16th Oct 2016 - Doorbangers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
2016-10-16.jpg

It is anniversary time! Another RSR wishlist event, this week we are taking a suggestion from Alex Hobbs and driving the BMW 2002 Turbo around Cadwell Park GP in a mini tournament format. Who will tame the tight and twisty track and come out victorious.

Open to: Orange
yellowwheel.png
& Green
greenwheel.png
Badged Members

Car: 1973 BMW 2002 Turbo
Track: Cadwell Park GP
Gentlemen's Agreement: As Cadwell Park GP only supports 12 cars at a time we will be running this event as a mini tournament. The first race will see the field split based on ranking position into however many separate lobbies are required. Once the first race has been completed by all lobbies the second race will be split based on finishing positions in race one, giving those who do well in a lower lobby the chance to race against the winners from the top lobby.

Date: Sunday, 16th October 2016
Event start: 18:30 UTC

Race 1
Qualifying:
10 minutes
Laps: 12

Ingame Date: 16th October 2016
Ingame Time: 12:00
Time Progression: 1x
Weather Conditions: Clear
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Race 2
Qualifying:
10 minutes
Laps: 12

Ingame Date: 16th October 2016
Ingame Time: 16:00
Time Progression: 1x
Weather Conditions: Heavy Cloud
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Driving Aids: Real
Tire Wear Multiplier: Real
Fuel Usage Multiplier: Real

Starting Procedure: Standing Start, when the lights turn green the race starts - stay alert and look out for slow starters.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Results

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So anyone put some practice in already? I actually hate this car/track combination, but somehow we had some brilliant fun back in the days :D

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
So anyone put some practice in already? I actually hate this car/track combination, but somehow we had some brilliant fun back in the days :D
I loathe these old cars. Or, more specifically, their tires. Three corners in, slightly touched a curb= Yay, puncture! :mad:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I tried the day before yesterday and it feels wonderful. I didn't drove last year this combo, and I am hoping to find time this sunday to do so. But feel of driving this car on this track is awesome. I need few more practice sessions to be fully prepared for the race.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
It's a great track, the PC version doesn't do it justice, spent many days there.

Not sure if it's wide enough to get two cars side by side, so door bangers it will have to be. :D

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
I will admit to having done a little bit of practice last week. Last year this was my only win ever racing online (splitting the field the way it was done had nothing to do with that of course...) so I'm super excited about doing this again.

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hope to be able to do this, if I can manage to drag my sim rig home with my knee, which is getting better now!

Do love Cadwell Park, it really is that steep and narrow in real life, didn't have metal crash barriers around the whole track first time I went there as a kid about 15 years ago and has a unique pit lane in the middle of the track and no bridge or tunnel, as pit crew once you're in you have to stay there until the race is finished and you can cross the track!

Has a great curry house nearby in real life as well...

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
As an 8 - 10 year old I used to lay down on my skate board and go down the mountain, there were tears, blood and scars. 1985 that would have been...........

My first ever race, 20 year ago, was at Cadwell Park, I didn't come last, but I also didn't set the world alight!

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
May not be able to make this as my TX is playing up. Will be working on it over the weekend to try and see what's causing it. :(

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
if anyone wants do join me for a bit of practice i have a lobby set up
called door .bangers
password is .abc

if you want to that is...

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
if anyone wants do join me for a bit of practice i have a lobby set up
called door .bangers
password is .abc

if you want to that is...
no longer avalible

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Please don't try this at home, very dangerous!

Word to the wise, run your tyre below 1.6 bar at your own peril! :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Easy man :D

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Awww, bless, your car has hiccups Ramiboo :D

(it had to be done)

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not sure what times people are putting in, but I just did a VERY quick practice* (to get a feel for the car, having not driven it for a LONG time) and was doing high 1m42 laps. I know the lap record in time-trial is a 1m42 flat but I don't know how far removed that is from race pace.

* in a multiplayer session, set up to mimic tonight's race

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think the admins missed a trick with this one. It should be Dürrbangers surely? -100 points

I told that back in the days @Hobbnob but he refused (Okay I did not, -1000 points)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread