Project CARS 2 18th Jan 2018: US Clio Cup (1 Viewer)

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have to apologise, these races were not as clean as I normally drive. I had anticipation for this race because i love this track and the 'default setup' thing!

first race: had a very good start from P13 and climbed slowly to P7 in about 14 minutes racing. Then on the climb IMJ didn't saw me an pushed me to the right. I was on the brake but it was to late for him and so hi spun. Then on the hill I really didn't saw KEB (@Kebs ?) on the right side and we had a crash. I'm very sorry for that. I have the race engineer and visual cues enabled, but didn't help.

Second race: @Ranjanado and me sticked together after first corner and came free at the start of the hill. I tried to get free, but it took some time. Then ranj had perhaps difficulty to control the car and spun in front of me. And I couldn't avoid the crash. This also ruined i think (GON) @Gonzo0193 race. Sorry for that.
After pitting i joined behind the top field and could keep up the pace with them... but 3min before end i crashed in another spinning car. It wasn't my day.

Anyway, the first 14 minutes from the first race were really great and enjoyable, so thanks to all!

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Does anyone have the replays for upload....I wasn't thinking straight at the end of either race and don't have 'em

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
Loxias, I apologise greatly.

Watching the video I noticed that I jumped a place on the formation. I wondered why I ended up with the odds when I started in an even place.

Shepard also apologise for reversing, clicking like crazy to get to first gear and jumped to reverse. That scenario is exactly the reason I keep badgering the devs to put a Neutral button in to the control assignments in game.

Last edited:

wabi

Community Member
Reaction score
Really good races but ...

... I have to strongly apologize to everyone affected by the incident in 10th lap of 2nd race on the back straight before inner loop, Especially to @Mark, @steveg200, @Darksi and @Mearcat .
At the exit of 4th corner @steveg200 and @Mark were in front of me, but I was slightly faster and found the gap on the left side. I head there beside @Mark and began to overtake him, holding my line. But I probably moved slightly to the right and closed @Mark between me and @steveg200 . This led then to @steveg200 's spin and massive crash. Although I didn't want to cross Mark's line, it happened, and this incident was completely my fault and it destroyed really good race for @steveg200, @Mark and probably some others, including myself.

Sorry for that guys.

Here is my live record from race ...

... and here the accident from different views

While watching the replay I noticed bug with lights of some cars. In the race had all cars lights on.

Last edited:

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
I have to apologise, these races were not as clean as I normally drive. I had anticipation for this race because i love this track and the 'default setup' thing!

first race: had a very good start from P13 and climbed slowly to P7 in about 14 minutes racing. Then on the climb IMJ didn't saw me an pushed me to the right. I was on the brake but it was to late for him and so hi spun. Then on the hill I really didn't saw KEB (@Kebs ?) on the right side and we had a crash. I'm very sorry for that. I have the race engineer and visual cues enabled, but didn't help.

Second race: @Ranjanado and me sticked together after first corner and came free at the start of the hill. I tried to get free, but it took some time. Then ranj had perhaps difficulty to control the car and spun in front of me. And I couldn't avoid the crash. This also ruined i think (GON) @Gonzo0193 race. Sorry for that.
After pitting i joined behind the top field and could keep up the pace with them... but 3min before end i crashed in another spinning car. It wasn't my day.

Anyway, the first 14 minutes from the first race were really great and enjoyable, so thanks to all!
Hi Nakor, maybe second incident partly my fault. For some reason I could not pull left away from you on the up hill despite having the space!! Looking at the repay it greatly helped. We just call it a racing incident maybe. I had room on the left but could not turn in (I think because of the speed and bumps on track). I was also cautions of the car approaching fast behind me!! I guess lack of confidence and experience on my side. Many thanks for sharing replay

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Then on the climb IMJ didn't saw me an pushed me to the right. I was on the brake but it was to late for him and so hi spun.

I am sorry for that, My spotter never said you were there and I'm sure the arrows never showed you being there, plus not seeing you come to my side.

So sorry for that.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Quick not about the spotter its usless i was side by side with ... You guessed it alex lol most of the race and everytime he said i was clear. i could clearly see alex right beside me (the benifit of having look left an right buttons) dont go off your spotter its not very accurate.. Try being vocal on ts when it comes to side by side action. Dont rely on the game to be right all the time.

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Quick not about the spotter its usless i was side by side with ... You guessed it alex lol most of the race and everytime he said i was clear. i could clearly see alex right beside me (the benifit of having look left an right buttons) dont go off your spotter its not very accurate.. Try being vocal on ts when it comes to side by side action. Dont rely on the game to be right all the time.

Would have a look left/right button if I had more than 2 buttons on my wheel ;)

Or a VR head set will do.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Would have a look left/right button if I had more than 2 buttons on my wheel ;)

Or a VR head set will do.
You know what you should do.... Buy a new wheel lol.

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
Really good races but ...

... I have to strongly apologize to everyone affected by the incident in 10th lap of 2nd race on the back straight before inner loop, Especially to @Mark, @steveg200, @Darksi and @Mearcat .

Wabi, I am fine with it,

Even though I was involved after your initial bump with the other 2 cars, It's ok (from my point).

For 1. I should of spotted a bit sooner where the gaps were going to be after your cars had settled from the bump. I chose the middle line where there was a gap but failed to notice the silvery/white one moving backwards (from impact momentum not driver input) which closed that gap very quick. That was wrong choice.

For 2. That battle between the 4 of us (I dropped back a bit due to lost time because of to too much kerb at some points), it was such good fun and close, it was inevitable that contact to that extent was going to happen.

I try to follow a general method for overtakes which is "% of the car alongside":
1. If the front car is being overtaken and the overtaker is 25% or less past then the overtaker yields the racing line to the one in front.

2. If the front car is being overtaken and the overtaker is 50% past then the car on the outside line has to provide space in order not to squeeze the inside car off during entry and cornering but also, the inside car is not to sweep out and push the outside car off during corner exit. in other words battling through the corner without squeezing each other.

3. If the front car is being overtaken and the overtaker is 75% or greater past then the front car yields the racing line (in corner) to the overtaker.

The above practice is also applicable to the overtaker just in reverse. Generally I see it as the driver behinds job to follow the above up until the cars are side by side when it then becomes BOTH drivers jobs. It works as I can battle with most of you at my skill level without taking people out.

I appreciate that 3 cars were involved initially and it was before a corner but the above would still work.

I for one see this particular incident, with regard to my involvement, as an inevitable result of close multiple car battling. That's my view, I am more annoyed at myself for letting my car reverse causing further damage to the field, this I will be trying to prevent in the future.

Last edited:

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thank you all for this fun event! :)

My word to summarize the two races is "bad luck" ^^

Race 1 : crashed at first quali lap and had to rejoin with way two much fuel so I wasn't going to keep up the pace, especially not without a tow ^^ I had a good race start but I was involed in two contacts one of which destroyed my car so I had to repair and finally finished second to last...
Race 2 : good quali time, good start but I lost control of my car after a contact with @mikeysalmon27. When I catched it, it was either the yellow water barels or the pit lane so I the consequence was me inflicting myself an awkward drive trough penalty and @mikeysalmon27 dying from laughter :D I was upset but equally laughed at myself ^^ for the rest of the race I battled with @Kebs, we ended 6th and 7th after dodging a carnage at the bus stop (didn't know Renaults could fly btw). Could have secured P6 after I passed @Kebs in the last lap but he bravely reclaimed his position in the last two corners. Thanks for the battle man, you deserved it!

Kebs

Community Member
Reaction score
@Taorminator yeah great race man! after looking at the replay my move on the 2nd to last corner was abit too brave but thanks for giving me room... :) i had climed up from 24th place so i wasnt gonna let the 6th position go easily haha :D

Users who are viewing this thread