13th Nov 2016 - Supercheap Auto Bathurst 300 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeh...ill be giving this race a miss i cant even get below a 2.13 lap and thats after going 20 odd laps

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Cluck, what is your best lap for this event so far?

That is why I bought T300. I think that time just ran by G27/25. Feeling of driving between G27 and T300 is unmeasurable. I got crazy now and I'm planning to buy shifter, handbreak, playseat evolution and Oculus in next year just to have next level of immersion in Project cars (1 and 2).
I've barely done any practice (3 or 4 laps a couple of weeks ago) but I was putting in 2m05 laps right from the first flying lap. I was still getting used to the difference in the way the car felt outside of timetrial. I'm planning on running a lot more laps before the race starts, primarily to see if I can either keep my tyre wear down a bit or go faster and pull out enough of a gap to allow me to pit for fresh tyres without losing any (or many) places.

To give it some perspective, I did a mid-2m04s lap within the first few laps of the last race we did here (you know, the "oops, wrong button" race ;) ). My quali lap on that event was a fraction under 2m03.7s. I'm not sure I'll be going that quick this time around.

Yeh...ill be giving this race a miss i cant even get below a 2.13 lap and thats after going 20 odd laps
If it helps, here's a lap with telemetry, which I recorded for one of the guys at SMS who was going to be setting their time in the NCS round there. It was my 3rd lap with the combo for some 5 months (also, no idea what was going on with the weird black graphics, they weren't there onscreen when I drove it) and is a low 2m04 lap. It should give you an idea of where to brake (and how hard), where to turn in, how to use the throttle etc. It's far from perfect, but should work as a good guide :).

NB : ABS was accidently enabled for that run but it doesn't change most of the braking points and/or acceleration :)

Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I am just watching your video and just can say that I can't enter corners like that... My front understeers so much, and obviously breaking is not that hard. What can I change is setup of the car?

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So do these cars have abs...

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
So do these cars have abs...

Unfortunately not... I hate cars without it.

(yes - it's because I'm sort of incapable to modulate the pressure effiiciently)

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Unfortunately not... I hate cars without it.

(yes - it's because I'm sort of incapable to modulate the pressure effiiciently)
Well thats a bum deal lol...

Well im deffantly bowing out as i have tried everything even driving like a chicken (@Cluck ) and that was hard let me tell you that for nothing lol...and id rather not race than become a rolling road block lol... So gud luck guys on sunday have a fun race..

Stormin

Community Member
Reaction score
Must say i'm struggling with this one as well, low 2:12s with a car that's unpredictable and hard to drive, no fun whatsoever for me so i'll be joining Jonno in the bar.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am just watching your video and just can say that I can't enter corners like that... My front understeers so much, and obviously breaking is not that hard. What can I change is setup of the car?
The car was running default setup other than the following in-car adjustments :-
Front ARB : 120
Rear ARB : 50
and I also moved brake bias 2 or 3 higher (forward?)

Since that video was a test lap for the NCS final round, there was no point changing the setup at that time.

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Well I'm no setup guru by a long way but with the changes I've made i'm comfortably running low 1:08 with full fuel.
If it helps anyone struggling with this combo (@jonnotheone & @Stormin ) here is a screenshot of my setup.
Ford Falcon Setup.jpg
It's probably nowhere near what somebody who knows what they are doing would do but I tend to just try to make the car safe and easy for me to drive and make sure i finish the race. I'm typically around 2 seconds off the pace compared to our resident aliens anyway in most races.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Well missed the 14:00 UTC race in the iRacing BSS series so had a practice race on default setup, cockpit view and sequential gear stick. Think my racing bathurst in the BSS & Formula 2.0 this season has defiantly helped,

I Managed to do a full race without wrecking the car, which impressed me lol. I did the first stint on softs, and they lasted till about lap 15 when there was nothing left on the right front, however the car was still quite drive-able in my opinion, I moved onto the hard compound just to see what they were like and i did struggle to get the temps into them at night.

Doing 2:10's on the softs and 2:12's so if your slow you can race with me tomorrow :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Iv figured out how to keep the back end from kicking out lol...i may race tonight...

DISCLAMER..!!!!!!!
PLEASE BE AWARE I HAVE A POOLY WHEEL ITS WORKING BUT EVERY NOW AND AGAIN IT TURNS OFF FOR NO REASON..lol

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Iv figured out how to keep the back end from kicking out lol...i may race tonight...

DISCLAMER..!!!!!!!
PLEASE BE AWARE I HAVE A POOLY WHEEL ITS WORKING BUT EVERY NOW AND AGAIN IT TURNS OFF FOR NO REASON..lol

That is not very good if your wheel turns randomly off. No way of fixing it? Because this might be very dangerous especially at Bathurst.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That is not very good if your wheel turns randomly off. No way of fixing it? Because this might be very dangerous especially at Bathurst.
Its a common problem aparently.only way of fixing it is to buy a new wheel its been ok lately im just advising people it may stop working and if it does no one can moan about it as everyone knows...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Its a common problem aparently.only way of fixing it is to buy a new wheel its been ok lately im just advising people it may stop working and if it does no one can moan about it as everyone knows...

Well you are technically telling us all in advance that you might cause a crash because of a stopping wheel. I do understand that you want to race but in my opinion it is especially on Bathurst very dangerous and it could potentially cost some people the race. Do not know exactly what I should think about that if I am honest.

Did you try to reinstall drivers? Different USB port? Maybe we can find the mistake and fix it till tonight.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
jonno - Bathurst is a dangerous circuit at the best of times and I've got to be honest, if you think your wheel is going to fail then you really shouldn't race tonight. Imagine if your wheel fails in the mountain section?

@Members @Admins @Moderators

I'm sorry to say that this applies to anybody that knows their wheel and/or pedals are problematic. Bathurst is NOT a track to race on if you are fairly confident that your wheels and/or pedals are going to fail at some point in the race.

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok to answer manu first..
I have tried all the things you have said even down to taking the thing apart and re soldering all connections.. This is a problem that comes and goes..

Now cluck...
Im not confident my wheel will fail becouse as i said it comes and goes so i cant be sure if it will fail or not. It has been working flawless for the last few days all i wanted to do is advice people it may stop im not saying it will stop working....this is racing after all and problems occure....

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
OK, it's just that the way you worded your original post gave me the impression that you were more or less expecting it to fail. That's my only concern, given the treacherous nature of Bathurst's tight middle-section :). If it's less, rather than more, likely to fail then I have no problem with yourself (or anybody else) racing tonight but I hope you understand why I posted :).

I suppose I ought to do some practice, given that the race is just a few hours away :eek:.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
OK, it's just that the way you worded your original post gave me the impression that you were more or less expecting it to fail. That's my only concern, given the treacherous nature of Bathurst's tight middle-section :). If it's less, rather than more, likely to fail then I have no problem with yourself (or anybody else) racing tonight but I hope you understand why I posted :).

I suppose I ought to do some practice, given that the race is just a few hours away :eek:.
Yeh its cool mate...like i said i may race..probbly turn out i cant as i have a devil child lol...

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The car was running default setup other than the following in-car adjustments :-
Front ARB : 120
Rear ARB : 50
and I also moved brake bias 2 or 3 higher (forward?)

Since that video was a test lap for the NCS final round, there was no point changing the setup at that time.

And I bet you're doing 2m01 with that? I hate you cluck :D I only fiddled around with gearing slight change on tire pressure and was able to do 2m06 for qualifying and 2m07 with full fuel load. I hope I can finish this race without crashing. I find the car a little bit difficult without ABS, but hey......they're beasts right?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
And I bet you're doing 2m01 with that? I hate you cluck :D I only fiddled around with gearing slight change on tire pressure and was able to do 2m06 for qualifying and 2m07 with full fuel load. I hope I can finish this race without crashing. I find the car a little bit difficult without ABS, but hey......they're beasts right?
Nope, I doubt I'll even be doing 2m03 laps with the quali/race conditions that are set :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread