203 MPH in an Audi Estate??!! (1 Viewer)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Nice, very nice :D should be about real 190mph or 306kph for us metric folks ;) quite some speed!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Very nice indeed :pompous:

What's under the hood to do that then?

I remember one of the guys from SXOC once got his S13 with a heavily breathed on 1.8L engine up to 199mph and that took some serious money.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Very nice indeed :pompous:

What's under the hood to do that then?

If I'm not mistaken, it's a twin turbo 4.0 liter V8, producing a stock 552 bhp. With some software tuning, it's capable of roughly 700 bhp.

Last edited:

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Yes, It's the 5ltr V10 from the Gallardo with 2 turbos for the RS6. It's had a stage 2 MRC remap and filter, so is kicking out 724 BHP now. It's far too quick for the road, and I'm struggling to believe I actually am saying that, but it's an absolute beast. On a country road full throttle overtake, by the time you're past a couple of cars you're into triple digits on the speedo.

It was a car I've always wanted and it would have been rude not to have remapped it, just to say I had a car with over 700bhp. But it's not a lot of fun in normal driving. It's a tool for carrying stuff in a fair bit of luxury and at speed ;) but I miss the old Jag. I'm thinking it'll have to go before very long...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :pompous:

I know (to a far lesser extent) what you mean about 'too quick'. I started to feel the same even with my old 200SX, and that was only pushing out 350bhp. On country roads I was finding it difficult not to do 3-figure speeds (in kph, obviously *cough*) and that to have any sense of excitement, that's the sort of speeds that were necessary - it was all so far too composed to offer any hint of excitement at 'normal' speeds :(.

I miss my 106 GTi that I bought new in '97, for that thrill of going for a drive around my local roads. I'd never got anywhere 'that' quickly, but every journey was a pleasure, the destination arriving in a wave of trouser-fizz and adrenaline. It was a car that allowed you to extract every drop of performance and every bit of grip on every journey. You can't say that about many cars these days and certainly not on the more crowded roads we have down in the South East :eek:

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
It's hitting 100 in about 6 secs from a standing start, so from 30-40 behind traffic it's a couple of secs and you're going to lose your license.

I'm thinking very hard about swapping it back out for another F-Type. The V6 wasn't overly quick (0-60 - 4.8ish), but was just a lot of fun without being too quick.

Although my old Renault 5 1.1TL was that driving car for me. It was a bag of pants really, got to 60 in about a week, had suspension so soft we'd joke about getting the door handles down as we cornered, I'd drive it flat everywhere, hardly ever go quick enough to speed, but it was so much fun.

The good old days :)

Users who are viewing this thread