Project CARS 2 19th Nov 2017: Renault V6 Cup (1 Viewer)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
So.... Load default set-up (I don't have saved setup for this card at all) and drive. Go to pits, set change tyres recommanded and drive again?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm not sure you'll be able to load a setup, even if you have one, as 'default setups' will be forced for this race. I would create a session and simply make a pit-strategy that has dry tyres selected, then set that strategy as your default.

re. fuel levels, I am going to see what my fuel levels are like in multiplayer in a moment, to see if it's set to 50L when "force default setup" is enabled. In an 'offline' race, it just uses the default 'loose' setup, as I haven't changed anything. I'm guessing that fuel is 100L as standard.

EDIT : OK, I set up a 30-minute race and enforced default setups and was given 100L of fuel.

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can 6 or 7 of you please manually reset the car to a default setup and see what fuel level you are given in both a single-player 30-minute race and a multiplayer 'force default setup' 30-minute race please.

For the MP part, create a private lobby, with 'force default setup' set to 'Yes', set up a 5-minute qualifying session and a 30-minute race and then start the session. Either drive the quali or wait it out in the pits and then go to the race. Make a note of the fuel level you are given at the start of the race. If possible, repeat this 3 times to ensure it is the same amount each time.

Due to the possible discrepancy in fuel levels, we want to find a solution ASAP, so we need your help in determining whether or not there is a problem in the first place. We appreciate that quite a few of you will have already been practicing and will have practiced with a particular fuel load in place. The last thing we want is to find out, on the night, that the fuel levels - and, consequently, the car behaviour - is very different.

Thank you :)

EDIT : For now, please ignore the discrepancy between what the default 'loose' setup fuel level shows in the car setup, I'm interested in the fuel level you have when the race starts.

Last edited:

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Catch that Chicken, catch that Chicken...so close 0.044, maybe tomorrow :)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Can 6 or 7 of you please manually reset the car to a default setup and see what fuel level you are given in both a single-player 30-minute race and a multiplayer 'force default setup' 30-minute race please.

For the MP part, create a private lobby, with 'force default setup' set to 'Yes', set up a 5-minute qualifying session and a 30-minute race and then start the session. Either drive the quali or wait it out in the pits and then go to the race. Make a note of the fuel level you are given at the start of the race. If possible, repeat this 3 times to ensure it is the same amount each time.

Due to the possible discrepancy in fuel levels, we want to find a solution ASAP, so we need your help in determining whether or not there is a problem in the first place. We appreciate that quite a few of you will have already been practicing and will have practiced with a particular fuel load in place. The last thing we want is to find out, on the night, that the fuel levels - and, consequently, the car behaviour - is very different.

EDIT : For now, please ignore the discrepancy between what the default 'loose' setup fuel level shows in the car setup, I'm interested in the fuel level you have when the race starts.

100l of fuel I got in race and something like 18.7l in qually in multiplayer race :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks Dama, that's much appreciated :)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Got an early finish today and my new PC waiting at home, will run a test this afternoon @Cluck

Sorry Cluck, managed to install OS to wrong drive so wasted my afternoon tatting about trying to sort it...will hopefully test later

Last edited:

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score

Same for me as Dama. Three MP races all had 18.X Litres for quali and 100 Litres for the race.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
this car stability control takes so much of the feel to the car, it just feels wierd in the corners and has a tendency to make the car understeer a lot for some reason.
I prefer a car with a more firm front end and more feel in the corners so i had to turn this off and i much happier now.
Why are you running with stability control enabled? The car has no assists (no ABS, no TC, no SC) so, since RSR lobbies always run with 'Authentic/Real' assists enabled, you should be running that setting yourself when testing. The danger of testing a car with incorrect assists is that you will experience a very different car when it comes to the race itself :)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That’s iirc a bug currently. When you ran a car that has assists, while having your settings for them at authentic, then switch to a car that has none/different, you still have the assists of the other car. Not sure if it’s the same online though.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That’s iirc a bug currently. When you ran a car that has assists, while having your settings for them at authentic, then switch to a car that has none/different, you still have the assists of the other car. Not sure if it’s the same online though.
Oh, I wasn't aware of that :eek:

Well, in that case, it's worth making sure that everybody is testing this car with NO assists enabled, to ensure they aren't testing it with the wrong thing :)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
@Cluck 3 sessions Qauli 7.5L , and 49.8L at the start of the race using online settings and forcing default setup. Are there any other settings I need to adjust/know about?

Edit: 50L obviously but 49.8 by the time lights go green lol

Last edited:

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Why are you running with stability control enabled? The car has no assists (no ABS, no TC, no SC) so, since RSR lobbies always run with 'Authentic/Real' assists enabled, you should be running that setting yourself when testing. The danger of testing a car with incorrect assists is that you will experience a very different car when it comes to the race itself :)

I think i know what happened...

upload_2017-11-18_13-28-37.png

I realised that for some reason i had full driving assists ON in the options...when i am fairly certain i had setup has authentic back in the day...for some reason it changed. Now it makes total sense:

upload_2017-11-18_13-30-46.png

Tks for pointing this out!

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i experienced it when you manually overwrite the authentic settings, for example when i disable SC on a car that has that on authentic settings the game switches to full assists somehow

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Update: @Cluck the reason for the different fuel load was that I forgot to switch on real fuel usage (I know, I know). If set to off you 7.5L/50L, whereas with fuel usage real you 18.7L/100L...why is it that some things seem to default back to previous settings and others don't every time you set up an online race?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks for the tests guys, so it does look like the fuel levels are consistent for 4 of us, which is reassuring :) . I didn't want to get in the same situation we had with the Honda 2&4, where people were reporting different fuel loads.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Yes but will there only be 4 of us racing ;) it'll be a chicken chase....lol

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
tested today (created an online session) and got 18.7L/100L so 5 of us get the same result which is promising.

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Aaah forgot the fuel thingy ...

Did some TT laps and the car feels pretty nice with the loose setup. Feels a bit odd to set the Brake balance to 45% front but I felt most comfortable with that setting for default setup. I think I'm in for the first race. ;)

And wow a pretty alien time from @Cluck and @Born2BSlow. It would take me a lot of practice to get into that range (if at all I would be able to make it there :D)

des.JPG

Last edited:

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I cheated, I followed @Cluck 's ghost... ;)

Just did a test run of Race 2 conditions, not expecting to stop for tyres unless something weird happens and I need to pit for repairs, it didn't dry out until 5 mins to go...last lap on worn wets was a 1:28.6, although most of the race was in the 1:30's

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread