17th Aug 2017 - Project CARS Farewell (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Speaking of Rallycross, we should do NASCAR rallycross at Zolder like once we did in fun night in this event. (you cut all the chicanes):D

Freak Superman

Community Member
Reaction score
I might be the crazy American of the community. But this community feel like family. I have made a lot of friends on here. Without PCars 1 I wouldn't found this amazing community ever. Here for PCar 1! And I can't wait for PCars 2!

Freak Superman

Community Member
Reaction score
Also guys I will be streaming this event over on my mixer account. So anyone who can't make it to the event. Can watch it over at mixer.com/freaksuperman

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
The King is dead. Long live the King! :D

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ahead of tonight's race, I thought I would pen a few more words, in a slightly more serious tone to last time.

Farewell Project CARS 1. We first met at the Café WMD some 6 years ago and although it felt like love at first sight, our affair was too turbulent to ever have a future. And so, it has come to pass, tonight will be our last night together. Let's make it a night that neither of us can ever forget. I'll ride the bumps like it's our first night. We'll get as wet as anybody could ever wish for. I'll even let you do that thing I thought I'd never let anybody do, yes, I'll let you overtake me from behind. Fear not though, to save any 'accidents', I'll put on my best rubber, it's not like it's going to burst.

Farewell Project CARS 1. I didn't want to break the news to you this way but, yes, I have found another. She's awfully pretty and wow, she feels so good too. We might have got wet a few times darling but we never got filthy dirty and that's what I love so much about the new love of my life. Who knows how long this affair will last and whether it will ever reach the highs of our time together but it's time to move on.

Goodbye Project CARS 1. My mother always said to me "son, do whatever makes you happy, I really couldn't give a f***, now pass me the whiskey". She was right, I'm doing what makes me happy and I'm saying goodbye to you. Not farewall, au revoir or adieu but goodbye. If it is of any comfort to you, in this difficult time, I will never forget you. You brought me so much happiness (and so much sorrow) and you introduced me to all your friends, many of whom I even grew to like over time. Those friends will be with me, even as I move on to pastures new. Goodbye my love.

And hello Project CARS 2.

On a far more serious note. This is far from the end, this is just the bright new dawn of a new day for RevolutionSimRacing. Project CARS 2 is going to bring us not only more variety in cars and tracks but, also, many new faces. Lets welcome all of them with open arms and show them, as we show every new member, why RSR continues to be one of the (if not, THE) friendliest, most enjoyable league to belong to. Let's also not forget the enormous amount of effort that goes into making this place what it is. Not just from the staff but from every single one of you guys and girls. Without the members of RSR, there is no RSR.

I know Manu has singled a few names out from the staff but, I want to say thank you to all of the staff here. There is no better team on the planet. You might all see their "roles" but some may not realise that every one of them mucks in when they need or want to. Every one of them is giving up their time because they like this league, they like the team around them and they love racing with you lot (most of the time :p ).

It's incredible to think that we're rapidly approaching the 2nd birthday for this league. I suspect pCARS2 is going to keep us together for many more to come.

So, as a closing note, let's have a lot of fun tonight. Even if the game kicks you in the balls, laugh it off, smile and remember that it is that game that brought you here. Project CARS brought us all together and we should never lose sight of that :).

I'll shut up now :D

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Wow Cluck... I nearly shed some tears ;) Although I thought of my previous girlfriends and affairs rather than Project Cars 1. :D

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
I'll be watching from the pit lane, most likely mainly because project cars just point blank refuses to remember my controller settings, so I'm never able to configure the wheel to work.

Quite a shame really as would have been nice to have had one last blast for old times sake, but if a miracle appears and it decides to work then I'll be along for the ride.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh my god, I managed to get something working, just did two laps with my old AMG GT3 on my old stomping ground (bannochbrae) with the AI Mike Tyson.

It feels very foreign, I'll definitely pop on for one of the races, if only to be P1 in the VR/Direct Drive class (Ambulance Class), that's a class in PCars right ? ;)

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Going to miss the farewell only because I am sitting at work, not going to make it as I am pretty sure that I am going to be here till the early hours of tomorrow. :(:mad:

Are there going to be any streams so I can watch while reloading computers 5 more to go.

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
well that was a good send off bring on pcars2 now..

Last edited:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well...what a send off for Project cars 1, Its had a good run but like everything, its time has drawn to a close and with that we look to Project cars 2. We have had some fantastic racing and its been really racing with you all. Looking forward to racing with you all soon! Enjoy the summer break!

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Had tons of fun tonight, especially in the last race with Superkarts at Bathurst where it was a total chaos:D (I don't know if you guys did another race after I left)

About that green light in the V8 Supercar@Ruapuna race, my hands might just slip off the push-to-talk button on my phone, I re-listened the start in my stream and only heard "Gr...", really sorry for that. I definitely will get a microphone and not having 2 accounts in RSR's channel for Pcars2.:D

Might still keep Pcars1 in my PC since I still have several other league races not ended yet, and there are some special cars that Pcars2 doesn't have. And with no more races in RSR for Pcars1, see you guys in Pcars2! (or iRacing)
and PLEASE do the first event of Pcars2 on a weekend, otherwise I won't able to attend due to real-life schedule:(

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Until the chaos that was Superkarts at Bathurst, I thought we gave a very fitting farewell to our organised events for pCARS1. I hate to close things on a downer and I know it was a 'fun' night, but Bathurst saw some of the worst driving I've encountered in a long time :(

That said, despite the utter insanity of the combo, the RWD at Oulton Park turned out to be a lot of fun. It's just a pity that I stalled on the grid and hadn't re-mapped my engine-start button since replacing my wheel :oops:

But that's it, for now. There are no more organised events scheduled for pCARS1 here at RSR. We have one more induction night to run, next Tuesday but, after that we all take a well-earned break and gear ourselves up for pCARS2. This does not mean you can't organise your own events if you want to. Just because it's 'the end', doesn't mean it's THE END!

Thanks again to everybody that joined the fun last night.

Governor Tarkin said:
You may uninstall when ready

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks for the great evening yesterday, and sorry to the guys that i slightly touched, it was my first time using H-Shifter and Clutch in a MP Event so a tiny bit of my concentration went to my shifting to make no mistakes and i unfortunately have overseen some guys in the mirrors through that.

I am rather new in RSR compared to some other members, but still the last 4,5 months with you guys were just awesome. Big thanks to the admins for all their efforts they put into the whole thing to make this a huge Racing Family and not just another Sim Racing Community

I am looking forward to the hopefully many years to come in RSR and the now very near release of pCars 2

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@1185323118 the superkart race looked crazy! I qualified really well but sadly as the race started, steam began downloading, apologies for anyone caught up in my lap, going up the hill I realised it was best to retire from the race. It was great fun to watch!

The first race of the night was really fun, started P3 and was right behind The 2 leaders, at the start I was faster but being Monaco there was no way past, sadly being too late on the brakes into the Nouvelle Chicane and spinning wasn't the best way to fight for a win!

The donnington/atom race we had, was great, qualified P3 but lost half a second on last lap into final corner. Managed to keep it clean enough to take P1 with a few laps remaining, crossed the finish to win with @Battenberg a massive 0:02s behind. Such a good end to the race!

It was a great send of to a great, slightly buggy game

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Until the chaos that was Superkarts at Bathurst, I thought we gave a very fitting farewell to our organised events for pCARS1. I hate to close things on a downer and I know it was a 'fun' night, but Bathurst saw some of the worst driving I've encountered in a long time :(

I never drove that thing before and in all honesty it handles so differently from anything else that with everyone zooming around you and the twitchyness of the thing I think people should get a free pass for that one.

With the spirit of the night I dont mind all the crashes (Was taken off multiple times especially in Monaco and I also could not avoid some people slowing down too much unexpectedly in areas either).

For sure though for a normal race the standards on display last night are not acceptable (Im sure I did my fair share too) but I figured its a crazy send off so what the hell and I sure chuckled a lot :)

Glad peeps liked the LMP2 / Oulton Park combo despite how crazy it sounded - its one of my favs.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I am in a state of complete-non-using-computer-thing (ah ... Lie.... I am playing Escape from Tarkov but just for an hour every 3-4 days...). Just mountain biking and swimming, so I just saw this thread... of course with one day delay. I am sorry now that I didn't take part in RSR PC1 farewell, but I can't wait for PC2 to arrive..... I have decided: No racing untill 22.9.2017. :D

Many greetings for all RSR members..... See you soon ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread