13th Aug 2017 - Ginetta Junior Cup (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
I'll be doing a bit of practice tomorrow after work @FuBii . Happy to host a session then if it helps at all. Probably around 17:30 uk time.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Unfortunately I'll be picking up a bit of kit for work some place in England, wont get back till late Wednesday but thanks for the notice!

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Again like the last race, i have the track, if anyone who doesn't have it wants to practice just leave me a message on Steam or so, and i can set a session up for you

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I shall be a no show iv just gave up on pcars. I haave no enthusiasm to play it and would rather not ruin others races.. I shall be back with pcars2 in just over a month...
Have fun guys...

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Thanks to @steveg200 for hosting a session tonight, knew I was bad, didn't expect to be some 17/8s off the pace of the front runners though... Just can't get the car to ride the kerbs well, it'll either take it perfectly or just spin me into the barrier, there is no inbetween. Which makes attacking the track a bit awkward, especially for me when I rely on the sound of the car riding the kerbs/ bumps as my feedback (no vibration in the controller). Give it another go on Friday.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm not going to be able to make this race, sorry :(

@steveg200 asked me to "lay a marker down". Well, it's not very exciting Steve and I'm not sure you'll learn much from it. I set a 10m32 lap on my first go, with a 100% default setup, using lift & shift to change up through the gears and no assists used.

I'm sure that a drop in fuel, a change in camber, lower ride height etc will shave quite a few seconds off that time but it's now late so I 'might' have another go ;)

EDIT : I had another go. 10m28s with a couple of massive (in my world) mistakes, costing nearly 2 seconds. 10m25s and under will be the times to beat.

Last edited:

Reiche

Community Member
Reaction score
I'll try to be in on Sunday. =) Not the worst combo if you've just switched from automatic gearbox :bucktooth: to whatever gearbox is actually in the car. Let's hope a) the missus doesn't have other plans for the weekend and b) I can figure out which connection of my masterclass-soldered USB cable is causing disconnects when slightly pulled. :panda:

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Does this Car need some special shifting technique? I have no clutch but I can try with lifting the trottle a bit.
Going with automatic gearbox won‘t make it better...?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Does this Car need some special shifting technique? I have no clutch but I can try with lifting the trottle a bit.
For changing up a gear, you must lift the throttle. You don't need to lift to change down a gear. Alternatively, you can enable AutoClutch and that will save you having to lift :).

It's the same in the Formula Gulf 1000 by the way, amongst others :)

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
For changing up a gear, you must lift the throttle. You don't need to lift to change down a gear. Alternatively, you can enable AutoClutch and that will save you having to lift :).

It's the same in the Formula Gulf 1000 by the way, amongst others :)

I thought you were not allowed to use autoclutch with H shifter as it gained an advantage.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i think cluck is talking about using paddles or sequential stick with auto clutch, since the Junior has sequential gearbox as far as i know

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Correct @The Wayfaerer , the G40 Junior has a sequential box so you either use paddles or a sequential shift - lifting the throttle on upshifts - to change gear. You can use the h-shifter if you want to but you won't change gear faster and it's actually more awkward :).

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You might find it easier to control the car if you don't downshift to early, I find being slightly later than usual with downshifts works best with this car

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Event has changed from one race with 5 laps to two races with 2 laps each :)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I have to pull out of this event sadly, got work lined up for a local music festival. All the best to those involved & more importantly, hope you all have fun whatever the result.

atmosfearic34

Community Member
Reaction score
Will the game still let me play and join the server if I don't have the track expansion DLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread