Project CARS 2 1st Oct 2017: Stay on the Island (1 Viewer)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Interesting one for me last night, it definitely seemed like there was more tension around than usual in lobby 1 last night, if you can catch vibes like that over the internet! I think I genuinely did though and it seemed to spill over onto the track.

I'd done a fair amount of prep for this, quite a few laps by myself to learn the track (was brand new to me) and then also with RSR guys on Sunday too. Felt pretty well prepared and it was nice of Manu to put me into lobby 1, I'm defo not up to alien pace but I'm trying!

Quali was ok, but I didn't really get a representative lap in before the conditions worsened, so I was quite far down the order. I'm pretty used to this though, so I just decided to settle into driving conservatively to see how many positions I could make up.

The start of the race went fairly well, after starting around 14th I managed to keep my nose clean and was up to 8th after a couple of laps. This wasn't really down to pace though, more that every time I was catching someone they seemed to spin in front of me! Unfortunately I then caught the spinning bug and had a couple of frustrating slow spins which lost me positions. After that, I was coming through the corner which leads back onto the banking when Nighttiger aquaplaned and spun in front of me and another car. I was unsighted so I had nowhere to go and hit him in the side with my front end. I immediately changed my pitstop strategy to damage repair, but I completely failed to check my engine damage and it blew on the next lap. Valuable learning experience for me, I won't make that mistake again.

On a general note, I was finding the chatter quite distracting last night. There was a lot of, what seemed to me to be, unnecessary communication which was quite distracting. Emotions were also clearly boiling over and there was quite a bit of swearing and a little of people having a pop at each other too. In the short time I've been here, it's not what I'd expect from RSR, but I'm sure it was an isolated thing.
I totally agree! Normally we are pretty good with minimum chatter but lastnight was really distracting. I get why people were annoyed by the formation lap issues but it wasn’t a big deal.
1 thing I would like to point out which maybe the cause of some of the swearing/chatter... with pCars 2 teamspeak PTT doesn’t seem to work properly so some people like me have to use voice activation. I always have my mic on mute until I need to say “leaving pits” etc but maybe some people didn’t have theirs muted...

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
Qualified 3rd in lobby 1. That was my best quali ever.. And guess what? Game decided that you will not race! My controls were not working, reset the wheel didn't help. Restarted the game - everything works fine. But all i could do at the moment was spectate, which i did for hour or so.

I'm very disappointed with pCars2. I mean i did not expect more after playing pCars1, but still... This game is like in beta version, not more. You can't release a game, which has so many bugs. No wonder why i see like 50 people playing it online Sunday evening. If not RSR i would have already refunded it... And we payed money for it :D i mean, they should pay us for catching all those bugs. This might be off topic, but just wanted to spill it somewhere.

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
1 thing I would like to point out which maybe the cause of some of the swearing/chatter... with pCars 2 teamspeak PTT doesn’t seem to work properly so some people like me have to use voice activation. I always have my mic on mute until I need to say “leaving pits” etc but maybe some people didn’t have theirs muted...

Really strange. I use push to talk and it works fine for me, unless anyone can tell me otherwise!

I'm very disappointed with pCars2. I mean i did not expect more after playing pCars1, but still... This game is like in beta version, not more. You can't release a game, which has so many bugs. No wonder why i see like 50 people playing it online Sunday evening. If not RSR i would have already refunded it... And we payed money for it :D i mean, they should pay us for catching all those bugs. This might be off topic, but just wanted to spill it somewhere.

I don't agree with this at all, the game is so much better than the first one in every way. Yes, there are a few issues at the moment but the core of the game is amazing, I'm sure this stuff will get fixed.

B

Blue Monkey

and I then got by Monkey in the Bus Stop (I didn't feel contact, and I left room, I only saw BM off road in the mirror. I heard no complaints so I carried on).
Yep you hit me there ... but since you were ahead, I chopped you a little on the straight and you were massively faster, I thought, lets continue.

:( Sad we 3 disconnected, I really hope we can find out why

Last edited by a moderator:

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
An interesting night to say the least... I had a great time though! :)

Once again I got to put in plenty of practice for this one and had the car setup feeling fantastic with some last minute tuning. I was still very surprised by my pace on race night though, P4 in qualifying (behind @stolnikas by the slightest of margins). I knew the top two were well ahead of my pace after qualifying but P3 to P6 were so close it was sure to be a close race. Unfortunately stolnikas disconnected before the race which pormoted me to P3 where I was able to get a great, clean start and set my own pace.

After an early spin I was knocked down to behind the close pack of @Blue Monkey, @xImJakeyy & @Battenberg but soon could up and joined the train. There was some 'interesting' driving going on but fun nevertheless. I decided to get out of the traffic and pit for drys before the others but missed my pit box which meant I had to come back around and pit next lap, pushing me down to P11. I then closed the gap to @Feanor and @Blue Monkey and managed to get past both after some fun battling.

It was then @t0daY, @Puffpirat & @Battenberg ahead and I pushed hard to try and steal the P3 from @Battenberg who was about 12secs up the road but we were too even on pace to make any progress. This is when @Puffpirat ran into his issues which bumped we to P3 which I would be more than happy to settle for but I knew @Battenberg could still possibly be in reach if he made a mistake. We were then locked in a battle of "who will pit first for wets" as the second period of rain came down (which I hadn't even considered in practice). Unfortunately just as the critical point of pitstops was about to happen P1 (@t0daY), P2 (@Battenberg) & P4 (@Blue Monkey) all disconnected leaving me with a huge 50secs+ gap to @Nighttiger in P2.

Back to back wins isn't something I've got to experience before but neither of them have been 100% satisfying or deserved sadly. I wish it could have ended differently but I was so happy with my pace and racecraft (finished the race with zero aero damage and didn't touch anything with my car) that I'll take the good result knowing my performance made an impact towards it.

I think I'm finally getting the hang of my new setup and the Oculus, I'm at least back to my old pace if not more. Getting the good results and starting to mix it with the guys more towards the pointy end consistently is very satisfying.:D

Here's my highlights. I put a bit more effort into this one and tried out some new things to make up for the dramas we had with the event. Any feedback is welcome! :)

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
All I can say about the race in lobby 2 is, that was the worst first lap I have ever seen,the amount of unsafe rejoins and silly overtakes was ridiculous.I think we all should read and remind ourselves of the driving standards which we agree to when taking part in a race

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
My first ranked race ever, finishing P4 (in Lobby 2 though). Yeehahh!
But I want to start from the beginning of my night:
1) Right at the start of the qualy I noticed my headtracker not being working as I fiddled around with USB ports and my mobile before, but I decided to put a timed lap and solve it before the race later on. Well, pressing the reset button of an USB hub in the Windows device manager is a huge No-No. My PC crashed and I had to boot everything up again. I joined the session just as the qualy was over, hence last place for me in the grid.
2) Right at the beginning of the race when we were spawned to the grid we had some contacts at the back end, no chance to avoid it, as the AI was controlling the car in the first couple of moments. So me and some others passed the train to get the cars fixed. I explicitly asked, whether we are supposed to join the race from the pit exit AFTER the others have passed. This was confirned by the lobby admin. See yourself what happened:
Personal note: I was going slow to avoid an "insufficient progress DQ", not to block someone.

After that, everything went quite fine for me except my pit crew refused to give me hard slicks, so I continued on my wets (same tire set for the whole race literally). I was able to avoid some hassle up to minute 66:

and the incident with @FuBii at minute 73:

At the very last lap @Phos4us was coming pretty close. I had suspension and aero damage due to the crash with Fubii and he was quite faster and later on the brakes than me.

So from my side nothing really to complain about. Unlucky incidents like the one with Fubii happen in races, so I am cool with that and I really enjoyed this race.

Last edited:

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm very disappointed with pCars2. I mean i did not expect more after playing pCars1, but still... This game is like in beta version, not more. You can't release a game, which has so many bugs. No wonder why i see like 50 people playing it online Sunday evening. If not RSR i would have already refunded it... And we payed money for it :D i mean, they should pay us for catching all those bugs.
This kind of comments I don't get at all.
Does the game have some issues? Yes. Are those issues gamebraking and making the game unplayable? No!
And yes, I'm very biased!

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Here's my highlights. I put a bit more effort into this one and tried out some new things to make up for the dramas we had with the event. Any feedback is welcome! :)

Really impressive vid mate - really told a story of the race :)

I have no idea on technical input on edits etc.. but I thought it was ace !

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
This kind of comments I don't get at all.
Does the game have some issues? Yes. Are those issues gamebraking and making the game unplayable? No!
And yes, I'm very biased!
Let's restart the game everytime someone has glitch/bug problems. We won't finish any race, so that, theoretically, makes the game unplayable. Unless we take one or two guys' issues as "not a problem, this is normal, maybe next time".

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yep, @CrisBCros you really need to practice track re-join a bit

The language used at the moment the crash happened is even worse. I can barely remember a rule, written somewhere, that swearing is forbidden and stuff, like incidents any kind, should be discussed after the race via TeamSpeak, Inbox or the Steward Room.

Phos4us

Community Member
Reaction score
"At the very last lap @Phos4us was coming pretty close. I had suspension and aero damage due to the crash with Fubii and he was quite faster and later on the brakes than me.

So from my side nothing really to complain about. Unlucky incidents like the one with Fubii happen in races, so I am cool with that and I really enjoyed this race.

@Shepard I was still on slicks, trying to stretch it to the end. I had already lost it in the hairpin which let you by. There was no more traction going into the bus stop on the last lap and I was in a full hydroplane when I touched your corner. I threw it away with full left lock and a touch of throttle to try to save your finish. I'm glad I didn't take you out there as that would have been a horrible end to some great racing. I had great racing with both you and @FuBii with both of you not letting me have it easy even with performance differences.

By the looks of it, lobby 2 had a much better go of it. The racing was mostly clean and only a few minor issues on the starting procedure that people could fix with giving themselves a little more room. We also had some chaos on the start with people not being familiar with starting from the pit procedure. Ultimately, the guys on the podium got strategy right, spent the least amount of time in the pits, and ran the cleanest races.

I am pretty sure that most of the issues that people are experiencing are user created, caused by a lack of understanding of some of the game's features. For example, if you select pit request in the IMI (on purpose or by accident) the AI will take control of your car in 3-4 laps and pit unless you deselect the request in the IMI or pit. This action disables any mapped pit request button. I have to figure out a solution for working the IMI without losing too much attention on the race. I got stuck making an unnecessary stop for fuel due to my lack of familiarity with the interface.

Last edited:

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
Yep, @CrisBCros you really need to practice track re-join a bit
I am not sure what else I can do than saying sorry as I did. It was my very first ranked race which made me a bit nervous of course. Thank you for your understanding and aplologiez again.

Last edited:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
@1185323118 What are you using to have the standings ticker at the bottom of your screen? I really like that.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread