cars website, so as you can imagine I play on Project Cars 2. I play on XBox and always have been. I've been sim racing for a couple of years but am new to racing leagues and am looking to break into eSports and want some experience in some leagues.

I look forward to some tough racing and hopefully I can join some teams and leagues.

See you guys on the track.

Thank you.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm Connor, I was born in Norway and have been living in the UK for a long time. I'm a racing fan, I like any type of racing and love a good challenge and some strong competition. I found RSR through the Project Cars website, so as you can imagine I play on Project Cars 2. I play on XBox and always have been. I've been sim racing for a couple of years but am new to racing leagues and am looking to break into eSports and want some experience in some leagues.

I look forward to some tough racing and hopefully I can join some teams and leagues.

See you guys on the track.

Thank you.
Hello Connor,

Welcome to RSR! Unfortunately we are a PC-only community, and also Project CARS is no longer being used by us, so you won't exactly find here what you are looking for racing-wise.

However, feel free to stick around. I am pretty sure we have some members gaming on console, so there is nothing holding you back from making friends here for some XBox fun.
If you ever make the jump to PC at some point, you could join us for some team racing action on ACC, iRacing or rFactor2 (as this is our main focus for the time being).

So long!

Connor Skudal

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello Connor,

Welcome to RSR! Unfortunately we are a PC-only community, and also Project CARS is no longer being used by us, so you won't exactly find here what you are looking for racing-wise.

However, feel free to stick around. I am pretty sure we have some members gaming on console, so there is nothing holding you back from making friends here for some XBox fun.
If you ever make the jump to PC at some point, you could join us for some team racing action on ACC, iRacing or rFactor2 (as this is our main focus for the time being).

So long!
Ok, thank you for the response, my bad, I do hope to switch to PC at some point but not for now.

All the best.

Connor

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok, thank you for the response, my bad, I do hope to switch to PC at some point but not for now.

All the best.

Connor
when you do switch to PC, you wont regret it! hopefully we will see you return :)

Users who are viewing this thread