Project CARS 2 10th May 2018 - A Vintage Spring (1 Viewer)

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
unfortunately i have to drop out (again :( ), i might get called away shortly before the briefing so i am very unlikely to be back in time

Zenny

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Zenny
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

Sorry for the late signup, didn't try these cars to earlier and I like them a lot

Reactions: Tom

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, can't make it tonight. Family thing. Have a nice race. Sorry for late call.

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Those who made VPN services, Holy people

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Ok, that was a rollercoaster evening.

Really wasn't feeling in best form before the start, and nearly pulled out. Glad I didn't overall though - so nice to see a great spread of cars in the field.

In the first race I was all over the place in the first two laps - I could not get settled at all. Many apologies to TaoDue (@Taorminator ?) for the punt. You surprised me by passing by at such speed, and I really didn't recalculate my line well. The front of my car gave you plenty of space, but the rear came out and tapped you badly. At the time I didn't even realise I'd done more than a light tap. I'm really sorry for ruining your race.

Race 2 was a better showing, helped of course by the reverse grid and a car with plenty of straight line muscle. Taking advantage of the lap one fighting I actually got a reasonable lead before being hunted down by first @Zenny then @SBart_uk. These guys were going insanely fast, and the battle was hypnotic to watch. In fact - it was so awesome I'm totally going to blame that for @The Hunter catching me! (No really - he was awesomely fast too). I still struggle to defend position well - I tend to just drive badly while worrying about cutting someone off.

With the Hunter past I settled for 4th , which would still be a strong finish. Then he went wide and ran off on the last corner and I got past again for third. If I had been ruthless I might have taken my full racing line to the end of the track while he was off, blocking his entry to the track...but that would have been rather harsh. Sadly that 2 second lead a gained was quickly eroded, and he passed me again, all too easily for my liking. 4th again.

With only one lap to go I was rather surprised to find myself promoted to 3rd - really a shame how it ended for @Zenny as that was one strong performance, you really deserved a better result.

Still I'll take a reverse grid 3rd :D

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I had a technically challenging evening. I had a bsod on the rolling start in race 1 (Windows had replaced my usb3 card's driver for some reason). With that sorted, I was ready for race 2. I decided on a whim to test out OBS, but had the bitrate set far too high which I think caused my connection issues. I retired when the jitter got dangerous.

Aside from all that, I loved wrestling the Jaaag around this circuit, and couldnt help but laugh breezing past people on the straights :D I'm pleased I made my way up to 6th after starting at the back. I had a few spins and fell back, but still had fun regardless. Here's my slightly broken video:

Some highlights:
11:13 - Start
11:55 - Spidey Sense avoidance
16:34 - yeah boy
25:24 - Hot tyres leading to a stylish spin
26:15 - Not so stylish spin

Last edited:

Zemke

Community Member
Reaction score
Man, that was a really great event! Thanks so much for putting that one together. Just goes to show you, put a request in the suggestion thread and your dreams will come true.

Highlight of the day for me was battling with @Darksi towards the end of the first race. It was American Muscle vs German Precision: Mustang vs Carrera. Yeah he won, but it was great fun!

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Zemke that was an awesome battle mate, i thoroughly enjoyed it, would of loved to have kept that one going for a little longer.

Was hoping for a repeat in race 2 but after the damage from the first lap incident and sitting and get repaired i was too far back, and didn't the speed to catch people up.

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Well what can I say about tonight other than it was f'in' awesome! I was very happy to get pole against the power of the Ferraris' and Jags' with some very good drivers driving them. I had a good first lap with some side by side action with @Puffpirat . Only to totally screw it up into the first turn on lap 2. My tyre pressures were way to high after the warm up lap and it took a lap or two for them to cool down and get into the correct range. I went about a million miles off track and let @Puffpirat and @The Hunter through. At that point I thought "that's it, there's no way i can fight 2 more powerful cars" . But luckily I managed to get past Hunter and pull a comfortable gap. I then managed to close the gap to Puffy quite quickly and started challenging him for position. We had many laps of awesome battling. Then suddenly Hunter was up the inside..."Where did he come from?!" the last time I checked he was around 4s behind then suddenly he was in front of me and put up one hell of a fight. I made a few attempts over the next few laps but none of them managed to stick and I got a good run out of the tight downhill section and thought I could stick it up the inside as I had managed to almost do the few laps before. I think he was concentrating on something else and didn't see me. So I made contact with him(i'll accept responsibility for it as I was the car behind and probably should have lifted a bit earlier but as I was in the Porsche any millisecond off of the power hurt me BIG TIME coming onto the back straight). After that there was not enough time to catch puffy up so I had to settle for 2nd.

In race 2 I started from 9th and had an exciting drive through the field until I came up on my protégé "UnstopaPaul". It took about 2 laps to make an overtake stick I think. I then set about chasing down @Zenny. I did not expect it to take so long to make the overtake (20 mins?) he had so much power there was nothing i could do except keep sticking it up the inside into T2 and hope for him to run wide or make a mistake. It looked like it might happen a few times but it wasn't quite enough. Eventually he went a bit too wide in T2 which was enough for me to have a real good go at him and I managed to pass and then pull away over the next few laps for the win. Very happy I finally win a race where there wasn't some random issue that caused the event to not be ranked :D.
Its a real shame @Zenny ran out of fuel. He well deserved a P2 after the pace he was showing and the amazing defence he was putting up lap after lap.

Looking forward to the next Event/League (We need a Single Seater event guys come on...Its been 8 months since we drove a Single Seater/Open Wheel at RSR :O...Waaaaay too long! From the comments in the season 4 feedback thread there is a real desire for some single seater action!)

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
I had a good couple of corners then it all went to sh!t as usual. I wasn't having fun driving round on my own with no one else in sight.

It was kind of a make or break race for me, unfortunately I'm broken so it is time to take a break.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Was a fun event while it lasted: misses was arriving home earlier than usual so i was unable to join the second race.

nevertheless. Bad quali at 19th, i just seem to not be as fast with some cars as i am with others....

No incidents and some very fun battles and i climbed a bit on the table: trying to go for 10th place as i was gaining on Eugene at the last 4/5min and fending of attacks from behind, i binned it with 3min to go and then to make matters worse and with my concentration gone, i binned it again, by doing the last corner to wide and entering the pits :D: did a drive-through, and finished the race back in the field.

However, good fun :) and thanks for the battles!

Jaco P.

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh, yeah. Last night was fun.
Managed to keep the car on track (most of the time) and had contact free race (at least I think so..:) ). There were some good battles and at the end am I happy with the results.
Definitely will be joining similar events in the future! :pompous:

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Fun night for me! :) the combo was refreshing and I had good racing moments :)
I didn't have any practice before 45 min from the briefing and never raced any of the cars or that track so I just came with a cool head not looking for something else than fun. I expectedly qualified at the back of the field.
RACE 1 : I was surprisingly faster during the race as I imitated the racing line and braking points from other drivers and I quickly gained a lot of positions. Unfortunately I had a contact with @UnstopaPaul that caused me to spin and @Ranjanado to crash into me as there was nothing to do to avoid the accident. @UnstopaPaul don't worry mate, your footage gave me more understanding of the situation as it seems you were trying to catch your car back. At that moment it seemed like a rather aggressive move and I was disapointed you didn't wait for me but I believe you that you didn't realize you had spinned me. So no need to talk about it anymore it's cool and just a race incident ;) restarted at the back and there is really nothing to mention for the rest of the race.
RACE 2 : two words to sum it all : consistency and vigilance :) started from P16 and finished P6! :) I didn't do any mistakes and managed to avoid incidents which rewarded me with a good result :) and boyyy what a finish! :p @The Wayfaerer passed me in the last lap but I reclaimed P6 as my nimble little Porsche squeezed trough the tiniest of space in the very last corner! :D A ballsy move but the risk was calculated as I did the same to @Ashnoom before and knew the Porsche had an advantage there against heavier cars. We exhanged some paint there but I honnestly think it was fair :)

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Had some good battles in the first race. My pace wasn't that good, but stayed out of trouble, and was 11th at one stage. Jaco P. overtook me with about 3 laps to go, and I tried staying on his tail. Last lap I made a very very slight mistake in the twisty section, putting Raigore on my tail. He got better drive than me out of the last corner, and on my side this is how it ended, me being in the Ferrari.
ss180951.jpg

In cases like this, where it is very close, do you ever get that on one person's pcars someone ended in front, but on the other the result looks different? If the line was just a bit further forward he would have had me.

Was immensely fun.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jaco P.

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh, no problem.
Reminder just in case you forgot.. :) Tnx for your effort.

Users who are viewing this thread