iRacing 12h Sebring - 11th March 2017 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
12h-sebring.png

The 12 Hours of Sebring is a 12-hour endurance race held at Sebring International Raceway, also in Florida. It is the second round of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.

Date: 11th March 2017
Time: Saturday 13:00 GMT or Sunday 01:00 GMT
Cars: Corvette C7 DP, Audi R8 LMS GT3, Mercedes AMG GT3, BMW Z4 GT3
Ingame Time: Afternoon
License: Minimum C-license required to participate (D4.0 and higher)

Provisional Teams
Audi R8 LMS - @t0daY + @falcon2081
Audi R8 LMS - @Yorkie_065 + @Puffpirat
Audi R8 LMS - @Corbs + @Alex du Plessis
Audi R8 LMS - @Mr Beas + @OBigO
Mercedes AMG GT3 - @Bassetts + @2scoops

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Who would be slightly interested? :p

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Depends on Bathurst. Wife's been really supportive of the daytona 24hrs but with bathurst tentatively on the weekend before I think i would be pushing it, but would like to try one or the other :)

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wasting no time eh :p just have to check if and how long I'm planned for the test trip in march.

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
Also,,, Will start thinking on a livery design :artist: :D

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
:stig: That is all....

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
It goes without saying, YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

I've never driven Sebring, plenty of time to practice and get it right I suppose :D

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If I'm able to get the funds for my new PC on time (and a headset so people can hear me), I would love to join a team dispite the fact I've never done a lap around Sebring. But I'll know more in the beginning of March

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Done this last year with a diffrent team really enjoyed it love to do it again...

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
No moonlighting this time Jonno :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
Been doing a bit of practice this afternoon, fastest so far is a 2:02.2xx with relatively consistent pace at an 02.4/02.5's. That was in the merc, taking the setup used at Daytona but with +4 wing. Just need to find the right sweet spot with the tyre pressures but the merc feels good around here with the Daytona setup, takes the bumps pretty well.

F1-Masa

Community Member
Reaction score
Been doing a bit of practice this afternoon, fastest so far is a 2:02.2xx with relatively consistent pace at an 02.4/02.5's. That was in the merc, taking the setup used at Daytona but with +4 wing. Just need to find the right sweet spot with the tyre pressures but the merc feels good around here with the Daytona setup, takes the bumps pretty well.
i say merc is best something +1 - +3wing

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
i say merc is best something +1 - +3wing

Yeah, I tried +3 wing and it still felt very good, if not slightly better. Thinking +2 might work nicely and will probably try that next time.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Had some spare time this afternoon so decided to do some laps at Sebring. Never driven the place before, used the AMG, i'm presuming this is what we will be using, with the Daytona setup but with +4 wing. Best was a 2.03.785. Didn't try +3 or +2.

I've no idea how to take the last and first corners, I tried something different each time and none of them felt right, so some tips would be really appreciated. :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Had some spare time this afternoon so decided to do some laps at Sebring. Never driven the place before, used the AMG, i'm presuming this is what we will be using, with the Daytona setup but with +4 wing. Best was a 2.03.785. Didn't try +3 or +2.

I've no idea how to take the last and first corners, I tried something different each time and none of them felt right, so some tips would be really appreciated. :)

Falcon and myself will run the DP :)

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
I will try my best to participate, but again, I cannot promise anything...

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Only 2 of you Manu hmm I thought at least 3 would be a good choice or am I just misreading into something I don't know??

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
Only 2 of you Manu hmm I thought at least 3 would be a good choice or am I just misreading into something I don't know??

It being only 12 hours. 2 or 3 people is the ideal choices depending on how much people want to drive.

As for cars, haven't tried the DP around here, but thinking that or the Merc.

As for T1 and the final turn, it's hard to put into words. T1, the barrier straightens out after gently moving to the left, at that point, on the outside there is a telegraph pole that I use. That is for me both a turn in and braking point, where I swing the car in with a nice arc in towards the inside turn. On the inside fence is an orange cone which is my apex, clipping that you can accelerate out and continue the sweeping arc through the corner. Take it in third, and be gentle on the brakes going in, basically let the car coast through the corner and let the aero do the work.

Final turn is more difficult to describe as I'm still not 100% sure of the line. I generally stay tighter, 2nd gear through the apex under the bridge and after the major bump half way through, you can feed the power back in. Obviously as the laps go on, you need to be more careful as the tyres are more willing to give up on you as you ride the bumps through the exit, but generally I tend to hang it relatively tight and again try and keep a relatively smooth-ish arc through the corner. Might try and record a video at some point as that will work a lot better than me failing to explain it :p

Users who are viewing this thread