11th May 2017 - Pre Season Test - Revolution Cup (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Main Banner Revolution Cup V5.png

Open to:
Orange
& Green
Badged Members

Car: Caterham SP/300.R
Track: Various Tracks

Date: Thursday, 11th May 2017
18:30 UTC - Race 1
19:00 UTC - Race 2
19:30 UTC - Race 3

Qualifying: 10 minutes
Laps: Various

Ingame Date: 11th May 2017
Ingame Time: 14:00
Time Progression: 1x
Weather Conditions: Various
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Driving Aids: Real
Tire Wear Multiplier: Real
Fuel Usage Multiplier: Real

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the red marker, maintaining our speed.

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is this today evening? ;)
Is there a mandatory briefing or can I just show up 18:30 UTC?

Nevil

Community Member
Reaction score
That was fun guys!! Sorry I didn't speak much, but my son is sleaping in the adjacent room, so I have to be as quiet as possible. I needed some time to setup Project Cars, Teamspeak and my controller, so I was (dis)connecting a lot during the first practice because of that. Also noticed I'm rusty, because my left leg was cramping during the second race and I had to retire :p

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Ah missed that. Cracking fun guys.

Kman you were my nemesis for some mega action there in 2 races and mo damn u for taking me in the corkscrew :p.

Reactions: Tom

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That was a lot of fun. The wet race was hard work - really need to be careful not to lock up or slide, or the tyres will punish you hard. Both of the dry races were an enormous amount of fun.

This season is going to rock :joyful:

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What an absolutely great evening of racing, really enjoyed that, shame i couldn't use my times from last night in my time trials as i was quicker but hey ho a second wont make a difference in my standings. looking forward to what is looking like a great season

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The thing that stood out for me, the most, last night was how much fun people were having with the push-to-pass feature this car has. Got to hand it to the admin, they've picked a cracking car for Season 2 and last night's fun has got me itching to get going with it :) . Shame we can't extend the season to include Laguna Seca and/or Sonoma to the track list, they were an absolute blast! That said, we have still got some fantastic tracks to race on.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry for missing the event, I had a really bad headache and felt overall not really great. Thank you @Cluck for taking over so quickly!

I see season 2 should be blast, maximum attack on monday! :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A thank you, also, to Battenberg for controlling the dedicated server (something I've not done) and KMan - between us, I think we picked a brilliant 3 tracks to act as a shake-down. Donington, in the wet, is quite fearsome until you get into the rhythm of braking earlier and with less force - lock up or get the tail out and your tyres get murdered (fronts show extreme wear from locking up, rears overheat like they're at some kind of Hades Worshippers Convention). Really really good fun though.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I totaly agree with cluck for donnington. It was an absalute blast. The car handles better in the wet than the dry imo.. ((yeh yeh ok i spun it a few times lol)) but great fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread