Project CARS 2 10th Dec 2017: 2 Hours of Texas - Crossover with PRD (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Weird, unfitting and illogical class combination and a sh*tty track.. hm.

May think of joining in, but need to test some things first :D

Ur dropping out last minute anyway. Typical "Morvic"-move :p

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ur dropping out last minute anyway. Typical "Morvic"-move :p
Why do you think I want to test it before I sign up!?

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
did some laps on the Audi LMP900 (my car for this race) yesterday under more a less race conditions (still do not know the weather).

It will be a very interesting race in the sense that the track is rather small, LMP900 will lap under 1m10s and GTE i reckon a bit more, so plenty of overtaking will occur between the LMP900 and GTE, this will be key on this track and i expect some major crashes happening already due to the track layout.

The track itself yeah...its a mess as expected. I enjoyed driving there but i can't really agree on the insistence of this pseudo-tracks inside American Oval racetracks. So many awesome tracks for this event available: Algarve, Silverstone, Hockenheim, Sakitto, Le mans, just to name a few and we are racing there.

The track itself is a combination of slow speed corners, a flat-out chicane and two banked corners, so basically the LMP aerodynamic grip is really not doing anything there.

With this being said, i am not saying the race will not be thrilling, it will for sure, and EDIT: (after seeing previous post): i didn't knew there was actually an LMP race there...ok...well...i wasnt expecting that :D

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I cannot participate as we have a Christmas party of my sons soccer club that evening, but I also dislike the idea to drive this short track for 2hrs straight, which would make 100 laps roughly...
Anyways, have fun everybody. I'll love to read your race reports afterwards. ;)

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Name: rider_nakor (Philip Bachmann)
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes
What Class do you want to drive? LMP900
-
Is it allowed to use the ‚change driver‘ feature?:D

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
Room for a Grumpy Scotsman?
This is the classes I'm looking at for running our (AOR) endurance league, would be nice to see an extra test :)
(The LMP2s are not quick enough compared to GTE's, so made passing more dangerous!)

The LMPs will probably match the GT's on the Infield, but will pass on the Oval no problem.
They do have better accel / speed / brakes than the GT's, so there may still be passing in the infield section too!
They have the speed to control the passing, without the GT drivers having to back off and alter their lines! (= safer).

I'll be setting up a similar event on the 15th Dec (same cars, other track (probably Silverstone GP), and all here are welcome to join! (Apex Online Racing).

Name: AndrexUK
What Class do you want to drive? GTE

Last edited:

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am probably only one of the few who really likes this track as it is something uncommon and interesting. But i have a question concerning pit entry. Do we go to the appron (sry if i spelled it wrong, i have no idea how to write it although i am a nascar freak xD) at Turn 3 and 4 of the oval or do we turn left after Turn 4 into the pits. I think we should sort that so nobody gets and advantage/disadvantage when pitting

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: SBart_uk
What Class do you want to drive? LMP900

GosuNoob

Community Member
Reaction score
It will be a very interesting race in the sense that the track is rather small, LMP900 will lap under 1m10s and GTE i reckon a bit more, so plenty of overtaking will occur between the LMP900 and GTE, this will be key on this track and i expect some major crashes happening already due to the track layout.

The track itself is a combination of slow speed corners, a flat-out chicane and two banked corners, so basically the LMP aerodynamic grip is really not doing anything there.

I don't want to clog up the sign ups but just want to point out 2 things.

1- If LMP aero wasn't functional, you wouldn't be able to run the same lap times whether running 0 downforce, or full downforce. I think this is actually a fantastic quirk, as it allows the driver to tune the car fully to his driving style, being that there isn't one "premium" setup. The more driving tactics available, the better as far as I'm concerned.
2- If your expectation for this right NOW is that there will be major crashes, you need to re-evaluate that. This will be the 5th event of this type we have run from Le Man's to Bathurst, across 12 or 13 lobbies between the events, and I can't recall a single time we've had even a 3 car wreck.

Looking forward to seeing you all on track!

Jesper Ramsberg

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: jesper80

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I don't want to clog up the sign ups but just want to point out 2 things.

Sorry maybe i should have made my point better explained...what i mean is that the aero grip might not be as of important as other tracks, altough yes i do agree it makes a diference.

well i hope for a good race, and i'll try to do my part, it's just the track layout on the fast sections its not like bathurst or lemans where you have a clear line all the time the straight has 2 small kinks that can be dealt differently and flat out.

Anyway as you mentioned lets not clog the sign ups, looking forward for this one for sure :)

Last edited:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This is the classes I'm looking at for running our (AOR) endurance league, would be nice to see an extra test :)
(The LMP2s are not quick enough compared to GTE's, so made passing more dangerous!)

The LMPs will probably match the GT's on the Infield, but will pass on the Oval no problem.
They do have better accel / speed / brakes than the GT's, so there may still be passing in the infield section too!
They have the speed to control the passing, without the GT drivers having to back off and alter their lines! (= safer).

I'll be setting up a similar event on the 15th Dec (same cars, other track (probably Silverstone GP), and all here are welcome to join! (Apex Online Racing).

shame your not in LMP900, would have been fun to have a rematch! :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

If you stop making advertisement for AOR I try to reconsider ;)

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Name: grobi0815

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If you stop making advertisement for AOR I try to reconsider ;)
Name: AOR_Puffpirat
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? No
What Class do you want to drive? LMP

Sorry couldn’t resist ;) can’t make the event :(

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Name: AOR_t0daY
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes besides track limits