Project CARS 2 12th Oct 2017: Brickyard Sprint Supreme (1 Viewer)

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Banner - Brickyard Sprint Supreme.png

>> No Sign Up required, just show up for the Driver Briefing! <<
Open to: Orange
& Green
Badged Members​
Information about ranks and how to obtain them can be found here

Class: Formula C
Track: Indianapolis GP
wished by @t0daY

Date: Thursday, 12th October 2017
17:30 UTC - Optional Practice
18:30 UTC - Driver Briefing
18:40 UTC - Qualifying
18:50 UTC - Race 1
19:10 UTC - Race 2

Race 1
Date: 12th July 2017
Time Progression: Real Time
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Qualifying Duration: 20 minutes
Qualifying Start Time: 12:00

Qualifying Weather Forecast: Clear

Race Time: 20 minutes
Race Start Time: 13:00
Race Weather Forecast: Clear > Hazy

Race 2
Date: 12th July 2017
Time Progression: Real Time
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Qualifying: Reverse Top 10 of R1 Result

Race Time: 40 minutes
Race Start Time: 17:00
Race Weather Forecast: Heavy Cloud > Light Cloud

Realism Settings
Force Realistic Driving Aids:
Yes
Force Manual Pitstops: Yes
Tire Wear: Authentic
Fuel Depletion: Yes

Track Limit Penalties: On
Allowable Time Penalty: 30 seconds
Drive-Through Penalties: On
Pit Exit Penalty: Off

Starting Procedure: Standing Start, when the in-game lights turn green the race starts - stay alert and look out for slow starters.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Results

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
so...if i do my induction next Tuesday, and i don't mess things up and i have a orange badge to myself, i am able to participate on this one as long as i am around at 18h30 UTC / 19h30 BST correct? :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
so...if i do my induction next Tuesday, and i don't mess things up and i have a orange badge to myself, i am able to participate on this one as long as i am around at 18h30 UTC / 19h30 BST correct? :)

Correct :)

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Open wheelers and a track I am not familiar with... double-nope. But have fun everyone!

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Shepard both car and track are pretty easy to pick up, as the 2014 Indycar GP layout is used which isn't the most difficult track

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
@The Wayfaerer I might give it a try this week, but my inner voice keeps telling me "this is not for you...".

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Down for this one.

I'm guessing Race 2's start procedure will be different?

As I guess we can't do a standing with a reversed grid on the in game light system?

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So turns out the car is quite a handful in those weather conditions while it's ok in TT for example. I checked with Manu and we will change the weather to something more suited. The race with open wheelers will be hard enough ;) Manu will post something official tomorrow :)

If you struggle with the setup, there are times from @Cluck , @SBart_uk and me on the leaderboard. You can grab the setup there and use it as a baseline :) Radiator needs to be upped obviously and fuel usage is about 1l/min.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My setup was 100% standard IIRC. I only had a quick play to see what the combo was like as I'm not sure I'll take part in the race (I'm really not a fan of the circuit at all :( )

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
My setup was 100% standard IIRC. I only had a quick play to see what the combo was like as I'm not sure I'll take part in the race (I'm really not a fan of the circuit at all :( )

I used your ghost as a benchmark and there's loads of time left for you to find, as you were off the racing line for some of your lap. I still couldn't keep up though, as you carry so much speed into the corners! I need to learn to be much more aggressive with these cars.

I also feel the same as you about the track, but I'm still planning on racing as I need the experience.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Shocked at how bad this combo feels - the track has no feedback / bite at all with Formula C its like driving on glass.

Corners 5/6 there is literally nothing coming through the wheel as the car loses grip.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Shocked at how bad this combo feels - the track has no feedback / bite at all with Formula C its like driving on glass.

Corners 5/6 there is literally nothing coming through the wheel as the car loses grip.

Try out July instead of October. The date will be corrected tonight :)

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
Ah, beautiful! I was practising using October as the date so that change should definitely help.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Try out July instead of October. The date will be corrected tonight :)
Thanks Manu - its better than before but a open wheeler should not feel so mushy. Definitely a car that has taken steps back imo compared to PC1. (not trying to be negative - plenty of cars are a joy to drive on other tracks but this combo just does not feel right still).

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What lap times is everyone doing? Im not actually racing for this event but just curious to know having done some practice to help others..

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks Manu - its better than before but a open wheeler should not feel so mushy. Definitely a car that has taken steps back imo compared to PC1. (not trying to be negative - plenty of cars are a joy to drive on other tracks but this combo just does not feel right still).

The FC feels that bad because of the ambient/track temps. The tires are not working on those low temperatures. We need to be even more sensible now when do we drive what :dead:

If you go into July, it is a blast. The new FC from pC2 is a mix of the old Formula C and the Formula Gulf. It is very hard to compare both of it.

Users who are viewing this thread