Project CARS 2 12th Oct 2017: Brickyard Sprint Supreme (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great, I worked out a setup at the weekend because I won't have much time between now and Thursday and now i've got to do it all again. I don't see what was wrong with the original settings, you just need to work it out not change them with 2 days to go because it's a little tricky. So theres no point working on a setup before Wednesdays in future just in case it all changes then.

There is a known bug with the FC tires (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52810-KNOWN-ISSUE-Formula-C-FUBAR). After @Puffpirat mentioned the heating problem we did some research and found it.

I am also pretty sure that ur setup won't be crap in the July conditions.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm terribly sorry I actually wanted to help the community :(

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
What downforce are you using?

I'm slower in July than I was in October at the moment :(

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You maybe made the car too understeery to compensate for the loose rear end. Sorry I didn't know you were this far already. I'm using 0/2 DF, you can grab my setup in TT :)

Summer should be at least 2s quicker than October.

Still I hope this change makes for a better race for all of us. If you need some help or anything just give me a shout.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Thankyou Puffi, i'm struggling with PC2 tyre temps and putting too much Toe in to try and make it work.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be a pain, but how do I look at the setup, it brings up a send friends request and a couple of other things, but nothing about the setup.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You load the ghost time trial time and enter the time trial mode. Then u will be at a menu where u can save and load the setup from the ghost.

For my taste it is very sh** to "steal" setups from anyone but on the other hand it makes it easy for us in RSR to share them quickly :)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Go into TT and click on add ghost. Then select who ever you like, you can also load more than one ghost at a time.

Then start TT and you will see a gear wheel (I think) behind my name and time. There you can load my setup and safe it to yours :)

Ninja'd by the RSR overlord ;)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Got it now :D

I have never been so far off of your time Puffi, I must be using the wrong gear in places.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@2scoops It doesn't matter if you have df or not the car does not really reach the speed around this track to benefit from having df all you are doing is adding more drag to the car.. Try using some front rake to settle the rear stiffen dampners and arb's.. If you want you can have my setup im nearly in to the 30s with it.. But that is more of not knowing the track once iv learnt the track ill have a better time lol...

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Got it now :D

I have never been so far off of your time Puffi, I must be using the wrong gear in places.
What lap times are you doing?

As Jonno says adding some more rake helps, you can also try stiffening the rear of the car. Im finding a little throttle through corners is just helping to settle the rear. The car also seems to run out of power at top revs so maybe worth shifting up the gears a little earlier. 2nd gear can be used for most of the last complex.

I will be around after induction if u need any help.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Is there some kind of bug abusing in game by now? i see ppl more than 10 seconds faster than chicken cluck and puff in leaderboards, also why isn't the F1 layout with the banked curve in game? :(

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I'm doing low 31's in race trim at the moment. It's the first time i've raced the track.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i think you didn't choose same class on the leaderboards, that would explain the big gap
The F1 GP layout doesn't exist in this form anymore and as pCars 2 has the official Indycar license they took the current Indycar GP layout

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Is there some kind of bug abusing in game by now? i see ppl more than 10 seconds faster than chicken cluck and puff in leaderboards, also why isn't the F1 layout with the banked curve in game? :(
My bad, i just checked online leaderboards and i think i misread the in-game one :confused:

thedarkjack

Community Member
Reaction score
I might show up for this if I manage to be less than 5s off the pace in TT.

"Qualifying: Reverse Top 10 of R1 Result"

oh god let's hope I don't get 10th in the first race, me leading leads to disaster for fast people
I'm still sorry puff :(

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
oh god let's hope I don't get 10th in the first race, me leading leads to disaster for fast people
I'm still sorry puff :(
no worries mate :) it wasn't intentional, nothing a good beer can't sooth :D

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh yes I'm trying to take part!

Starting Procedure: Standing Start, when the race director calls "Red... Red... Red... Green" the race starts - stay alert and look out for slow starters.

Yesterday during the Induction event it has been said that we are using the ingame starting procedure and it's not necessary anymore to do it manually through TS. What are we doing finally? :)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh yes I'm trying to take part!

Yesterday during the Induction event it has been said that we are using the ingame starting procedure and it's not necessary anymore to do it manually through TS. What are we doing finally? :)
I believe it is the Starting lights with Pcars2. its likely the rules haven't been updated yet. @FlyingKman can you confirm this?!

Users who are viewing this thread