17th Nov 2016 - DTM Club Car Championship (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be going around with default setup. Will be the Beemer and Merc then I guess.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Mo, I posted the setup I used for the Merc the last time this event was held. Got me the win in the 1st round and 2nd in the 2nd round. I would have won the 2nd round if Ramiboo hadn't been using the MCLPCW* mod :D . That said, it was a slightly "on edge" setup, so I've softened the suspension now and it's far more compliant and predictable :)

* Make Car 50% Wider

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok guys, two times my Oculus just went black and I couldn't see anything. Thankfully in the first race I was on the right and I hope I didn't ruin anyone's race. t0daY, sorry for ruining your quali lap. I don't understand why I'm having these issues. I will do a couple of public online races this evening to see if I keep getting this issue.

I hope you have a nice racing evening.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, were it not for screwing up my quali lap in the 2nd race, I would have had a clean sweep of 1st places in both the qualifying sessions and races. There's just something about this combo that I absolutely adore :)

@ramiboo and @t0daY , that was some lovely tight racing at the start of Race 1 and a real shame Manu got disconnected or I reckon we could have had a lovely 3-way (ahem) for quite a few more laps. @ramiboo , the second race was just incredible and I'm glad I got it recorded this time, such close racing for lap after lap. Really good fun, just like last time :)

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeh good race all altho i didnt see much of anyone lol @frankodrose some good racing in race 2 in the first few laps nice and clean..

Im really pleased with p12 and p13

Race 1...
I did t do quali as i knew my car was not right as pcars deleted my setup..so i started from the rear. There was 3 minz left in quali so i poped to the loo only to return and see me sat on the grid lol...everyone had gone about a quater of a lap ahead..(ohh well i thought ill just do some hot laps untill race over).but then i actualy noticed i was catching someone. Great i thought i wont be last yey then people started to fall with either disconnects or spining out so that gave me p12 in race 1....

Race 2..
Yet again i start from the rear only this time i was there for the start lol... I took off cautiously hoping others would have an incident but no one did lol.. I had a good little fight with @frankodrose for a few laps and u fortunatly he had a moment and i was through.. Next saw more fall thGih mistakes were i found myself yet again p13...
Im happy with that i thought.. Only to see that @2scoops had spun off. Yes i might have p12 here i worked my little batty off to catch up only to hit the tires at the first chicain on lap 16 nooo. I ploded on noticing that @Reiche was realing me in but on lap 18 he must of had a moment as he dissapeerd and there i was in p13...

Allthoi didnt win a p12 is a win for me as i was in the mid pack for once yey lol..

Ps sorry for the long race recap lol..

EDIT AS I FI ISHED 12TH IN RACE1 NOT 13TH LOL

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Another awesome couple of races with this combo. I was very pleased I was able to find the pace I had last time as I cut it a bit fine making it to the event. Just want to say well done to @Soulah for a couple of very nice results in the BMW.

Race 2 was a little marred by the ghost car, and I'm sorry that I didn't understand where the car was, it wasn't on my screen and I heard I went straight through it. I know @t0daY got affected by that so just wanted to say sorry to all that I affected by hitting it.

Looking forward to the next one! :)

Soulah

Community Member
Reaction score
Those were some really nice races, didn't expect the car and track combo to be so good. Unfortunately there were not so many BMW's. Maybe it's a bit slower? I don't have a H-shifter and the BMW is sequential and I found it easier to drive than the merc so that's why I picked it.

Anyways, I'll leave the setup I used for if any of you want to give the car a go. I got a 1.39.7 with it in time trial. It's really nice to drive, was not a really fast time but the car drove so nicely and because of that I could push as hard as I could in the race without crashing. I'm sure some of you aliens can set a better time.

http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/363410169

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Will get the race footage up from my perspective overnight (taking 30 minutes to render each race and will take approx. 2-3 hours to upload each one :eek:). In the meantime, I've got my quali laps done already :-

Qualifying 1 - P1

Qualifying 2 - P2

I do run wide at the exit of T3 (?) in the first qualifying round but was otherwise a very clean lap. I was trying to get to grips with the car balance in quali 2, from the change in time, and ended up running out of time to set a really hot lap. Got pipped to pole position by Ramiboo with less than a 1 minute of the session left :eek:.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Race was fun, especialy Race 2 where I had half of it driving close behind SteveG, but he rarely does mistakes :(
Didn't had much time to practice so I picked up some setup from database (I think it is Today's for Sakitto) and that was it.
Here are videos:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
And after 6 hours of uploading (yes, my internet really is that crap), here are my 2 races. My apologies for the utter lack of fancy intros, it's straight to the racing action

Race 1

Race 2

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've just watched Dama's race 2 start, and I just want to give a quick apology to @2scoops and @FlyingKman for the side swipe approaching T1. My spotter was asleep, I had no idea you had a run on me. I saw Gibbs lifting a bit before the braking zone, and thought I could pounce under braking. That was a bit too aggressive of me, and my mistake for not checking my mirrors more. Sorry again!

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
That's ok, it only ruined my race . . . . . only joking :D I had a run on you off the start and got nearly in front of @FlyingKman on my right, but not enough to pull in front of him, then he came back with the power of the Cosworth approaching turn 1, then you started to move over and I was a sandwich :eek: we all survived, but lost quite a few places. I hit the wall later when I spun anyway, so could only manage 12th :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
My two races. Spent a bit of time behind Dama in towards the end of race two, I really need to learn to how to overtake.
Race 1
Race 2

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Well, were it not for screwing up my quali lap in the 2nd race, I would have had a clean sweep. There's just something about this combo that I absolutely adore :)

@ramiboo and @t0daY , that was some lovely tight racing at the start of Race 1 and a real shame Manu got disconnected or I reckon we could have had a lovely 3-way (ahem) for quite a few more laps. @ramiboo , the second race was just incredible and I'm glad I got it recorded this time, such close racing for lap after lap. Really good fun, just like last time :)

Oh I suppose it should have been one of these renowned quotes by that mighty chicken, Modesty I ask?
I would have won the 2nd round if Ramiboo hadn't been using the MCLPCW* mod:D

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Here is race 1 from my perspective, race 2 was a bit of a disaster :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread