iRacing 2018! What a ride! (1 Viewer)

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

2018 is in his final stages and for me it's time to say some words towards the end of it.

At first I have to say thank you to everyone who was part of this interesting year and to everyone who supported us in all these events!

I want to give you a small recap of my personal sight and the way we took here at RSR during this year. Plus I want to see what we can do/change for 2019:

All started exactly one year ago, when @Vernux was buying the game a few days earlier with the words: "I want to drive the 24h of Daytona". It was always a dream for me to drive such an event. I watched the races from RSR and all the live streams over the last 1,5 years. So it was an easy decision for me to join my friend. And what should I say, it was the best racing experience I ever had, even with all the connection problems we had during the race. In total we started with 4 cars.
But it was extremely quite at RSR after that event in the iRacing section. There were only @Vernux and me driving some endurance events and only at the special events we had some company out there. But these were awesome as well. I will never forget the 24 Hours at the Nordschleife. With the car on pole and at the end the car on the podium in split 3.
But it was again very quite after that race and the two of us discussed over and over again how we can change that. Without talking to anyone else, @t0daY asked me if we can meet in TS. We talked over 2 hours and he asked me, if I want to take over the iRacing section. I said yes. I talked a lot with @t0daY during that time what we can change, how the section should look like and after the work was done, we started the project "Make iRacing in RSR great again".
It took us some time, but after some month we got more and more cars on the track. The interest in the special events were increasing again and with the December update, the attention for iRacing was getting again higher.
We have now 5 cars on the track for the next big event. We all know, that this can change to the last minute, but at the moment we have the highest attendance we ever had in iRacing.

So what's next? My personal dream is a RSR league with all the standards and racing abilities RSR stands for. But I have to be honest, we don't have enough drivers to do that at the moment. I want to know from you guys, what you expect from next year in iRacing. Tell me your story of 2018, your ideas, critics and what we can change or not change to make iRacing much greater as it is in our community again.

That's it for now. Again thanks to everyone!

I wish you all Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
With including Assetto Corsa in RSR community, and tried first race pre-league at eurospeedway, I lost interest in Project cars 2 because after Assetto Corsa PC2 felt like a NFS Shift 2 for me. Then I thought that I could try iRacing (my friend is a huge iRacing fan and he talked me about it for a few years but main reason that I did't drive iRacing is that in RSR there was no iRacing events) and took subscription for a month (few days ago), and get hooked how realistic looks like to drive, specially in VR.
After few days, I am have now D licence and enjoying Skip barber series, and Ferrari Challenge :) One race per night mostly.

I am really looking forward to see someday RSR iRacing league.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
nice recap of the year @grobi0815
my personal iRacing journey started late March early April this year, beside the closing of my VLMS journey with @Battenberg and @Darksi in rF2 which was also quite successfull.

after seeing a lot of our guys stream the iRacing special events, seeing some Racespot broadcasts and watching some streamers like Matt Malone i thought i also have to gibe it a go, especially as in iRacing I have races nearly at any time of the day, which suited me pretty good as I wasn't able to join much RSR events due to a lot of real life commitments.

i worked my way up the ladder pretty quick and started to get involved more and more in GT3 racing in IMSA and VRS GT, after doing a full season in VRS GT in the Audi in season 3 i thought it's time for a change and got myself into iLMS, as i bought a GTE car anyway for the Petit Le Mans, which was also around that time of the year.

Yeah, the Petit Le Mans, my first enduro in iRacing. With a lot of last minute line up changes it was me, @grobi0815 , @GoDATP and @SillySausage going for the 10 hours around Road Atlanta. We had lots of fun preparing and during the race. And in my opinion this is what RSR stands for, having a huge load of fun with people from all over the world and sharing a hobby, but be as competitive as possible at the same time. Unfortunately we weren't able to bring our strong pace to the finish with a DNF after the halfway mark.

i hope i am able to join more special events next year to drive again in an awesome team of ours, but i also have plans for my own things for the 2019 seasons such as continuing my iLMS Sprint Journey in the Porsche 911 and getting more into Indycar racing with the Friday Night SOF races in the Road/Oval mixed series.
Adding to that I am also planning to do the Daytona 500 (plans for my own RSR livery for the Camaro are already in the works)

So bring on 2019, let's hope it's a successful one

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
This year really meant the start of serious simracing for me, basically kicking off with some 2.4hr events here, then transitioning to the real iRacing 24 hours of Le Mans. I remember talking to @t0daY, doubting that I'd be able to do it because I'd never run anything longer than 2 1/2 hours. Despite this, he and a couple others encouraged me. So I got my license up, and we went out and did it, starting 21st(?) and finishing 17th or 18th, can't even remember. Nothing kicked off my interest in racing quite like that. Since then I've been getting deeper and deeper into iRacing with @Nismo and am looking forwards to Daytona.
Thanks for the great year, guys!
Happy holidays :D

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
I only seriously joined the iRacing train fairly late into the year, which was my first serious foray into team endurance racing. During this short time I've had some of the most enjoyable sim racing moments to date, building a great comradery with teammates new and old as well as developing a wonderful friendship with @grobi0815 which I look forward to continuing into the new year.

Here's the an even more successful and enjoyable 2019! See you all on track! :)

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
I haven't been part of RSR iRacing in 2018, but @grobi0815 keep asking me, so my plan is I am gonna do some more iRacing in 2019 and hopefully can do some more racing with you. I can't promise it will be great, but I will try my best. .)

I just got a little side project called running the AC leagues, but we will find time. :)

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have only started in iRacing in the later part of this year and am currently getting to grips with it and working on improving my driving on it. I am looking forward to continue that progression and take part in some endurance races next year.

Over the next couple of weeks got a lot going on (moving house) but hopefully this will leave me set for 2019 and some great racing with you all.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Manu told me I owned him a favour....I'm now doing the 24hrs Daytona in Jan.

In seriousness though, I like iRacing (though its very impersonal compared to our PC2 leagues). Watching JImmy Broadbent et al doing their endurance events really interests me in having a go. It's fun racing against people you know, but I think it might be even more fun racing with them. When do the team tracksuits arrive again? :)

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I only had 2 outings in iRacing this year: my traditional annual run in the Daytona 24 and a spot with the rookie crew at Le Mans. Both times I started the race, and both times I spun during my first stint :rolleyes:. Both lead to some really fun hero mode stints to climb back up the order in a bunched up field. We went on to have a good run in both races, even fighting for the win at Daytona in the final hours. All my teammates were super impressive this year. Some highlights included @GoDATP, @Nismo and @AndrexUK rise to the occasion on their debut, finishing their first 24 hr race in a huge and chaotic GTE field; @Alex du Plessis driving the best I've ever seen him, consistently sprinting at split leading race pace; and @1185323118 putting in the first ironman quadruple stint I've ever seen at RSR. Great stuff.

As ever, it's the team spirit that keeps you going, so I want to say a special thanks to all my team mates and other RSR members for supporting us in the streams and forums. With the new day/night features in iRacing released, I'm itching to get into preparing for my 4th Daytona 24 with RSR as soon as I get back in the new year.

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@grobi0815 kept bugging me to join him im iRacing. I had done some before but stopped and then restarted again,when I did I joined grobi here.

We finished our first race together at Spa in the BMW and moved to Sebring where we finished P1!

Joining for ELMS also at Sebring we finished P2 and again at COTA more recently P2 so its been a good start so far. Hopefully grobi has fixed his iRacing (I still think he secretly didn't want to drive COTA and made me do it :p ) we can score big again.

Thanks for inviting me :) !

Users who are viewing this thread