17th Aug 2017 - Project CARS Farewell (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Project CARS Farewell.png

It is about time! The last official event organized by RSR in Project CARS. It was a long ride with a lot of ups and downs.
Let's make, the last one, a good one!

Open to:
Anyone!

Class: Various
Track: Various

Date: Thursday, 17th August 2017
18:00 UTC - Qualifying 1
18:10 UTC - Race 1
18:20 UTC - Qualifying 2
18:30 UTC - Race 2
18:40 UTC - ...

Ingame Date: 17th August 2017
Ingame Time: Various
Time Progression: Various
Weather Conditions: Various
Weather Progression: Various

Driving Aids: Real
Tire Wear Multiplier: Real
Fuel Usage Multiplier: Real

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I assume the first race is meant to be 10 mins rather than 70?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Never thought we would come to an end. I mean it was obvious that we would stop racing in Project CARS at some point, but it felt like it was still a little bit away...

When we started with RevolutionSimRacing, I had really no clue that it would become what it has become. We had one thread in the official forum of Project CARS. Yes exactly, one thread! It was hilarious but it somehow worked out. No fancy leagues, no fancy endurance events, it was just loose racing in Project CARS with a hand full of people.

What we achieved together since last year is just beyond everything. Our own dedicated forum, our first official league, our endurance events, our first RL meeting (at the SimRacing Expo) or just some fun rounds at Battlegrounds :D

We grew together to more than "just" a community. It feels already like a really small online family! One thing that stayed the same all the time is the friendly and gentle attitude from each member on -and off the track. That is, in my opinion, the strength of RSR!

I am also very grateful to have the best Staff Team around the planet (around the WORLD! - Cluck will understand this joke :D):-

@FlyingKman, @Battenberg, @SirHunterOne - The best Induction Trio you could imagine
@falcon2081, @Gxbbs - Our iceRacing Management
@Blue Monkey - Our aaarrrrFactor 2 Management
@ramiboo - If you ever need an IT guy, give him a shout
@Cluck - Our Chicken Moderator
@SillySausage - Our crazy Content Producer from Australia
@Mark Baggaley - Without Mark, the second post of each event thread would be empty
@Photonenbert - Our Creative Producer, his posters making me crazy
@Elmo - Our Inside Man in SMS ;) :D

Let's make this event a good one! I hope I see as many RSR Members as possible to give Project CARS a good farewell :)

P.S.: Project CARS 2 is waiting around the corner :p

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
Is there plans to do any events for PCars 2 or nah?

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Fatih Kursat

Community Member
Reaction score
Noooooo!!! i'm going to vacation this tuesday :banghead:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I assume the first race is meant to be 10 mins rather than 70?

Kinda. 10 minute of Qualifying and 3-5 Laps of racing. Can be anything, normal stuff, crazy stuff or ridiculous stuff :D

Is there plans to do any events for PCars 2 or nah?

We have already a Project CARS 2 section in our forum. We will definitely continue our journey in Project CARS 2 :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Kinda. 10 minute of Qualifying and 3-5 Laps of racing. Can be anything, normal stuff, crazy stuff or ridiculous stuff :D

We have already a Project CARS 2 section in our forum. We will definitely continue our journey in Project CARS 2 :)

Brilliant, an official fun night is perfect way to end pCars1 :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Karts on Nordschleife with Thunderstorm incoming! :D :D

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Karts on Nordschleife with Thunderstorm incoming! :D :D
now that would be fun! maybe a demolition derby on mojave skidpan?

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score

Okay cool. Only came back to this group today to see if events were being arranged for PCars 2. Game looks great, much hype!

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We did a demolition derby at the oval one fun night!
I havent done a demo derby with RSR so either before i joined or missed it. would be such a laugh if we were all in different cars

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Did a list of cars that aren't returning to Pcars 2 on Pcars' official forum yesterday, thinking that maybe repost it here would be a good idea :p (using class assignation in Pcars1)

Road Cars

Road {A}
2011 Ariel Atom 500 V8
2011 Gumpert Apollo S
2013 McLaren 12C (we have 720S now :p)
2014 Pagani Huayra (seems that WMD forgot to add the normal version)
2012 RUF CTR3 (I bet RUF's boss is crying now XD. CTR-3 could also be a good addition since it's pretty unique)
2012 RUF Rt 12 R
2014 W Motors Lykan

Road {B}
2011 Ariel Atom 300 Supercharged
2011 Ariel Atom Mugen
2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
1987 RUF CTR (CTR will be a great addition since it's a tuned car)
2013 RUF RGT-8
2013 Scion FR-S Rocket Bunny Street (rebadged GT86)

Road {C}
2009 Ford Focus RS
2011 Renault Megane RS265

Road {D}
2011 Caterham Seven Classic
2013 Scion FR-S (rebadged GT86)

Track Day Cars

Prototype 2/LMP3 (Gr. CN Prototype)
2012 Palmer-Jaguar JP-LM

GT1X
2011 Pagani Zonda R
2014 RUF CTR3 SMS-R

Touring Cars

Vintage Stock Cars
1990 SMS Caper Monterey

Touring Class 3 (DTM)
2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Coupe DTM

Grand Touring Cars

GT3
2013 Audi R8 LMS Ultra (replaced by new gen of R8)
2012 BMW M3 GT2 (should be in GTE class(my favourite car in Pcars1, wish it can come back:( ))
2014 Bentley Continental GT3 (can't believe that WMD made 2015 and 2016 two separate versions but forget to bring 2014 together :p)
2012 McLaren 12C GT3
2014 RUF RGT-8 GT3

GT4
2013 Aston Martin Rapide S Hydrogen Hybrid

Prototype series

LMP1
2009 Aston Martin DBR1-2(aka Lola-Aston Martin B09/60) this car is actually a bit too outdated, should be in a class itself
2011 Audi R18 TDI (should be in a "retro LMP1" class with B09/60)

LMP2
2014 Alpine A450 (rebadged Oreca 03)

Open Wheeler Formula Series

Formula B
2011 SMS Formula B

Formula Gulf 1000
2013 FG1000

Kart One
2011 SMS 125cc Shifter Kart (the new one only has one forward gear)

Super Kart
2011 SMS 250cc Superkart
There you go. We have to drive every single vehicle in this list at least once before the night end:D

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Its on a night I can take part!! omg yes, so much yes in this one topic.
Gonna be fun on a bun =D

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
What can I say its been an amazing 2 years already. I will always cherish pCars1 because it got me back into sim racing as a hobby again. From the ashes of (name that we do not speak of:p) to the now great RSR its crazy too see just how far we have come. I never imagined helping to manage a community as well. Its great to see the community growing and everyone showing their passion for not only sim racing, other popular games, and life in general. I've had some great battles while doing our events and even though I retired from pCars1 a while back its going to be fun getting back into the swing of things for #2 finally. I would also like to thank the rest of the Staff team for an amazing job and will echo what @t0daY said. So I raise my beer and thank you all for being the best community out there. :greyalien:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to go back to pcars 1...
But this one is a must, to give the game, which accompanied me over the last six years a good farewell :D. Now that I think about it - I get sad. :( It's like leaving a good friend behind for good.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well iv been a member of rsr for probbly about a year now and i have to say all you guys are the absolute best iv felt welcomed from the very start. Yes 1 or 2 of us have had our disagreements but we overcome it and thanks to pcars1 i have made some fantastic friend's since being part of rsr. It feels like a dysfunctional family lol.. We are bidding farewells to Pcars1 the sim that brought us all together lets make it a great night and get as many as we can well as many as a lobby can hold lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread