Project CARS 2 1st Oct 2017: Stay on the Island (1 Viewer)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My dad is coming over on sunday. Hope he leaves early enough xD

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Funny you should say that, my old man came round last week, and me and the wife ran and hid..
Lol they were clever enough to call me this morning while I was basically still asleep to set the date :p

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm out on this one sadly. Gonna' spend the day with a friend I haven't seen in months.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh lord! That combination is beyond awesome! Will do my best to be there! Will run with default setup though as I haven't run any GT3 car or the Daytona track in PCARS2.

G

Gopher04

Really wanted this to be my return race, but it's just going to be slightly to early for me today :( if it had of worked out the race would start at 2000hrs UK I would of made it, anyways have fun guys catch you on the next..;)

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
And I can't make it guys. Still out with the family. Enjoy the race!

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry i wasn't able to take part in this event... Have Fun guys :)

Last edited:

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry that I had to leave the race, but it's no fun to drive the whole race on the same wet tires.

And I don't know who pushed me of track. A simple excuse would've been nice.

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
20171001233804_1.jpg

Thanks to all guys in our lobby for nice race. And congrats Mark with your second place!!

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
View attachment 2842

Thanks to all guys in our lobby for nice race. And congrats Mark with your second place!!
Congratulations!

For me I didn't have a good race. Suffered from first lap crash, some glitchy pit-stops, then a wrong click on ICM ended my race completely. Only completed very few laps. After retiring, I started practice my commentary a bit, though it's bad, but hope you enjoy it.

Also me trying some of Murray Walker's lines:D

Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Wasn't a bad race for me personally, qualified quite well in the wet, formation lap was a shame with several drivers receiving damage, good call by the admin to let them pass for repairs. First lap went rather well, chasing @steveg200 quite hard on the banking, was alongside approaching the bus stop, think someone hit steve & he gave me a nudge, minor damage but didn't affect the handling. After that I was gaining on the leaders & followed @mikeysalmon27 for much of the race. Believe he spent most of the race on the wet tyres whilst I pitted for fuel & slicks... was catching him at almost 4s a lap most times. Pitted again & it went horribly horribly wrong. 3 spins on the outlap, one into the wall.. an extremely slow lap to get back into the pits for repairs, so thankful the engine didn't blow with 146deg C temps... put wet tyres on expecting it to arrive in 2 laps, 8 laps later :facepalm: it finally came. Few laps later @Shepard was catching up into first corner, I went in a touch deep & in trying to leave him space I went on the grass & promptly span. Many apologies for this mate. Think you may have lost out on a podium because of it. After pitting again for serious repairs, it was a long & lonely ride to the finish in 9th.
*note, that god damn in-car menu does not work for controller users, selecting things requires you to stop steering... not ideal, I may have shot through the bus stop twice because I was trying to figure out what the hell was going on...

Hand muscles were not ready for this session.. so much pain after 70 minutes... haha

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks for the great first 15-20 minutes guys. I just jumped in the car and wanted to race, setup I dropped together from previous practice races online worked wonders. Was able to get a solid pole position laptime in the tough rain conditions. Unfortunatly pCars2 decided the McLaren was too quick and wanted to give me a hard time with the engine blowing up with only 10 front damage.
Congrats to @Eugene Flerko and the rest of the guys in Split 2 that were able to finish.

Up to the next time!

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Practice:
For me practice went really well, my fastest lap time in practice was a 1:46.7 with 70 litres. having done many hours and probably +100 laps of practice i was really happy with my setup. I setup my pit strategy and tested them after the problem i had in the last race.

Quali:
For our lobby i believe i was the only person to set a lap on slicks. I managed P12 with 1 lap before the slicks became unusable. I knew i was able to do this because of practice. I struggled with lap time with the wet tires and seemed to get traffic quite a bit.

Race:
My race started nicely, i kept calm and had a safe first lap but i got hit and forced into the barrier at Turn 1 on 2nd lap, this gave me 12% aero damage which caused my engine to start overheating. I really had to nurse my car through the first 30 minutes as I didn't want to pit for repairs and loose time so i changed fuel mixture down to normal and just took it easy. I managed to pit at the right time for slicks and repair the damage. This would have worked nicely if the pit stop issues hadn't reappeared. I and a freshly fixed car but i was sent back out with worn wet tires, I had a preset strategy for tire change only which was only a 15s stop so i had no choice but do this. The first stop refuelled me fully so i could go to the end.

From there i planned to do a 1 stop strategy and go to the end. I had the pace to catch the people in front but being a lap down on @Jago25 i had to unlap myself, he was kind enough to let me last and i then pulled away. towards the end of the race i was catching him quickly. the rain came so i pitted for fresh slicks thinking i could have gone to the end on them, this put me well behind Jago until we both decided to change for wets. This helped me out as i knew i was going to be doing a 15s stop, surprisingly i managed to out strategy Jago and get the position, but only just. we exited the pits around 1-2s gap and then got upto pace and pulled away.

Conclusion:
Firstly it was sad to see so many disconnects, i thought we had left those issues behind with Pcars1 but sadly they have returned.
It was a really good race and the wet running was amazing, it was so much fun and I know it got a bit heated by some drivers but in an endurance race with rain theirs no point in getting stressed about it. I just stayed calm and focused on my race. Now we focus on the next race and the upcoming Revolution Cup.

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
but i got hit and forced into the barrier at Turn 1 on 2nd lap
I think I was probably involved in that incident. Saw two cars go wide under braking into the first corner, managed to go to the inside of them but then locked up my fronts and went wide.
I knew there was some contact but I only saw a brigtht red car offtrack and couldn't identify who exactly I hit. So I let everyone pass until a red Porsche came by, hoping I got the right guy.
I am terribly sorry this happened. I simply ran out of talent that moment. I apologize.

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Well, well this race was a bit of a shambles for me and on the formation lap someone hit me from behind sending me into a spin
also the formation some people were in the incorrect positions eventually I started from 16th when I qualied 14th or something like that. Lap 1 or lap 2 not sure which but someone spun into turn 2 and the rejoin was one of those we do not like to see. The person should be reprimanded but as I do not have the evidence to show I will leave it at that. Two spins in the race 1 in the wet and one in the "dry" it was not totally dry, pitting for dry tyres only to get wets and had to pit again and got the dry's and late the the PC BSOD not happy with that but in the end enjoyed the race up till then.

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
Interesting one for me last night, it definitely seemed like there was more tension around than usual in lobby 1 last night, if you can catch vibes like that over the internet! I think I genuinely did though and it seemed to spill over onto the track.

I'd done a fair amount of prep for this, quite a few laps by myself to learn the track (was brand new to me) and then also with RSR guys on Sunday too. Felt pretty well prepared and it was nice of Manu to put me into lobby 1, I'm defo not up to alien pace but I'm trying!

Quali was ok, but I didn't really get a representative lap in before the conditions worsened, so I was quite far down the order. I'm pretty used to this though, so I just decided to settle into driving conservatively to see how many positions I could make up.

The start of the race went fairly well, after starting around 14th I managed to keep my nose clean and was up to 8th after a couple of laps. This wasn't really down to pace though, more that every time I was catching someone they seemed to spin in front of me! Unfortunately I then caught the spinning bug and had a couple of frustrating slow spins which lost me positions. After that, I was coming through the corner which leads back onto the banking when Nighttiger aquaplaned and spun in front of me and another car. I was unsighted so I had nowhere to go and hit him in the side with my front end. I immediately changed my pitstop strategy to damage repair, but I completely failed to check my engine damage and it blew on the next lap. Valuable learning experience for me, I won't make that mistake again.

On a general note, I was finding the chatter quite distracting last night. There was a lot of, what seemed to me to be, unnecessary communication which was quite distracting. Emotions were also clearly boiling over and there was quite a bit of swearing and a little of people having a pop at each other too. In the short time I've been here, it's not what I'd expect from RSR, but I'm sure it was an isolated thing.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That was a roller coaster of a evening. First of all, apologies from my side regarding the first race start - we overlooked the fact that you can't set that track to use a standing start, and wasn't expecting the issues with the game's built in rolling start. We're still figuring this new game (and it's 'challenges'), so bare with us, and apologies again.

The race itself was great while it lasted. My Bentley had pace on the straights, and was reaching well above 270 kph approaching T1 :eek: I had a cautious start and spent the first stage of the race behind a heated battle between @Blue Monkey and @xImJakeyy. For what felt like 100 laps in a row I got a double tow off of both of them after the bus stop, but it was too risky to make a move with them changing their lines in attack/defense of each other - The wall of spray didn't help either. I wasn't impressed by some of the chopping/moving about I saw on the oval section - I had to hit the brakes a few times to avoid getting put in the wall. Those moves are bad enough in the dry, let alone with poor visibility. I'm curious to see @SillySausage's video and some of the streams to see what it looked like.

I got by Jakey on the inside of t1, but only because he saw me coming in hot and just about in control (thanks mate, great awareness!), and I then got by Monkey in the Bus Stop (I didn't feel contact, and I left room, I only saw BM off road in the mirror. I heard no complaints so I carried on). From then on I was by myself. I had a few laps of my pit box being occupied, even though I could see my crew waiting in my empty spot as I passed by, so I stopped anyway without drama. After that I was lapping about half a second off the leaders, holding a safe gap to SS behind, and had a few slidey moments in T1 to keep me on my toes. After Puffy's troubles I was on track to finish P2, but I got disconnected with 15 mins to go, just before I was due to pit for wets. Gutted.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think I was probably involved in that incident. Saw two cars go wide under braking into the first corner, managed to go to the inside of them but then locked up my fronts and went wide.
I knew there was some contact but I only saw a brigtht red car offtrack and couldn't identify who exactly I hit. So I let everyone pass until a red Porsche came by, hoping I got the right guy.
I am terribly sorry this happened. I simply ran out of talent that moment. I apologize.
I was the bright red Porsche. I waited until everyone had passed to rejoin. Don’t worry about it @Feanor We all make mistakes from time to time. The aero damage did stop me from pushing but as it was wet conditions it wasn’t such a bad thing. The pitstop issue screwed it up for me yet again as combined with the damage repairs I ended up being in the pits for almost 2minutes.
No hard feelings dude.

Users who are viewing this thread