Project CARS 2 18th Jan 2018: US Clio Cup (1 Viewer)

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@UnstopaPaul thats a bug with the rearview mirror, if you are pushing the car you nearly always have tire smoke in your mirror, but the other drivers shouldn't see it.
If they also see it, then you might have a problem with tire wear :D

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@UnstopaPaul thats a bug with the rearview mirror, if you are pushing the car you nearly always have tire smoke in your mirror, but the other drivers shouldn't see it.

thanks both - I think its a glitch then. I noticed that if you watch the replay you see nowhere near the same amount of smoke (and sometimes you do see it when I *actually* overcook things....). Great to know.

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
QQ: Does anybody NOT have constant white tyre smoke going round Outerloop at any racing speed? (translation: Am I just bad at driving? :) )

Not the only one as I see it as well.

I have noticed this track with this car is eating the front tyres. So I think my driving is bad for tyres :confused:

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
He means, if you are the only one that sees your own tyre smoke in a race. ie, if you are in a corner "deploying smoke" then only you should see your smoke. If other people in the same race see your tyre smoke then that's not the bug, that's severely overheated tyres and I would question how you made it round the corner in the first place :D. Everybody will see their own tyre smoke but they shouldn't see other peoples' :)

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
How can I miss the race on 118 day? :D
Name: 118
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? YES

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I have noticed this track with this car is eating the front tyres. So I think my driving is bad for tyres :confused:

Maybe I'm also bad, but I'm pretty certain its just really hard on the front left. Clockwise track with 2 dipping corners. The G force on the outer loop is supposed to be quite strong, so no real surprise in a FWD car I guess (I'm no expert though). It is very easy to end up sliding the car through, and with FWD it is the "easy" thing to just try to floor it to get more turning. Smoother driving I'm sure will improve my tire wear.

Last edited:

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Name: TaoDue
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've got to pull out of this one, time is not on my side right now. Have a good race all :)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Name: 2Scoops
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Alex_Salmon28
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards?
yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? yes

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i absolutely love Clios, and they are a blast to drive on this track. Great combo, i expect a very fun race tomorrow!
Unfortunately i am working late shift this week so i cannot join tomorrow :(.

GL everyone!

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Name: Raigore
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? yes

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm going to pull out of this one sadly, due to a badly timed shoulder injury, 2 days before the Daytona 24 :eek: Elbows out touring car racing is probably not a good way to rest it up! Have fun.

G

Gopher04

I'm not going to be able to make it, bizarrely I managed to displace a muscle in my back last night doing nothing but standing, it now feels like I have a football stuffed in side my skin on might side.

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the admins but I am not able to participate anymore due to the fact that I have some pain in my shin of all the braking from a subideal position. Going to give it some rest and going to rearrange the seating. Have fun tonight!

Reapper[ZA]

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry i'm late, hope to join. Still brand new too this.

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
I'll be resigning for this evening.

See you guys on track next Sunday!

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Finaly.... Iv poped my rsr cherry lol 2nd place. Really good fight @Alex Salmon i enjoyed every lap of that..

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
grats to the podium placers! A rather frustrating experience for my own races sadly. An unforced error in each race sent me completely off track, both in places I would not usually expect to mistep. Maybe the extra information of watching everyone's positioning is distracting me, but my current goal of finishing a race clean still remains a step or two away.

EDIT: In case it got lost in all the voices on TS - thanks very much to the organisers, it's very much appreciated.

Last edited:

Kebs

Community Member
Reaction score
Sure both races had some bumps and crashes but it was still good fun. Never thought the reno would be so much fun haha.
And 2nd race from 23rd to 6th felt pretty good! good race guys :)

grats to the podium placers! A rather frustrating experience for my own races sadly. An unforced error in each race sent me completely off track, both in places I would not usually expect to mistep. Maybe the extra information of watching everyone's positioning is distracting me, but my current goal of finishing a race clean still remains a step or two away.
Just taking it easy and choosing you're battles wisely and not trying to overdrive yourself you should be fine good racing! :)

Users who are viewing this thread