iRacing 12h Bathurst - 10th February 2018 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
o_Oyou are pulling out? C'mon
BTW are we going to have a photo session sometime? Got #68 car's livery finished
Aye, it's me that's having to pull out, not grobi. I can't risk it with my Rift crashing at random like it is. It can go 3 days without a hiccup or will crash multiple times in an evening. Something in my system is causing a problem and I just don't have the time now to say "I've fixed it, 100%, guaranteed", not without putting grobi's chance of racing in jeopardy. I can't imagine the chaos that could have been caused if my Rift reset heading towards, say, turn 2, surrounded by traffic.

I'm going to do a system re-install this weekend because I honestly don't know what else to try (and believe me, I've tried a lot of things so far). The problem cropped up, out of the blue, in January and has been a nuisance ever since. It worked perfectly for Sunday's race at Dubai but crashed twice during the induction sessions on Tuesday. That's how frustrating it is.

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Aye, it's me that's having to pull out, not grobi. I can't risk it with my Rift crashing at random like it is. It can go 3 days without a hiccup or will crash multiple times in an evening. Something in my system is causing a problem and I just don't have the time now to say "I've fixed it, 100%, guaranteed", not without putting grobi's chance of racing in jeopardy. I can't imagine the chaos that could have been caused if my Rift reset heading towards, say, turn 2, surrounded by traffic.

I'm going to do a system re-install this weekend because I honestly don't know what else to try (and believe me, I've tried a lot of things so far). The problem cropped up, out of the blue, in January and has been a nuisance ever since. It worked perfectly for Sunday's race at Dubai but crashed twice during the induction sessions on Tuesday. That's how frustrating it is.
It might not be problem on your side as iRacing is acting very glitchy since new year, feels bad for you, one thing you won't want to see most is hardware issue making you have to pull out of sim racing :(

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Nope it's not iRacing. I've had the problem with pCARS2 since the middle of January - and that's the only game I've been playing that uses my Rift.

It's 99.9% certain to be a USB problem but it's a case of ironing out what's changed (software wise) on my system since the beginning of January. There's no new hardware and no changing of cables anywhere (except today when I disconnected the Rift from the mainboard USB and tested on a powered USB hub, with no change in reliability).

My job is troubleshooting this kind of thing and, believe me, I'm not going to rest until it's sorted. But, given that it can work for days at a time without glitching, I won't know if any of the things I do have worked until it's worked for at least 4 days without a glitch. It's not fair on grobi or the other people racing if I go into that race with a potential problem that is likely to cause a massive accident (and when I say problem, I don't mean my driving :p )

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@1185323118, have you done some qually laps yet and what is your rating (if you are the captain)?

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@1185323118, have you done some qually laps yet and what is your rating (if you are the captain)?
No,
my iRating is currently 1600, still trying to raise it a bit by doing Skip Barber (I didn't buy tracks for higher class races this week)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's 99.9% certain to be a USB problem but it's a case of ironing out what's changed (software wise) on my system since the beginning of January. There's no new hardware and no changing of cables anywhere (except today when I disconnected the Rift from the mainboard USB and tested on a powered USB hub, with no change in reliability).
you're still on a DK2 Cluck right? Maybe it’s showing signs of age?

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
No,
my iRating is currently 1600, still trying to raise it a bit by doing Skip Barber (I didn't buy tracks for higher class races this week)
mine is 1766. Maybe we will end up in the same split

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
mine is 1766. Maybe we will end up in the same split
We will do the 0100GMT race as 2 team members live in GMT+8 zone XD
BTW should we find a empty server and do a photo session this evening?

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Cluck, you will be with us!

Thx again @Dutchtastic for your help!

chicken.jpg

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My pleasure @grobi0815 just survive and make RSR proud ;)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
well, my Rift is no better this evening so I guess I'll be wiping my system this weekend :(

Anyhoo, just to say, it's done me a favour. I'm coming down with something and currently have a throat full of razorblades (figuratively speaking) so I would most likely have had to skip the race anyway :eek:

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
well, my Rift is no better this evening so I guess I'll be wiping my system this weekend :(

Anyhoo, just to say, it's done me a favour. I'm coming down with something and currently have a throat full of razorblades (figuratively speaking) so I would most likely have had to skip the race anyway :eek:
get well soon mate

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Goodluck to the teams running the Bathurst 12 hours.
Enjoy the scenery on top of the mountain before you dip down it again and stay away from those walls ;)

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can someone change the channels in TS for the 2 teams?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You know something messed up when you only see sky going down the mountain

Naamloos.png

m4nu

Head of RSR