Project CARS 2 10th Dec 2017: 2 Hours of Texas - Crossover with PRD (1 Viewer)

w0rthy

Community Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have been scheduled to work at the time of the race, I will have to withdraw.

atmosfearic34

Community Member
Reaction score
There's a possibility I won't be able to attend the race. My game got revoked from my Steam account the other day after purchasing it on G2A a week before due to the key being obtained (possibly) through illegal means :( If I manage to get my refund and re-purchase the game by Sunday, I'll definitely attend :)

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Hujkis
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes
What Class do you want to drive? GTE

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Name: Taorminator (TaoDue)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
When will be getting the weather for qualifying and the race so we can prepare

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I already asked the question, but probably with all the sign ups it got lost
We should clarify how to enter and exit the pits because there are no real pit entry/pit exit lines.
In my opinion we should use the Appron on Turn 1 and 2 of the oval as pit exit and join the main track before the hairpin going into the infield, otherwise there might be some hairy situations with much faster cars on the main track if we join the oval right after pit exit.
The same would be for pit entry, i think we should use the Appron on Turn 3 and 4 of the oval as pit entry as we won't have to brake for the pit entry at the end of the banked corner.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I already asked the question, but probably with all the sign ups it got lost
We should clarify how to enter and exit the pits because there are no real pit entry/pit exit lines.
In my opinion we should use the Appron on Turn 1 and 2 of the oval as pit exit and join the main track before the hairpin going into the infield, otherwise there might be some hairy situations with much faster cars on the main track if we join the oval right after pit exit.
The same would be for pit entry, i think we should use the Appron on Turn 3 and 4 of the oval as pit entry as we won't have to brake for the pit entry at the end of the banked corner.

Apologies, must really slipped through. I will have a look tonight and come back with an information post. Thanks for bumping this up!

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i agree with @The Wayfaerer . The pit exit where it stands is allright, just inside the hairpin to the infield. It is quite safe to join the track there.

However, the pit entry is a mess just after the final oval corner. I would suggest requesting players to enter the 'non-banked- oval section after the last hairpin, before it gets to dangerous, and do the oval corner on the non-banked interior.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i agree with @The Wayfaerer . The pit exit where it stands is allright, just inside the hairpin to the infield. It is quite safe to join the track there.

However, the pit entry is a mess just after the final oval corner. I would suggest requesting players to enter the 'non-banked- oval section after the last hairpin, before it gets to dangerous, and do the oval corner on the non-banked interior.

So using the apron as entry and exit :D

Stocky

Community Member
Reaction score
1) Entering the apron after the final turn onto the Speedway is way too early for pit entry. At that point, you haven't even reached the sector 2 mark yet. I'd say just after you end sector 2 and start sector 3, is when you want to start making your way down to the apron for pit entry (and even that may be too soon, but it's a good visual marker for this race).

These cars handle fine bringing them down to the apron from there. It's not like Daytona, where you have much more speed, no brakes, and you're almost out of control getting onto the apron.

2) For pit exit, the apron is what we used for our Texas GTE race at PRD. There's plenty of grip to get up to speed on the apron, and after the high bank turn and just before turn 1, you can see the white line becomes a dotted line. That's where we entered the track, or you can stay on the apron right into turn 1.

Both of these are easy visual clues as well.

1) Second sector marker, for pit entry.
2) Dotted line after apron, for pit exit.

Last edited:

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
When a spot is still available I’m in.

Name:
Cornworld
What Class do you want to drive? LMP900

Nada

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Nada

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: crisbcros
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? yes

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: PJDubyaM
What Class do you want to drive? LMP900

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys but I have to quit this.... I have moved my computer from room, and for now I don't have place for it in my apartment.

@t0daY

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Cheers guys, I will drop out on this one. I can't get to grips with this combination and I really don't want to be that guy which bowls off a dozen others because I can't keep my shit together on this tight track. If it was GTE only, it might be a different thing, but with the LMP900 in there too, I chicken out. Sorry.

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
I might be hard pushed to get the Mini humans (well, more the backup mini human) to sleep in time for this (We are running low on Whiskey, and all out of Horse Tranquilizers) If I'm lucky, I might just make the end of Qually...
Will try my best.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
...I chicken out. Sorry.

Snap2.png
9477234930_88614d3573.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread