16th Jul 2017 - 2.4H of Le Mans - Crossover with PRD and AOR (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
EDIT: Looking at ShadowPlay footage from my point of view, it was @frankodrose leaving/disconnecting which broke the server for us. Things happen, I know, guess I was just one of the lucky ones to survive. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My race was kind of boring to say the least, after the mass D/C I ended up lonely for the rest of the race, which made me feel bored and it was just a misery to drive from lap ~28 onwards, although I knew I still fight against other lobbies. If @Feanor would be still in my lobby maybe we could have a fight again. Shame that it's a bit late, but I at least learnt something from this event - I never want to go LMP1 again. Too exhausting, everything happening too fast, and I lose concentration after 1h of driving resulting in meeting the barriers in least expected places.

But it's just the game I guess, all I can say is thank you for all the organisers!

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
Was really excited about this event and really wanted to achieve something.. But then you get hit by someone at the start of parade lap (or was it one of pCars1 invisible cars?) it really doesn't motivate.

24 aero. Pit on parade lap, start catching up and overtaking. Felt confident. And then first pit to change tyres makes pcars to start freezing for 5secs every 10 secs. I can still hear sounds, sounds of me hitting the wall, again and again. Retired.

Love this community and i will definitely stay with you, but i'm not going to attend any future pCars1 events. It's just waste of time.

ART Stiggles

Community Member
Reaction score
You don't choose to win at Le MansPCars 1, Le MansPCars 1 chooses you.

Meanwhile, at SMS... "Who is this guy? No, he's not winning. NEXT!" :p

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ahh man. It sounds like this event really went down the pan for alot of you guys.. Dc's and game crashes i feel for you all i really do. Its not nice getting booted from the sim. But a hearty well done to all thoes that managed to beat to boot and finish.. I think its time to call a finish to big events like this on pcars1 but that is just my opinion...

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@SillySausage i fear i was the LMP1 hitting you because i got my DC right after the Dunlop arch passing an GTE car. Once the game crashed i had a massive rumbling on my wheel and just hoped i wasn't hitting anyone. Sry for that but there was nothing i could do at this moment

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I saw 2 guys that disconnected in the first mulsanne chicane, called it out and boom my game disconnected aswell. Wheel rumbled so I assume I parked it in the tire wall.
Unfortunate end to a great looking race.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
@SillySausage i fear i was the LMP1 hitting you because i got my DC right after the Dunlop arch passing an GTE car. Once the game crashed i had a massive rumbling on my wheel and just hoped i wasn't hitting anyone. Sry for that but there was nothing i could do at this moment
No worries mate, nothing either of us could do.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A shame 2 out of 3 lobbies crashed out completely but still here is the Broadcast of Lobby A, which had luckily no issues. The broadcast is far from perfect but I hope you can still enjoy it. Big thank you to @static_energy and @nando for assisting me :)

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just wanted to say that despite the technical issues in lobby c(rap) I had a blast! :) It was my very first sim racing event and it was exactly what I was looking for joining RSR :) It's also nice to ready your experience in the race so I wanted to share mine as well :

Took the pole in the gte class with a 3:56:1 then game crashed just as we were transitioning from quali to race (very thankful to people who agreed to restart the server!). As race started I've been battling for 1st with Ninja_slicee, passing each other every lap and kept it very clean and fair. Unfortunately spinned at around lap 7-8 after locking brakes. Managed to re catch the lead later thank to a good pit strategy and consistent lap times. Had a small gap in front of Ninja when server crashed ending everyone's race... :(

A few of us agreed to restart a 20 lap race to continue the great fun that this race was (such a good spirit fellow lobby c survivors! Thank you). Just as the first race we had an epic battle with Ninja and I managed to break free from him after intense defense moves and setting a sufficient gap in curves so he couldnt catch me in the straights. I was very happy with my pace this time as I lined constistently some 3:58 laps dipping in the 3:57 as fuel load decreased.

So big thanks to the people who organized this event, Ninja_slicee for the awesome battles (I don't know if he's from RSR), and every participants for the sportsmanship! Can't wait for the next one!

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ninja_slicee for the awesome battles (I don't know if he's from RSR),
He's a PRD driver ;)

my video:
Lobby C's race only lasted 56 minutes/0.9 hours, 39% of the race time
and just noticed that seems I jumped the start since I was 0.002 seconds ahead of @Stormin who should have been starting ahead of me when leader is calling green:dead:

Last edited:

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
First off: Congrats to w0rthy, ProjectPD and Battenberg!:stig:

What to say about this event...
It was fun while it lasted and disappointment when it didn't.

And I'm not even talking about the fact that I was leading in lobby B when shit hit the fan.
I wasn't racing to win or even be as fast as I could.

I was on a mission: consistent driving, no major mistakes, 14 lap stints and a two stop strategy with the Toyota LMP1.
And everything was set. Had a stable setup, matching the fuel-numbers (4.7l per lap) was easy and I even had good pace. (For a normal driver... OMG @w0rthy :wideyed:) I could do 3:21 flat in the morning. I might have been able to be a little surprise for the fast normalguys in lobby A.:p

But maybe, could be, what if... it all doesn't matter. 16 laps into the race PCars had enough, DCed more than half of lobby B including me and it was over.:(

So yeah:
It was fun while it lasted and disappointment when it didn't.
:arghh:Bloody:mad:PCars:rage:goddamit:banghead:

On a brighter note:
Thanks for the good response to the liveries I did. It's always nice when your work gets appreciated.
Also making :mad:the grumpy man and :blackalien:the alien laugh was worth the effort.;)

Thanks to everyone organizing and setting up this event for the hard work.
Thanks to all participants for making this such a huge event.
Thanks to everyone in lobby B. Those 15 and a half laps I had were amazing.
And special thanks to @Morvic ! The fight we had in the first stint was fantastic. So many slipstream battles...

Hope to see many of you on Thursday for another round of RSR-goodness:D

Last edited:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My experience of 2.4Hrs LeMans

Practice

Practice went well, setting the car up, managed to get great stability and turn in while having a high top speed. started off doing lap times in the 3:41s but with practice and learning the track i managed to get into the low 3:35s. I spent a lot of my practice with @Alex Salmon and we worked together in improving our setups and our pace. He would beat my lap time and then i would have to go and find more time to regain top spot.
I did a full race simulation to get an understanding of the dusk/night/dawn running and to test strategy, all seemed to go well. I was looking after the tyres very well which gave me a big pace advantage at the end of the stints and this is became useful during the race.

Qualifying
Qualifying being 30 minutes sounded like a long time but time went really fast. I decided to leave the pits after 90 seconds of quali, just to avoid the majority of drivers. I struggled to get a big enough gap to the traffic. My first lap time was a 3:38 which was not a good lap, this was with a slow S3 due to catching a few GTEs. Finally towards the end of Quali i managed to get a good lap in with a time of 3:36.1. this was still not as fast as my testing pace but it again was a lap with traffic but thankfully the traffic was easier to navigate.

Race:
I started the race in P12 4th of the LMP2s. I wasn't nervous before the race but as the race started i was feeling a bit tense. I believe this was because the race was my first endurance race and my first race around the LeMans circuit. during practice i had decided i would do a 3 stopper stopping 12laps in, with night falling for new tyres and night pressures. 2nd stop would consist of day pressures and 3rd stop would be a quick splash and dash with no tyres(dependant on how the race was going).

The race started very well, I managed to jump 2 cars before the Dunlop chicane. I was then hunting down @Col_McCoy for the Lead of LMP2. @ProjectPD managed to get past both of us, the next 2laps was a very close battle between Col_McCoy, Alex Salmon and myself, all within a couple of tenths, 5laps into the race i got a bit greedy with the exit of Virage du karting(2nd left hander of S3) and hit the wall, the result....Damaged suspension but i decided to continue hoping i could make it to the first pitstop, i lost approx 7-8 seconds on that lap, being passed quickly by @AndrexUK who quickly pulled away, I was only able to reach 280 on the straights so had to pit for repairs and plan B.

I rejoined the track well down in P16 with a much quicker car than before i entered the pits, as it was still light i decided i would go for day pressures and manage throughout the night. I set about getting into a rhythm, having 15 seconds of clear track ahead. my fastest lap before night came was a 3:38.6. this wasnt as fast as i was hoping but i build on it as day came. As i made my 2nd stop, again for day pressures i had @AndrexUK behind me by 30seconds, he pitted at the same time and somehow managed to make up the lap time. This then followed by a close fight with andrexUK just behind me, and gaining. the 2nd mulsanne chicane saw andrexUK catching me while i was busy lapping GTEs, i managed to lap 1 GTE before the chicane leaving Andrex to pass it after the chicaine. Later on Andrex managed to get passed and we ended up having a really close fight for 6-7laps, with most of that spend with me less than 0.5s behind him, I seemed to be much better with the Sector 3 and under braking. I had a really good run onto the Mulsanne staight and was in his slipstream while having an LMP1 overtaking both of us on the outside, i was surprisingly quicker than the LMP1 so we approached the first mulsanne chicane 3 wide but we made it through cleanly...thankfully. I backed out of a few moves as i didn't want to risk our positions.

Thankfully this battle was caught by @t0daY on the stream. I hope it was as enjoyable to watch as it was to drive(i certainly enjoyed watching it back) I could have stuck behind Andrex for longer as i struggled to out brake him into the chicanes i decided to put him under pressure and see if he cracked but in fairness he did a dam good job.

Eventually i managed to get a better exit of Virage De Mulsanne and overtook Andrex heading towards the kink before Indy, I then ran wide at Arnage which allowed Andrex to run alongside me heading towards the Porsche curves We were side by side the whole straight with an LMP1 of @tx3Vernux behind with no way past. we went into the corner side by side but i had track position and managed to hold position. Both at the end of our stints Andrex decided to Pit leaving for fuel and tyres, I had 1 more lap of my stint left and with clear track i managed to get a quick final lap and Pitted for a final time for new tyres and fuel. The over cut worked and i rejoined with a 4 second lead over AndrexUK. I managed to pull a 30 second gap by the end of the race. my race pace improved towards the end of the race and able to set 3:36.0. I finished the race with a fastest lap of 3:35.8 and in P10 and rounded out the RSR 1,2,3,4 for LMP2.

It was a really great race and once i found my rhythm, i really enjoyed it. There was some really great and sensible driving out there.
Contrats to @w0rthy for the overall win, @ProjectPD for the LMP2 win(lets face it...know 1 else was going to win with you in the lobby!:)) and finally @Battenberg for the GTE win!

It was great racing with other communities so massive thanks to the admins of RSR, PRD and AOR for teaming up for this race! commiserations to both Lobby B and C for the disconnect issues. bring on the next cross over race!

PS, Apologies this is so long, i wasn't intending to write a book!!:D

Last edited:

static_energy

Community Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed commentating with you guys and watching the race in lobbie A.

Hoping we get some more luck with the next 1 but the turnout was pretty epic. Thanks to everyone for showing up to make it the largest event of the year so far.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I enjoyed commentating with you guys and watching the race in lobbie A.

Hoping we get some more luck with the next 1 but the turnout was pretty epic. Thanks to everyone for showing up to make it the largest event of the year so far.
You guys did a good job of commentating! Lucky our lobby worked without any issues. lets hope Pcars2 is better so we can have a rerun!

ART Stiggles

Community Member
Reaction score
Despite the technical issues with lobby B (and C, which I heard a fair bit about), I had a really fun time this race. I binned it early on, but had some fun working my way back up the order, despite being off-cycle due to an early pit stop. Losing so many people was a shame, only 5 of us finished in the end, but I definitely had my fun while everyone was there. Technical issues happen, they can't be avoided, but thanks to all the admins for hosting this and everyone for racing despite all the issues that happened. Also, as I asked, can we have 2.4 hours of Rainbow Road next time? ;)

GosuNoob

Community Member
Reaction score
Despite the technical issues with lobby B (and C, which I heard a fair bit about), I had a really fun time this race. I binned it early on, but had some fun working my way back up the order, despite being off-cycle due to an early pit stop. Losing so many people was a shame, only 5 of us finished in the end, but I definitely had my fun while everyone was there. Technical issues happen, they can't be avoided, but thanks to all the admins for hosting this and everyone for racing despite all the issues that happened. Also, as I asked, can we have 2.4 hours of Rainbow Road next time? ;)

I think we can arrange a 2.4 hours of Nordschleife Combined with 125cc and 250cc carts...

Each lobby can have a designated driver in FA as a blue shell...

ART Stiggles

Community Member
Reaction score
Here's the thing, does the blue shell hit just the leader of the lobby or the overall leader? :p

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm still buzzed about that result, although I feel I may have a target on my back from now on! Here's a recap from my POV:

I felt confident in the car as early as the 2nd official practice session, where I was surprised by my pace compared to others (humblebrag #1). I think doing the iRacing 24hr race helped a lot with getting up to speed with the circuit. Luckily I found a setup that I gelled fairly well with, and only needed slight tweaks in a few areas to my taste. In the build up to the event it became apparent that I would be up against @SillySausage, as we were reporting similar times, and we often run closely together in other races. Bullett was always just out of reach in the open practice sessions, usually a second ahead.

I hadn't done any low fuel runs, so I had no idea what my qualifying pace was. It turned out to be a 53.2 - around 0.3s behind Bullett and a few seconds ahead of a close battle behind. I was properly chuffed with that, and wasn't expecting to be that close to Bullett (humblebrag #2). The start was clean and the first few laps were spent hanging onto Bullett's slipstream, dragging me up the road and away from the battling cars behind.

On lap 7 Bullett was hampered by a P1, which eventually gave me a run to the first chicane. I got by under braking, and lost the position at the next chicane as Bullett repaid the favor immediately. I had another run towards Mulsanne corner, but backed out of it, since neither of us were going anywhere. I spent the next few laps fuel saving in the slipstream.

On lap 10 I got bored of fuel saving and decided to have another go, this time going into Mulsanne corner, to see if it was possible to stay ahead in the run approaching Indianapolis. It wasn't. We were side by side approaching the right hand terror kink, and I nope'd out of it. Long way to go yet. Back to fuel saving.

And then, DRAMA! Away from the cameras, Bullett went off in the Ford chicanes, and gave me a comfortable gap. A lap or 2 later, I had my own half spin at the Porsche curves. I got my trail braking wrong, pitched right, and nose slid all along the barriers. I can't remember, but I think I got distracted by an off line GTE car. I rejoined a few seconds ahead of Bullett. I had right front suspension damage, and was only a couple of laps away from my scheduled stop, so I pushed on with Bullet closing the gap.

I made my pitstop a lap after Bullet, and decided to take on fresh tyres alongside my repairs. I knew double stinting tyres was the way to go, but I figured I'd spend less time on worn tyres if I double stinted at the end. I rejoined around 12 seconds behind Bullett, with the new goal of staying in touch with him. The whole stint that followed was pure concentration of banging in clean lap after clean lap. His ultimate pace was better than mine, but I think I handled traffic better. The gap hovered around 15-8 seconds throughout the stint.

I pitted again a lap later than Bullett, but this time I kept the same set of tyres. I actually over filled by about 2 laps, but still got out ahead by about 7 seconds. Bullett went full alien out of hell mode and closed the gap in no time.

"The Battle of Battenberg". Watch the video below for the full thing.

Round 1! Bullett caught up within striking distance with 7 laps to go, and had a run coming out of Tetre Rogue. I had to stay right as a P2 reached it's top speed on my left rear corner, so I had a compromised entry to the first chicane. Bullett got a run on the exit, so I claimed the left lane immediately. We were side by side and I left room at the chicane, but he lost control (maybe lag, or a bump off line) and spun out. This only made him faster as he closed the gap again over the next few laps.

Round 2: 5 Laps to go, and Bullett got a mega run out of the Ford chicanes. He got ahead after going side by side through the Dunlop chicane, but I had a better line through the rest of S1. I was back on his tail down the Mulsanne, and was able to get on the inside for the second chicane. Bullett had a terrifying few seconds where his screen went black, thank god it was on the straight! Once again at the braking zone we were side by side, but we made contact this time. He fell back by a few seconds, so I instantly felt bad - despite it looking 50/50 on the stream. In the heat of the moment, I didn't want to get ahead and potentially win the race with a shoulder budge, so I let him by on the run to Mulsanne corner. Karma re-set. I then got by again on the run to Indianapolis, either by a super tow or by Bullett missing a gear shift.

In the next half lap a few fighting P1's lapped us. Bullett lost a bit more time than I did, but was again on by tail at the start of the next lap. He was right up in my diffuser coming out of the Dunlop chicane, but pushed too hard in the next chicane and lost it on the left curb - a place where I lost it last year and many times in practice. Phew!

Usually I never like to see a fight end like that, but this was the exception! Nothing against Bullett, he was a beast that made me work my arse off, and was as clean as they come. A terrific competitor. I didn't feel like I could hold him back with my old tyres for much longer. I cruised home to take the win in a mist of exhaustion and euphoria. That was my best ever win, in RSR and my whole sim racing 'career'.

---

Thanks again to all admins of PRD, AOR, and RSR; Bullett; the broadcast team; and everyone for taking part. Such a shame the other lobbies fell over, but I feel like that was a perfect swansong for Pcars 1 for me personally.

Same again next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread