2080ti or wait.... (1 Viewer)

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
I know its stupid money ... cant believe Im even considering it but....

Almost bought a £900 2080ti via Amazon from Spain....

The card seems fine but I stopped myself because the rumours of 2080ti super which apparently now is not a thing anymore... so realistically I dont see a significant upgrade coming from nvidia anytime soon.... has someone heard anything that might suggest we will see something significantly more powerful in the next few months ?

My rig does get rather hot with the 1080ti regularly at 80-84c during PC2 sessions although it sleeps during iRacing as the 6700k is the bottleneck - apparently multicore is not a thing for iRacing ?

The Asus GEFORCE RTX 2080 TI ROG STRIX OC apparently can run full load at 63c in a room with ambient 21c.... that is something I definitely would pay extra for... £300 extra though........ but then what springs to mind is in for a penny in for a pound because if you are going to spend silly money you really do need to be happy with your purchase.... and if Im sitting here roasting again to the point I dont want to race it seems pointless.

The Valve index surely could use more horsepower than my Rift but Im still awaiting my lense inserts before I can even try it grrrr....

So any thoughts / recommendations on a 2080ti / hold off etc ?

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i am planning to upgrade my 1080....i will just wait at least a week for the Super 20xx cards arrive incl pricedrops

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I have 2080TI and runs acc maxed out with frame limit at 144, ac odissey runs at 2440p max details at 70-90 fps, same goes for the division 2 and dirt rally 2, bf 5 with ray tracing goes down to 55-60 :eek:, i felt relieved when they didn't announce a super 2080TI since i bought mine with new rig in may :D

Users who are viewing this thread