1st Dec 2016 - Formula Junior Class (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can't handle this combo, don't like to drive another super aggressive car after the LMP2, see you on the 8th of Dec.

I think that deserves a CHICKEN!! :D

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Slide'o'matic setup

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I really dont like the car tbh but im gunna stick it out cus people might just dc or crash out lol..

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I like the car but I don't like the track and the last weather slot (rain). Any tips regarding pressures for rain tires?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Pah, the track is easy. Turn right, turn king hard right, turn left, turn king hard left, turn left, turn right and right again, turn right, turn left, turn right, turn riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, turn left and across the line :D

No idea on rain tyres running, sorry, I've done zero practice (other than approx. 40 minutes of time trial laps) as I won't be taking part :(.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Pah, the track is easy. Turn right, turn king hard right, turn left, turn king hard left, turn left, turn right and right again, turn right, turn left, turn right, turn riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, turn left and across the line :D

No idea on rain tyres running, sorry, I've done zero practice (other than approx. 40 minutes of time trial laps) as I won't be taking part :(.

Duh... I always turned left first. :p

But honestly, can you at least tell us which DF you were using? Because you seem to be flying through corners at a speed were I'd shoot off the track in a straight line.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
DF was something like 14F/13R I think, but don't quote me on that (I'll fire the game up now to double-check)

EDIT : Just checked and that lap I recorded was set using 13F/13R

Last edited:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
There's hammer time but there's chicken time too :D

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
DF was something like 14F/13R I think, but don't quote me on that (I'll fire the game up now to double-check)

EDIT : Just checked and that lap I recorded was set using 13F/13R

Dafuq? Somethings fishy with your game ;)
I guess you gotta be Cluck to take corners faster than everyone else whilst running (partially) lower DF settings.

Or could it be... nah, the two clicks higher rear downforce can't be the culprit, can it?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's very much a qualifying setup, it was just a test to see what I could do in a short space of time, nothing more than that. You can see the full setup in the following links (rather than flooding this page with images)

Aero and Chassis
Alignment
Dampers
Differential
Engine
Gearing
Suspension
Tyres and Brakes

EDIT : It's all about having confidence in what the car can do :). Remember, my route to trying a car is to go beyond its limits in the first few laps, finding out how much it takes to get the car out of shape. I then very quickly dial back from that to get a fairly fast first clean lap, from which point it's a matter of refining braking points, power, amount of wheel lock etc. . If you watch that 1m33.7 lap again, you'll see I get badly out of shape coming out of T2 and am also slow in the final corner. Both of those, done more cleanly, would yield another 0.4-0.5s. Combined with a cleaner middle-sector (which you can see is 0.05s down on my previous time), it all adds up to a low 1m33 lap. With more time to play with the setup, I don't doubt I could put in a 1m32 lap in time trial, or even lower.

Last edited:

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Zero camber then?! I thought that exploit had been patched out, or is it just this car that works with none?

Interestingly I went the other way on the spring rates, as it felt like it had better turn in bite and grip on exit than default. Likewise on the tyre pressures, I had to go .9 on the front just to get some temperature in them. With 1.10 they just never seemed to warm up. Mind you I was on FP with a Nov date, so probably colder than TT.

Working from home today and it's just too tempting to slide across the study and have a go. *Must Resist*

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Mikey, as I have said (many many times) before on here and on the public forum, I know nothing about setups :eek:. I have posted those up just to show exactly what I did to get that lap, so I have no idea if the zero camber 'trick' is still a thing :). That said, with 2 long (800m) straights, it made sense to try and extract every last drop of straight-line speed. I tried default setup and then created that setup just to see what it did. I haven't tried dragging camber back to default or fiddling with other settings. It was, as with all the setups I create, a case of "suck it and see". I'll try adding a bit of camber after lunch and seeing what happens.

re. springs, I lowered the suspension so it made sense - to me, at least - to stiffen the suspension up a little to try and help prevent bottoming out. I didn't check to see if that was happening, I just did it because it seemed sensible. See what I mean about inept?! :D

EDIT : And, to re-iterate, this was a setup purely for time-trial and/or qualifying purposes. It is not a racing setup (closed radiator and closed brake ducts should be the biggest clues there ;)) at all. It was, to all intents and purposes, a setup created to see if I could go faster than the existing leaderboard WR for the combo and, let's be honest, an opportunity to be a great big show off :D.

Last edited:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Zero camber then?! I thought that exploit had been patched out, or is it just this car that works with none?

Interestingly I went the other way on the spring rates, as it felt like it had better turn in bite and grip on exit than default. Likewise on the tyre pressures, I had to go .9 on the front just to get some temperature in them. With 1.10 they just never seemed to warm up. Mind you I was on FP with a Nov date, so probably colder than TT.

Working from home today and it's just too tempting to slide across the study and have a go. *Must Resist*
Yes, 0 camber should no longer give straight top speed advantage but high camber doesn't seem to work as intended at cornering but still causes loss of traction on corner exit and wheel lock on braking

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Looks like no @Admins got time to show up tonight. I am also out with work short noticed :(

Would anybody step up for this event and make a little briefing in the beginning and grab a DS for the event itself? Also Screenshots from qualy, best laps in race and race results are needed aswell.

Never happened before but all admins are busy tonight... Hopefully we can find someone for tonight, would be much appreciated :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Could allways postpone untill sunday lol....

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I could give it a go if nobody else can. I've hosted the odd session here & there, and I normally fall asleep in the driver briefings since I've heard it all a billion times :p
What happens when taking a plane and flight assistants describe safety measures emergency exits and so on... :D:D

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
@Battenberg, @t0daY: Is the who's running events tonight sorted now?

I'm happy to help if needs be, but I've not done anything seriously with the DS for many moons, and certainly nothing with your DS.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm going to host a p2p practice session in a minute, and I'll get the race setup ready for driver briefing at 19:30. See you all on TS!

Awesome @Battenberg, thousand thanks! :) DS 3 and 4 should be up with the usual password :p

Also quick reminder, Screenshots very important for the rankings :)

Good luck everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread