Project CARS 2 11th Feb 2018: '71 - A Fine Vintage (1 Viewer)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My Rift is still not running reliably so I'm also out of racing until further notice. A complete re-install of Windows and moving the sensor and headset to USB 2.0 ports (this is a DK2, so no need for USB 3.0) has failed to make any difference. The USB sensor keeps resetting at random (could take 5 minutes, could take an hour) and I simply cannot risk racing now with the high likelihood of it failing mid-race.

I can't complain I suppose. I bought the DK2 in September 2015 and it's been in constant use ever since (and taken more than a few knocks ;) )

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
Ranj, there's no need to reinstall game. Usually if you get some weird game behaviour all you need to do (and be sure that you do it after each update) is to check game files integrity and delete your profile folder from ...documents/Project Cars 2/savegame/72456509/
Many thanks Eugene. IO will remember that for the future. Re-installed and game is working gr8 again!! Happy days

Loxias

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Loxias
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I've hurt my back doing diy today, don't think i'll be able to sit in my rig for an hour long race sorry guys...

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Giving this a miss. Not practiced and don't know what time I have to dissappear tonight. Sorry guys have a good race :)

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't make it to the race. Have too much to do unfortunately.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
the race was going ultra-fun, even with suspension dmg :)
too bad the server crashed, then, i lost my mojo to restart.

we need to do more of this vintage races :D.

As a matter of fact, i'll suggest smt later today maybe.

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Very cool combo. Thanks very Much for setting this one up.

Shame the server crashed (blessing in disguise for me) though and sorry I couldn’t join in second race. My wrist was killing me having put a drill through it last weekend.

Hope for more combos like that in the future!

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Loved every minute of this event!!! Old cars on old tracks are always tons of fun and suit my driving style perfectly.
Very unfortunate everyone d/ced from the server (I thought it was just me at first and nearly cried:D). But at least it erased my silly mistake early on where I took a bit of damage and then could push properly in the restarted race. The Force Feebback was so strong in this car you can probably see it shaking me around every time I'm on the brakes lol :).

My Onboard from the start of qually:
lol..what a great thumbnail youtube decided on(it changed now :( ) :)

Last edited:

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
Short summary:

First Race went good for me until i crashed my car into the Hairpin Hay Bales... Destroyed the whole front from my car (Suspension, Headlights, Radiator...) so i went to the pits and had a 2,5 minute Repair. Was 14th or 13th after this. And because i was very unconcentrated after this crash is spun out a second time. Then i decided to just crash the server to get a second chance! (Just kidding)

The second race went much better. I finished without any accident and close to 4th place. I was going a bit slower in the last lap because i had 20 seconds to 6th and don't wanted to risk it. The Gap to 4th was bigger because of that at the finish line.

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
To me both races were good enough. Especially if take into account that I had almost no practice and used stock setup. I didn't try to run as fast as possible but just wanted to be consistent (and avoid track edges ;) ), so my average lap time stayed near 2.12.000 mark.
During the second race I didn't improve my time because I forgot to lower fuel load :) But still the consistency did the trick, soon enough I got 4th place as @Eugene Gajkin and then @SillySausage lost control of their cars. The rest of the race I was aiming to keep my position as I saw @dominiczeth quite close in my rear mirrors, he kept staying within 3 to 1 seconds behind till the very end.
To summarize: I really liked the track-car-time of day combo but I hope we don't have server problems in future.

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
I forgot that i had to use the SQ Mode from my Shifter because H-Shifter doesn't work how it should... :( I've send it in today to Fanatec for Repair.
What doesn't work was when shifting into 5th gear it could happen that it shifts in 1st instead. Which is deadly.

Users who are viewing this thread