13th Aug 2017 - Ginetta Junior Cup (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Surprisingly qualified P8 tonight, then ruined it with mistakes in race 1:(
Had some close racing with SillySausage, Darksi and Alex in R2, and a very close finish with @Alex Salmon :D
20170813162802_1.jpg
01.jpg

Last edited:

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Here is the stream from me and @FlyingKman commentating
Unfortunately my internet wasn't willing to give me my normal upload speed, so the quality isn't as good as it was with my rFactor stream earlier this week
But i still had a blast commenting with Kman and I am definitely willing to do this again
Starting times of Qualy, Race etc. is linked in the video description

Last edited:

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Here is the stream from me and @FlyingKman commentating
Unfortunately my internet wasn't willing to give me my normal upload speed, so the quality isn't as good as it was with my rFactor stream earlier this week
But i still had a blast commenting with Kman and I am definitely willing to do this again
Starting times of Qualy, Race etc. is linked in the video description

Watched the entire stream back without skipping anything. Both of the races were very amazing. I think what this stream showcases is what amazing fair racing RSR has to offer for everyone regardless of skill.

IMO this was one of the best events, well organized! Thanks for @The Wayfaerer and @FlyingKman for steaming. Had a blast!

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
That was an intense one, rewarding but also very stressful to be honest :joyful:
Especially the leading pack in the second race was quite epic. I think that most of the drivers did a great job!

Thanks for the streaming, organization and overall spirit. That's how racing should be ;)

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
That was awesome racing guys,really enjoyed the two races,the side by side racing was great fun and very clean.Big thanks to @FlyingKman and the @The Wayfaerer for the comentry and streaming, and to all the other admins for setting up this event.:)

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That was a great race to watch back, and a great stream by @FlyingKman and the @The Wayfaerer, I have to say my race itself was awful but thats due to lack of practice for this event ( been too busy practicing for other events). Thanks to everyone involved in this.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Most impressed by @The Wayfaerer intimate knowledge of the track to name each corner. The stream reminded me of watching an episode of The Grimm with all those crazy German names they had for the various monsters sounding just like the corners:)

The reverse grid made that start of the race very exciting - Having all the fastest guys right up my backside was scary enough let alone trying to stay on the track!

@steveg200 did a really clean overtake after about a minute of close hard fighting with a bunch of peeps - so bravo!

I knew eventually a fair few would take me so when @Puffpirat knocked me off (not malicious I know it was just a tap but enough to send me into the guard rails) I figured ok I lost 4 places but I would lose those anyway so just carried on without so much pressure on my shoulders.

The racing aspect once the guys were past me went out the window as essentially it was like time trail but had to keep a careful look behind me as those guys were anything from 4-8 seconds away at anyone time.

Still very happy to get 6th with a very safe setup (used @t0daY Sakitto wet setup).

Great fun chaps - thanks to all racers & @The Wayfaerer and @FlyingKman for the stream.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I knew eventually a fair few would take me so when @Puffpirat knocked me off (not malicious I know it was just a tap but enough to send me into the guard rails) I figured ok I lost 4 places but I would lose those anyway so just carried on without so much pressure on my shoulders.
Yeah that was shit, I misjudged the braking point. I would've let you past but you said it was ok :oops: Would probably have been better as a few minutes later I ended pCars 1 with a bang :wtf:

The first lap was good fun nonetheless, cars every where, going 3 wide into most corners, carzy stuff :D See you on the oher side in pc2 :)

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
@Puffpirat - all good mate :) Sorry you went off there.

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@steveg200 did a really clean overtake after about a minute of close hard fighting with a bunch of peeps - so bravo!

That was great side by side racing @SlowBloke but i had to pass you as soon as possible as i had the mighty @Puffpirat breathing down my neck,im just glad you mananged to keep the rest behind you for a while to give me some breathing space.Great racing by all the guys.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Firstly I would like to thank @The Wayfaerer and @FlyingKman for their efforts last night, it was great to watch the replay of the races. @The Wayfaerer your knowledge of nordschleife is incredible!

The Nordschleife is a track i really dont like, therefore i dont drive it alot. Last night was the first races i have done around the circuit but boy...was it fun!

Quali
I decided quite early on that if i couldn't qualify towards the front then i would prefer to start at the back, this was partly strategy based decision but also the lack of experience of the nordschleife meant i didn't want to hinder anyone's race.

Race1
Well what can i say...The first lap was probably 1 of my best ever laps, Started in P18 and ended the lap in P8. I had a really good start and managed to jump atleast 3-4cars. I Managed to pass a few more cars at the start of the nordschleife and managed to get past @SillySausage around the outside of a 90 left hander of S2. i was then hunting down 118 who ended up in the barrier due to a mistake by him, this was my ticket to P8, by the end of the final lap i was overtaken by @SillySausage and finished in P9.
My planned strategy worked out nicely...

Race2
This race i started from P2 and held that position until the first corner of the nordschleife at which point @Battenberg got past me, i tried to hold postion around the outside but he was far too quick. I had several spins on lap 2 and ended up as a mobile chicaine until things settled down. i Finished in P7 which wasnt too bad but from the front row it was a bad result.

overall it was a great evening racing with a great bunch of guys. I still dont like the track but i certainly wouldnt say no to racing around here again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread