16th Oct 2016 - Doorbangers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
A really good pair of races for me. I got a pair of podiums in both of the higher tier races: one from survival, and the other on genuine pace. Thanks to @miagi & @Mark Baggaley for keeping me on my toes in race 2.

Race 2 behind you and Miagi was friggin awesome for me. Wish I had the balls to make a move on you. I was physically shaking after that one. And my first ever actual podium!
Videos of both races to follow shortly.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Race two, Split 1 was in the end not a close battle we had like at least 1 sec between each other. But in the end we closed up.

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Well that was way more fun than I was expecting, its still not at the top of my favourite track list but I did enjoy myself. Managed to have two largely incident free races, got to second in race one just by not having punctures. Managed a fourth in race 2 after a few minor touches with various people and a really tough battle with Kman and Dama at the end.

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Race 1 from my cockpit. Forgot to hit the record button at the start so first corner or three missing.

And race 2.

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Race 1 was an epic disaster for me. I qualified 5th (I think?) but soon found myself in the hunt behind Ramiboo and Hobbs. A few laps in and Hobbs got a puncture, leaving Ramiboo in the lead with myself in hot pursuit. Pam had appeared out of nowhere, closing the gap to just over 1s at the end of lap 5 but then dropped back a bit as Ramiboo and myself edged away a little. I came into the twisty forest section at the end of lap 6 and heard a nasty pop. I got a puncture at just the wrong moment. No matter, I popped into the pits and got a fresh set of rubber. Those tyres lasted less than half a lap before the front right popped again :| . My patience was running thin. Back to the pits, fresh set of rubber and I set off with a slightly slower pace. 1½ laps later, guess what? Yep, "pop", another puncture. At this point I had a major sense of humour bypass and retired to the pits.

Race 2 was a different story. I found that my tyre pressures weren't where I had set them in my 5-lap test earlier in the evening, so I reset them and also ensured the pressures weren't too high in the pit strategy (it hadn't occurred to me to set a strategy, not anticipating changing tyres in such a short race) - they were set to 2.2-bar :eek: . I qualified 2nd, just 0.003s behind Hobbs, after I returned to the pits having messed up my fastest lap (I was some 0.25s up on my previous fastest). No matter, I'll see if I can pip Hobbs off the lights or, if not, sit in wait behind him. The lights sat on red for what felt like an age (it was actually just over 2 seconds, according to my recording :eek: ) and my foot slipped slightly on the clutch. Well shit, that's a drive-through for me. I sat with Hobbs for the first lap, dived into the pits and came out in 5th. From there, it was a case of working my way back up to the leading pair of Hobbs and Nighttiger. Hobbs left the track and within 2 laps I was in front of Nighttiger. Were in not for a mistake on lap 11, it would have been an easy win, but I ran wide on the exit of T1 and gifted 'tiger the lead. I cannot tell you how hard my heart was pounding, the adrenaline flowing through my veins. I had to get back in front, I just had to. And so it came to pass, 'tiger went a little late on the brakes into T8 and I managed to slip past on the inside into T9. I was back in the lead \o/. I nearly lost that lead again 2 or 3 times in the next lap and a bit but it made for an epic finish to the race.

Sorry to disappoint everybody that thought I was going to re-take my DNF crown :p

Aside from the punctures, that was a fantastic pair of races, with some lovely close racing :).

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Good fun as always lads and lady, I'll edit my highlights video into this post ASAP. In the meantime, does anyone have or is able to take a screenshot for me of lobby 2, race 2 final results (the one with the gaps, not best lap). Cheers! :)

EDIT:

Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
This car is awesome.....
I didn't had tyre puncture in races just in second qualificatons.
First race was nice suprise, because I thought that I can't be in first 5 at all, but finished third - :eek: :cool:

Second race was really great, all the way fighting Kman, and I menaged to pass him by, andd everything was OK untill 11th lap, where my lack of concentration hit me with fist in face.... nice uppercut or direct hit I am not sure. Spinned in "goosneck" and Kman and Pam pass me fighting each other. I start chasing and it was again very close behand Kman and Pam. Last lap last corner I passed Kman, and finished behind Pamellaaa less than lenght of car. :)

Next stop Brno!

B

Blue Monkey

Can someone upload for me the replay file of Race 2 Split 1?

Would be really appreciated :D

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Can someone upload for me the replay file of Race 2 Split 1?

Would be really appreciated :D

I could do it for you but, later today if you need it that badly.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good fun as always lads and lady, I'll edit my highlights video into this post ASAP. In the meantime, does anyone have or is able to take a screenshot for me of lobby 2, race 2 final results (the one with the gaps, not best lap). Cheers! :)
Just checked my recording - I stopped it before that screen came up :(

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I had a weird race 2 i had all the signs of a puncher but nothing showing on the telemetry or my tire wear so i carried on thinking ohh its ok i then tried to take the doubble chicains and found i could only turn left so i pitted only to have a pit crew malfuncttion and was in the pits for way longer than i should of been so i finished in my usual spot LAST lol..

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'll upload my race 2 video overnight (I forgot to record race 1 - though, probably for the best :D). My crap internet means it will take nearly 3½ hours to upload the 720p version.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Results are online, you can find them here :)

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Here's my Vids, better late than never! :D

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
^^^ Interesting that your front left gave way on the same lap as mine but it didn't seem to affect your car handling or laptimes at all.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
It did affect the handling, gave a load of rumble on my wheel and was not as good on the brakes. It was odd.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
oh, but certainly not enough to slow you down massively by the looks of it. My car was instantly uncontrollable as soon as I got my puncture. Going to chalk it up to 'weird shit' :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread