Assetto Corsa Competizione 12 Hours of Suzuka (hosted by RLM) (1 Viewer)

12 Hours of Suzuka (hosted by RLM)
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Saturday, April 18, 2020 - 11:00
Until: Saturday, April 18, 2020 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
Complicated, but is it still possible to set up a team in the next couple of weeks than?
And are all these events for differend kinds of classes for the eventual race?

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If you want to do the Suzuka 12 hrs, you need to put a team together in time for this Saturday's (pre)qualifying race. This is done on their website, and needs to be submitted the day before at the latest. If you do well on Saturday and make their selection of 25 teams, you will then participate in their 'Super pole' session (11th April) to decide grid order for the main race (18th April). I imagine the 90 min race on the 3rd of April is optional.

The other event on the 5th-10th of April is (pre)qualifying for their endurance championship, which is entirely seperate from the Suzuka 12 hrs.

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
So saturday is mandatory? Quite a nasty surprise as I was looking forward to joining an endurance race but have other appointments this saturday.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So saturday is mandatory? Quite a nasty surprise as I was looking forward to joining an endurance race but have other appointments this saturday.

Yes it's mandatory, and it's no surprise, it's been common knowledge for ages. If you've joined their discord channels you get alerts when they update info for the event.
Post automatically merged:

Ricardo even posted about it in this thread:

RACERS, THE WAIT IS OVER!

With this post, we are opening the sign ups for the Qualifying Race for RLM's upcoming 12 H Suzuka event. 25 teams have received an invitation; the remaining 25 team slots are up for grabs in this Qualifying Race, for a total of 50 teams taking part in the 12 H race. In order to secure yourself a team slot for the 12 H race, you need to take part in this Qualifying Race with your team and finish among the top 25.

RLM stewards will also look at your racing etiquette. If you win this Qualifying Race with reckless driving, you will not get a car slot for the 12 H race. If you finish 30th but got taken out by others and have fast pace, you can still get a team slot for the 12 H race. RLM will communicate the car slot decisions 2 days after this Qualifying Race.

Note: this race will NOT determine your starting grid position for the 12 H race. This race "just" determines which teams get a slot for the 12 H race. In total, 25 car slots are up for grabs.

Schedule

Date of this Qualifying Race: Saturday March 21, 2020

P - 16:00 - 16:15 GMT - 15 Mins
Q - 16:15 - 16:30 GMT - 15 Mins
R - 16:30 - 18:30 GMT - 2 Hours

3 Mandatory pitstops with driver swap at each pitstop (!).

Teams of 2-4 drivers. We expect the teams to stay the same for the actual 12 H race in April. 1 driver change per team is permitted in case of absences, illness etc. It is explicitly not permitted to let your “fast alien friends” run the Qualifying Race for you, and then switch to a completely new driver lineup for the actual 12 H race. Doing this will see your team removed from the race.

Sign your team up for the Qualifying Race here: https://www.redlinemotorsport.co.uk/championships/138/
Unlimited signups for the Qualifying Race, we will run multiple servers.

Just as a reminder, the dates of the actual 12H Suzuka race:
- Sat. April 11, Superpole Qualifying
- Sat. April 18, 12 H Race

Last edited:

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
So 21st is just a Quali or is there still a race too? Due to C-Virus I'm going to be at home on the 21st.

How wants to participate in RSR Team Orange? There ware a few ppl in there but I don't know if they are racing in that other team or if they are racing at all? Please a little statement.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So 21st is just a Quali or is there still a race too? Due to C-Virus I'm going to be at home on the 21st.

I have updated the OP with the collected event info, and will update it when more info comes out. Hopefully that's a bit clearer. I would still suggest anyone interested to keep an eye on their discord (especially the '12h_suzuka_info' channel) as that's RLM's main method of communication.

@falcon2081 @ramdrop @grobi0815 @frankodrose @hinesy32 @Taorminator @RdMracer @EDDY PRIME @Pierre CREUSEVAULT @MATT1

Tagged guys: Are you in or out? If you want to get into the pre-qualifying race you need to put a team together before Friday, and sign up to the race on their website.

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
I cannot be there this saturday, so because of that I am out.

• Informative
Reactions: Tom

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I have updated the OP with the collected event info, and will update it when more info comes out. Hopefully that's a bit clearer. I would still suggest anyone interested to keep an eye on their discord (especially the '12h_suzuka_info' channel) as that's RLM's main method of communication.

@falcon2081 @ramdrop @grobi0815 @frankodrose @hinesy32 @Taorminator @RdMracer @EDDY PRIME @Pierre CREUSEVAULT @MATT1

Tagged guys: Are you in or out? If you want to get into the pre-qualifying race you need to put a team together before Friday, and sign up to the race on their website.
I won't be able to attend the pre-quali, i'll be supporting the team instead ! ;)

• Informative

MATT1

Community Member
Reaction score
I wont be able to praticipate this saturday, so im out

Last edited:

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

How wants to participate in RSR Team Orange? There ware a few ppl in there but I don't know if they are racing in that other team or if they are racing at all? Please a little statement.
Miagi, so you can race this Saturday right? Shall qe do some practise together this Thursday and Friday and try to see if we can developa good setup for the race?

zevme

Community Member
Reaction score
if someone accepting an AM driver, and driving for fun not for winning a would join!

thanks

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Those taking part in Saturday’s (pre-)Qualifying race need to make sure their team entry on the RLM website is complete by midnight tomorrow (Thursday 23:59 GMT). They will not be updating the entry list after then. It gets updated each night, so changes now are not applied immediately.

This also means you must test driver swaps are working correctly on their team server asap, and report issues to their staff. Any errors will probably not be fixed after the above deadline.

@t0daY you still need to sign up to their website with your discord and add details to your profile. @Puffpirat any news on your situation?

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I will be there this weekend and can drive! I suggest to Manu we all drive Saturday, which would give us maximum flexibility for the real race. If we can only change one driver in the lineup that is :)

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sry guys, can't make it. It's a bit work atm because of this stupid virus.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
  • Agree

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I will be there this weekend and can drive! I suggest to Manu we all drive Saturday, which would give us maximum flexibility for the real race. If we can only change one driver in the lineup that is :)

Great! Any car you prefer? We can always change before the big race itself. I'll be practising for it on Friday night, if you would like to join me?

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Whatever is quick :D and maybe doesn’t want to kill us every lap. I can be around a bit on Friday till my wife arrives.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Btw, both RSR Blue and Orange are in the same split (bottom 50 cars). The RSR army needs to qualify both cars for the April 18th race #RSRPowaaaaaa! :D

Users who are viewing this thread