1st Dec 2016 - Formula Junior Class (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I had car issues from the get go, the thing just wouldn't turn and felt completely different to the practice session and even qualifying. I had to turn the wheel past 90 degrees to get the thing to turn at all, I was nearly leaning out of the chair. Then I ran over some debris in the big crash at turn 1 and got 9 aero damage and 5 suspension damage at the front so I had no pace at all. Then the rain came and I could hardly get it round the corners, I was amazed I actually finished in the top 10.

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
Very nice race, car felt same as it was on practice. But, unfortunately, i still do too many mistakes, which puts me to last places. I'm happy that high curbs do not damage the car :D

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Here is video of my POV with many stupid mistakes.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Very nice race, car felt same as it was on practice. But, unfortunately, i still do too many mistakes, which puts me to last places. I'm happy that high curbs do not damage the car :D

Stol - just a suggestion but have a look at the difference in FOV between yourself and Dama = as your video thumbnails are right above/below each other its really easy to see the difference.

I know when Dama changed his FOV it helped him race a LOT - he used to be at the back a year ago with me (not due to lack of speed but mistakes). Once he changed it he quickly improved to the point where he is now - regularly top 10 and quite a few top finishes.

His FOV is more natural to simulate how the brain sees distances and when to brake / turn in etc... You do see less on the sides but you get used to that quickly.

It might be worth checking this video out as well as it explains the reasoning behind it well:

Lastly if you do decide to try it - this site helps calculate the correct FOV for your personal circumstances:

http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
main reason i drive this FOV is that i want to see mirrors :) but yeah, good advice, i will try different FOVs. Thank you :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My FOV has the car mirrors touching the edge of the screen so i can see the mirrors still..i allways set it to how i would drive my everyday drive....

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
His FOV is more natural to simulate how the brain sees distances and when to brake / turn in etc... You do see less on the sides but you get used to that quickly.

It might be worth checking this video out as well as it explains the reasoning behind it well:

Lastly if you do decide to try it - this site helps calculate the correct FOV for your personal circumstances:

http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/

That really makes sense, tomorrow will try suggested 48 degree FOV, thanks man :)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
That really makes sense, tomorrow will try suggested 48 degree FOV, thanks man :)
48 is very low
What is your monitor diagonal, and how far is from your eyes? I drive about 61-65, 27" monitor about 70 cm from my eyes.

Nice thing would be to have 3 monitors 42" diagonal , or Oculus rift ;)

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
48 is very low
What is your monitor diagonal, and how far is from your eyes? I drive about 61-65, 27" monitor about 70 cm from my eyes.

Nice thing would be to have 3 monitors 42" diagonal , or Oculus rift ;)

I have 40" full hd TV about 1m from my eyes. That calculator gave me 48 and i have tried and it feels soooooo wierd :D I guess i will try other FOVs and see which fits me :)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I have 40" full hd TV about 1m from my eyes. That calculator gave me 48 and i have tried and it feels soooooo wierd :D I guess i will try other FOVs and see which fits me :)

try 60-65

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

I found adding 10/15 degrees to whatever it suggests gave a good result when I used my 40 inch TV in a similar way. Once I used that calculator for my old 20 inch monitor in it's normal daily use position, it was like driving a tank with only a tiny peep hole letterbox to look out of.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
iv completely changed my view im now using bonnet view and im quicker lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread