iRacing 12h Sebring - 10th March 2018 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Lets do some practice over the week :)

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
can someone tell me, why the setup sync site is not working anymore?

Corbs

Community Member
Reaction score
he has had issues with his internet provider recently

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i will open up a lobby in about an hour. name is RevolutionSimRacing. password the usual practice server one. i will be on TS. duration about 4 hours.

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i will open up a lobby in about an hour. name is RevolutionSimRacing. password the usual practice server one. i will be on TS. duration about 4 hours.
correction: it's now RevolutionSimRacing2. The first one has wrong settings

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Good luck to all racing at the weekend, hope you have a clean and rewarding race :)

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
I have to withdraw due to 2 things firstly I have a very bad case of bronchitis which started on Tuesday and has prevented me from any practice and secondly I still do not have a team mate, the first being the one that has put me down for the last 3 days

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have no more teammate as well :O Puffi withdrawed as well :(

Nismo

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have no more teammate as well :O Puffi withdrawed as well :(
Feel free to join in Manu, if you wanna drive in a ferrari gte with 1.2k irating :p

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Had managed a 8th place last night but knew was going to be pushed down. Back to Qualifying again haha. Good luck to those of you racing tomorrow.:stig:

Capture1.PNG

Vernux

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sadly i crashed the car due to a spining car in turn 1. Couldnt do anything :(. After 13min repair we continued. Later we got pit bug which dropped us down 2 more laps ish. Andddddd more crash. I wanted to finish the race but we got f*cked again. Never ever in 1.8k split again. Anyway im proud of the guys @t0daY @grobi0815 .

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Kinda forgot to update here but Geodesic took some very good finishes across the board. We fielded I believe 9 cars and all had a chance to win. Sadly some of the other car got hit with the server disconnects and or memory crashes/bugs from the replay. Our Corvette DP won Split 2 overall. We were in there with them in Split 2 as well in GTE along with the sister GTE car. I started P2 and we were neck and neck with P1&P3 for about 4 hours. After that we took the lead and held the lead all of the race until the last 15 laps.

Thanks to iRacing cancelling the second scheduled race they also inadvertently closed the first race session. So my team-mates weren't able to log in to help spectate and do strategy for the end as P2 was coming to us at a rate of about half second per lap. We made a bad pit call for our splash and dash and decided not to take tires to try and stay ahead of them but that really cost us P1 in the end as the tires were just gone plus issues with traffic wiped our 7s lead in an instant. I was by myself racing for the last 2.5 hours. Needless to say I was pretty disappointed we lost P1 because of an external issue not related to the race. As at that point it was our race to lose and I would loved to have double wins in Split 2 for the team. But there's nothing more we could have done and as the saying goes "When in doubt always take tires". I will remember that for next time. The sister GTE car gained 11 places in the race and they finished respectably in 5th place. Had they qualified well they could have had a podium.

As for the others they were all within Top10/15 but my hat goes off to @ramiboo and @Yorkie_065 with Tyson aka Quirktized from Twitch. They were one of the ones plagued with the replay bug and they went from Top 3 to P16 because of it only to climb back and on the last lap Tyson made an awesome pass in the last corner for 3rd place. Great to see that from them after being hit with that bug and just through sheer adversity climb back up and get to where they needed to be. They definitely could have won the race but I think this was a memorable race for them.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Kinda forgot to update here but Geodesic took some very good finishes across the board. We fielded I believe 9 cars and all had a chance to win. Sadly some of the other car got hit with the server disconnects and or memory crashes/bugs from the replay. Our Corvette DP won Split 2 overall. We were in there with them in Split 2 as well in GTE along with the sister GTE car. I started P2 and we were neck and neck with P1&P3 for about 4 hours. After that we took the lead and held the lead all of the race until the last 15 laps.

Thanks to iRacing cancelling the second scheduled race they also inadvertently closed the first race session. So my team-mates weren't able to log in to help spectate and do strategy for the end as P2 was coming to us at a rate of about half second per lap. We made a bad pit call for our splash and dash and decided not to take tires to try and stay ahead of them but that really cost us P1 in the end as the tires were just gone plus issues with traffic wiped our 7s lead in an instant. I was by myself racing for the last 2.5 hours. Needless to say I was pretty disappointed we lost P1 because of an external issue not related to the race. As at that point it was our race to lose and I would loved to have double wins in Split 2 for the team. But there's nothing more we could have done and as the saying goes "When in doubt always take tires". I will remember that for next time. The sister GTE car gained 11 places in the race and they finished respectably in 5th place. Had they qualified well they could have had a podium.

As for the others they were all within Top10/15 but my hat goes off to @ramiboo and @Yorkie_065 with Tyson aka Quirktized from Twitch. They were one of the ones plagued with the replay bug and they went from Top 3 to P16 because of it only to climb back and on the last lap Tyson made an awesome pass in the last corner for 3rd place. Great to see that from them after being hit with that bug and just through sheer adversity climb back up and get to where they needed to be. They definitely could have won the race but I think this was a memorable race for them.

Thanks for the kind words @falcon2081 :)

We had also a DC and the driver swap bug (if anyone is interested about the RSR cars anyway)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Always interested in how RSR does but I see Vernux posted your race recap while I was typing. Shame to see what happened.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Well done to all in what was a bit of a S*** Show, probably the worst endurance race from a system stability point that I've had personal experience of.

I think it was a hard event for us all, We also got hit with the pit bug issue. We were running in the front pack P2-P5, but the bug ended up putting up 5 laps down so best we could manage in that situation was P10.

Congratulations for all the drivers on there hard work and results.

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
Whats these bugs you guys talking about?

Corbs

Community Member
Reaction score
game would crash as you got out of the car during a pit stop, and it then wouldnt let the next person get in, took maybe 3 or 4 mins before the next person could get in, by which time you've lost at least 2 laps

Users who are viewing this thread