iRacing 12h Bathurst - 10th February 2018 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

CaptCRASH

Community Member
Reaction score
I could buy the 488, but not sure if 1 week of seat time prior to the enduro will be enough for me to learn the car :eek:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
OK, hit that Chicken button folks, I'm not sure it's a good idea if I take part in this :sorry:

Having to unlearn the pCARS version is proving tricky to say the least but that's not my biggest problem. No, my biggest problem is the same one I had before.

Feedback, or the lack thereof.

At a circuit like this I need all the feedback I can get from the car and, right now, I'm just at a loss. I can't feel braking, I can't feel understeer, I can't feel oversteer, in short, I can't feel anything. To make matters worse, the audio is not telling me what's going on either, which really is a problem. You can sort of get away with it at Le Mans (and I did, most of the time :D), it's a wide track and most of the corners are flowing, with lots of room to mess up. Bathurst is utterly unforgiving and without the game giving me the feedback I need to drive with confidence, despite my knowledge of Bathurst, I'm nothing more than a dangerous liability right now.

Help!

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
OK, hit that Chicken button folks, I'm not sure it's a good idea if I take part in this :sorry:

Having to unlearn the pCARS version is proving tricky to say the least but that's not my biggest problem. No, my biggest problem is the same one I had before.

Feedback, or the lack thereof.

At a circuit like this I need all the feedback I can get from the car and, right now, I'm just at a loss. I can't feel braking, I can't feel understeer, I can't feel oversteer, in short, I can't feel anything. To make matters worse, the audio is not telling me what's going on either, which really is a problem. You can sort of get away with it at Le Mans (and I did, most of the time :D), it's a wide track and most of the corners are flowing, with lots of room to mess up. Bathurst is utterly unforgiving and without the game giving me the feedback I need to drive with confidence, despite my knowledge of Bathurst, I'm nothing more than a dangerous liability right now.

Help!
First problem: what kind of wheelbase do you have?
Second problem: you mean you can't hear the tires? If so, then turn down the volume of everything, except the tires.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wheel is Logitech G29.

I can hear the tyres, I just can't hear what they're doing. I know that doesn't sound like it makes a lot of sense but they just sound like wind noise to me. I'm so used to the feedback (both through the wheel and through the audio) that pCARS2 gives that this feels completely alien. It's the braking that I find the weirdest, in that I have no feedback at all, zero, nothing, nada, it's just "stamp on the brake pedal and the car slows down". I don't know how to describe it other than "I don't understand what the car is doing".

I think I need to adjust the Oculus FOV aswell. It feels like I'm travelling at 10mph everywhere, which also doesn't help when you're trying to brake - there's no sense of a drop in speed, which also isn't helping.

It's incredibly frustrating as I just feel completely lost :(

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wheel is Logitech G29.

I can hear the tyres, I just can't hear what they're doing. I know that doesn't sound like it makes a lot of sense but they just sound like wind noise to me. I'm so used to the feedback (both through the wheel and through the audio) that pCARS2 gives that this feels completely alien. It's the braking that I find the weirdest, in that I have no feedback at all, zero, nothing, nada, it's just "stamp on the brake pedal and the car slows down". I don't know how to describe it other than "I don't understand what the car is doing".

I think I need to adjust the Oculus FOV aswell. It feels like I'm travelling at 10mph everywhere, which also doesn't help when you're trying to brake - there's no sense of a drop in speed, which also isn't helping.

It's incredibly frustrating as I just feel completely lost :(
That is just a first tip. Where is the G29 plugged into. USB 3.0 or 2.0? If 3.0, then switch to 2.0 if possible.
Here are some other tips: http://www.edracing.com/edr/Logitech_G29.php

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
@Cluck try using the following app irFFB you can find it in the forums. You may need to adjust to your liking but I have min force at 0 and max force 55 but that is car dependent. Suspension bumps between 5 & 10 Suspension load around 40, SOP between 0 % 10. The FFB you can experiment with I use the 720hz one. Please note that I do have a Thrustmaster T500 so the above settings will differ to your G29. Also remember your wheel app settings should be setup pretty much the same as they say somewhere in the irFFB thread. I am sure this will bring your wheel far more alive as it has done wonders for me. The feedback has improved so much I catch slides where previously were not possible. The app translates to far better feedback than the standard iRacing FFB. I hope this helps you. Oh btw the Increased longitudinal part I leave off it puts some weird bumpiness into my wheel when I brake and also bumps when least expected. The other tick boxes I have ticked all, nice thing about it if you set a car up then it will load that car with your settings while another type of car it will load it up with the settings you previously setup. Every new car needs to be setup individually.

Corbs

Community Member
Reaction score
irffb adds input lag. I use a G29 as well so i'll take a screenshot off my settings later for you to try if you'd like.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
irffb adds input lag. I use a G29 as well so i'll take a screenshot off my settings later for you to try if you'd like.
If you could, that would be great, cheers.

The thing is, there are forces there, it's not like there's no force feedback, it's just that it's a bit, well, numb. And braking is the worst part of it. At the moment it's more a case of "this doesn't make any sense to me" than anything else.

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If you could, that would be great, cheers.

The thing is, there are forces there, it's not like there's no force feedback, it's just that it's a bit, well, numb. And braking is the worst part of it. At the moment it's more a case of "this doesn't make any sense to me" than anything else.
Well, I guess after another video of <all iRacing cars around Bathurst> you'll sure get along with it :D
(joking)

Corbs

Community Member
Reaction score
@Cluck here you go. The force i change by going with what the auto adjuster gives then adjust up or down if needed.
upload_2018-2-3_23-33-31.png

You can change in car using the black box (f9) here by either clicking to get the auto suggestion, or going up or down.
upload_2018-2-3_23-38-39.png

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score

I believe the 360hz interpolated and 720 adds a small miniscule delay. iRFFB runs in parallel so its not going to add input lag on the wheel. 60hz direct and the other 360hz are fine.

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We have our first team!

@Cluck and @grobi0815 will start as RevolutionSimRacing #3 - AMG GT3

@Dutchtastic, can you help us with the livery, and maybe with the setup? I have a setup tweaked by myself, but maybe u have some tips for us.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think I can do something for the livery @grobi0815
If you got some ideas, just pm them and I'll see what's possible.

As for the setup, I'm not great at them. And I'm definatly not a fan of the Mercedes :D

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Here comes the second
me, @CaptCRASH , and @Cockroach will keep the RSR tradition of #6X number, field the #68 488 GT3

Got the livery half-done today, and drove a few laps with Dutch's setup. Feels like iRacing's Bathurst has higher curbs than the one in Pcars, once you get on it, the car hops and you barely can save it. I guess more practice is pre-ordered for me :D

We will be running the Sunday 0100GMT race as 2 team members live in GMT+8 zone

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Changing the tyre force setting, and using the setup grobi sent me, I do at least have a better feel for braking now (it's nowhere near as vague as it was before). I still feel like I'm dancing on ice though, with almost zero confidence that the car is going to go where I tell it to go but that's just a matter of adjusting to the totally different style of feedback I'm getting through the wheel and headphones.

Of more concern, to me, is not being able to get out of the low-to-mid 2m08 mark on a full tank. That's just rubbish.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, that's my pairing up with grobi now out. Despite getting into the 2m04 laps tonight (and could have started comfortably doing mid-2m04 laps with a couple more hours practice), my Rift is still playing up. I've re-disabled all USB power management, moved the Rift headset and sensor to a powered USB 3.0 hub all to no avail, it keeps hanging. I absolutely cannot risk having that happen mid-race on Saturday - it wouldn't be fair to grobi for one thing, let alone anybody else on track caught up in the inevitable carnage.

As such, car #3 is withdrawing from the race :(

I can only apologise to @grobi0815 , I know how much he wanted to do this race (and, after tonight's brief practice, I was getting properly in the mood for doing the race too) :(

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, that's my pairing up with grobi now out. Despite getting into the 2m04 laps tonight (and could have started comfortably doing mid-2m04 laps with a couple more hours practice), my Rift is still playing up. I've re-disabled all USB power management, moved the Rift headset and sensor to a powered USB 3.0 hub all to no avail, it keeps hanging. I absolutely cannot risk having that happen mid-race on Saturday - it wouldn't be fair to grobi for one thing, let alone anybody else on track caught up in the inevitable carnage.

As such, car #3 is withdrawing from the race :(

I can only apologise to @grobi0815 , I know how much he wanted to do this race (and, after tonight's brief practice, I was getting properly in the mood for doing the race too) :(
You don't have to apologise. Shit happens and this time it hit us right in the face (figuratively). I was really looking forward to do this with you!!!

Good news is (if I can call it that way), that @Vernux can jump in last minute for you with just one day of practice and that the team #3 will still race. Sadly without the :chicken: :arghh::arghh::arghh:

Last edited:

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You don't have to apologise. Shit happens and this time it hit us right in the face (figuratively). I was really looking forward to do this with you!!!

Good news is (if I can call it that way), that @Vernux can jump in last minute for you with just one day of practice and that the team #3 will still race. Sadly without the :chicken: :arghh::arghh::arghh:
o_Oyou are pulling out? C'mon
BTW are we going to have a photo session sometime? Got #68 car's livery finished

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
o_Oyou are pulling out? C'mon
BTW are we going to have a photo session sometime? Got #68 car's livery finished
Not me, but Cluck has to, because he is getting a blackout almost every hour in his Rift. Team #3 is still alive, but truly sad.

Users who are viewing this thread