iRacing 12h Sebring - 11th March 2017 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
From what I read on the forums the other day, I believe it doesn't matter who qualifies. It just takes the fastest time of the drivers present at the beginning of the race session. So if you're both there, it should apply Bassetts quali time. What car numbers we going with by the way?

Good question. I would say you got with 65 again.

Falcon and I with 64.
Bassetts and 2scoops 66
Oki and Corbs 67
OBigO and Mr Bease 68

Would that be okay??

Example: "RevolutionSimRacing #65"

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score

Falcon and I with 64.
Bassetts and 2scoops 66
Oki and Corbs 67
OBigO and Mr Bease 68

Would that be okay??

Not a problem by me we can go that route again

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
From what I read on the forums the other day, I believe it doesn't matter who qualifies. It just takes the fastest time of the drivers present at the beginning of the race session. So if you're both there, it should apply Bassetts quali time. What car numbers we going with by the way?

Thanks @Yorkie_065 :)

We could just do it the same way we did last time.

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score

Falcon and I with 64.
Bassetts and 2scoops 66
Oki and Corbs 67
OBigO and Mr Bease 68

Would that be okay??

Example: "RevolutionSimRacing #65"

I'd prefer to keep the #65 car tied to the Merc so me and Puffy would have a new number. Perhaps #69?

Giggidy!

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Can't we change car selection?

Already have RevolutionSimRacing "66

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'd prefer to keep the #65 car tied to the Merc so me and Puffy would have a new number. Perhaps #69?

Giggidy!

Lol the teams are not car related. I do not want to have hundred of teams. I would prefer if people who already have created a team (Daytona 24H) stick to that.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I would be absolutely sure about the qualifying. Because I remember our first Daytona race Lopez qualified the car but could not register the day of the race. So I had to register the car and we started mid field because it used my qualifying time instead of his. So i believe whoever qualifies the car has to register the team the day of the race. After that any driver can start.

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
I would be absolutely sure about the qualifying. Because I remember our first Daytona race Lopez qualified the car but could not register the day of the race. So I had to register the car and we started mid field because it used my qualifying time instead of his. So i believe whoever qualifies the car has to register the team the day of the race. After that any driver can start.

Was he present in-game at the start of the race session?

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Yorkie_065 yeah he was. He just couldn't register at the time.

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok then when do we actually register the Team on the day of the race or can we do this before hand like this evening. Hopefully someone will be able to help me with this tonight as I will be registering the team for the race as my iRating is higher than Corbs's and we can get into a higher split that way, we wanted Corbs to do the quali and I register the team. This is all to confussting at the moment :eek::D Create team, qualify, register for race I assume but who does what:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Another thing just a query regarding the Paint jobs is @Yorkie_065 going to put the names on the cars for each team and is he going to post it somewhere for us to download?? OR have I missed something along the way

Last edited:

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I've done it once and i'm still confused :D

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
No idea then Falcon, and yeah, iRacing doesn't exactly make it clear...

As for paint jobs. If I can have the full names and countries of each driver in their car. And then the colour that you want to run with for the Audi, I can fix up the liveries.

Miguel Vigo (Falcon) and Manuel Durr (Manu) - Audi - Confirmed colour
Matt York (Yorkie) and Christian SteinhauBer (Puffi) - Audi - Yellow
(Bassetts) and (2scoops) 66 - AMG
(Oki) and (Corbs) 67 - Audi - Confirmed colour
(OBigO) and Luke Beasor (Mr Bease) 68 - Audi - Confirmed colour

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I would follow doing it this way for now until I get clearer instructions.

-Create RSR Team
-Make sure both members are "admins" in case someone can't register when the time comes.
-Highly advise that both people put in a qualifying time in case something happens and the original member who qualified can't register. That way you don't start at the back of the field with no Qual time.
-Whoever has the highest iRating should register the car at the time of the race provided said person also put in a Qual time. You don't need to start the race just only for registering the car with your Qual time.

*Follow these guidelines for now but expect this to change.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
No idea then Falcon, and yeah, iRacing doesn't exactly make it clear...

As for paint jobs. If I can have the full names and countries of each driver in their car. And then the colour that you want to run with for the Audi, I can fix up the liveries.

Miguel Vigo (Falcon) and Manuel Durr (Manu) - Audi - Confirmed colour
Matt York (Yorkie) and Christian SteinhauBer (Puffi) - Audi - Yellow
(Bassetts) and (2scoops) 66 - AMG
(Oki) and (Corbs) 67 - Audi - Confirmed colour
(OBigO) and Luke Beasor (Mr Bease) 68 - Audi - Confirmed colour

It's "Manuel Duerr" ;)

I would follow doing it this way for now until I get clearer instructions.

-Create RSR Team
-Make sure both members are "admins" in case someone can't register when the time comes.
-Highly advise that both people put in a qualifying time in case something happens and the original member who qualified can't register. That way you don't start at the back of the field with no Qual time.
-Whoever has the highest iRating should register the car at the time of the race provided said person also put in a Qual time. You don't need to start the race just only for registering the car with your Qual time.

*Follow these guidelines for now but expect this to change.

We have already enough teams @falcon2081. Please do not confuse people now... Let me handle that please tonight / tomorrow morning.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
I'll be on from around 19:30 UTC tonight, won't be around tomorrow morning until close to race time.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing so many live RSR streams during the race. I'll be tuning in and hopefully will be popping into TS to see how you guys are getting on. Good luck to you all.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Alright guys I got confirmation. Whoever qualifies the car MUST be the one who has to register the team before the race starts. If he doesn't and another team member registers the car the qualifying time won't count.

PS: We got released from work early so I'm driving home. Will be around 19 UTC or so. Will need someone to bring me up to speed with the setup. Gonna do some practice runs too.

Users who are viewing this thread