20th Jul 2017 - Historic BTCC (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
:singing:And we'll have funfunfun till the Manu takes the Sierra away:singing:
sniff... no turbo...:bigtears:

Last edited:

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
By the way @Cluck...
Count me in :D
you did it wrong!

For you it should be:

Name:
:chicken:
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? CluckeDOO!
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? CluuCluckeCluckCluck?:shy:
What Class do you want to drive? CluckA!

Do it right next time or else:
:shifty::chicken::rage:

:p

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Fan bloody tastic may not be able to attend due to possibly breaking my hand.. My own fault was trying to knock a post in with big hammer and as i took a big swing the hand holding the post took the full force.. I obviously missed the post lol...ill know more tomorow..

Fatih Kursat

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm in this event. Still thinking about le mans event :mad:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My hand is all good.. No broken bones.. Strangely i had a few beers on the night i did it woke up and my hand was okish lol.
(the moral of the story if you get hurt dont go to A&E get drunk youll feel better in the morning:D)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just ran a few laps to get a feel for the Merc - not driven it since the awesome Oulton Park event - and nudging into the 1m08s in time-trial and a MP quali session. Going to be a fun couple of races these :)

Topsie

Community Member
Reaction score
Will try to attend, but may not make it back in time.

Elodyr

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm in for this. Will suck but I'll try my best :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Only just got home from work so, understandably, I've had to give this race a miss. Quite annoying really, I had a lot of fun testing the Merc last night :(. Have a good pair of races everyone :)

Topsie

Community Member
Reaction score
Back late also and just done a few laps...I'm a liability in these cars, so will leave you guys to it. Enjoy!:)

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hell, never had a race like this where I battle not only 1, but several drivers for more than one lap! Really enjoyed it, haven't had a big dirty smile on my face for such a long time, literally made my week.
Maybe will do a personal race highlight sometime later. We really should get Murray Walker to commentate this :p (it was really funny when I confuse him with Gordon Murray..... They are all Murrays!)

Sorry to @Jonno brake a bit too late on second race first lap and took you out:(

And point out a error in the first post: Donington National seems to have 10 turns instead of 9......

Last edited:

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Had a look at replays I saved, somehow race 1 (without anyone quitting) had even more stationary cars than race 2 (maybe 3 people quitted session):facepalm: hopefully buggy replays are fixed in Pcars 2.
Another interesting shot:
4 wide.jpg

I guess this technically counts as 4 wide?:D

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@1185323118 mate dont worry about it.. Its only a game all in the name of fun and at least you apologised some dont
(im not pointing fingers btw im just saying some dont))) and for that i thank you for being honest..

Also on a side note to @FlyingKman dnfs and dns dont start race 2 on pole mo didnt finish race one as he ran out of fuel. But hey no harm...

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Wow what amazing pair of races, first of thanks to RSR and the members for this evening, it was amazing. Both races where incredibly intense, due the competition but the cars where really a handfull and you had to drive them with real care in order not to spin under braking or accelerating.

Oh and I noticed I was blowing in the mic all the time, sorry for that guys.

Hightlights race 1- Summary, Qualified midfield, had some very very good battles and overtakes. In the end for the P5 overtake, I had contact with @steveg200 and decided to wait, finished P12 afterwards.

00:00 – Medium start, but no first corner crashes, lost some places but was quickly P10 again.

01:17 – tight battle with @steveg200 g and @Ashnoom , after that bad exit deep overtake by Thomas who didn’t make the corner

02:35 @Ashnoom spins off, I take P9

02:50 @steveg200 got tagged in a battle in front, avasive in the chicane, made a mistake after that which costed me 2 places

03:45 Bad chicane entry and evasive line for @Jesper Ramsberg , after that very nice side by side multiple corner battle and laplong battle with @Jesper Ramsberg ! For P8, after that trying to overtake @Thomas Sikora for 5 laps.

05:40: Finally a chance to overtake!

06:08: Mistake by @steveg200 and considering overtake, but I backed out.

06:39: Another attempt to overtake @steveg200 , this time resulting in contact and steve hitting the wall, after that decided to drive slowly for the next couple laps and give back the position. In the end fell back quite alot and finished P12.

Highlights race 2 – just watch it all it was epic! One of the most intense racing I’ve done at RSR! Had alot of fun. After the start I fell down to P19 due to the crash, after that fought my way to P3! Watch the video and enjoy!

00:00 Race start crash and so on

01:20 almost pile up at first corner second lap and side by side battle

02:00 hit by @Feanor and side by side first corner, very cleanly 118!

Pass 03:00 on @Laiders went to wide in order to keep space due to possible understeer

03:41: small tag on the back of @Nakor , didn’t thought I hit you but in the replay it was indeed the case, I should’ve waited there for you, my fault. Pass on Nakor and clean side by side with @Mark Baggaley

04:20: Mess up chicane, and under pressure by @Battenberg , with a nice battle, got passed.

05:30 Nice battle P8-P13 Pand first corner misery for steve and Mark, after that battle with Battenberg who had contact with @FlyingKman . 2 dogs fighting over a bone… and the 3rd…

06:50 Mess up chicane and 1st corner, nice battle with @The Wayfaerer and then quick pass on Thomas Sikora after a mistake of his.

08:00 Now in P5 due to mistake of @Fatih Kursat

08:10 and forth a very good battle with @SirHunterOne and extremekarter for P3

In the end finished P3!

Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sorry I had to leave the 2nd race but had to go rip down the set up for Olly Murs.

The first race was pretty good, the pace of the front runners was blisteringly quick, but not quick enough to lap me hahaha.
I was super quick off the line & had gained 3 places by the first corner, shame I got wheelspin coming down the hill, had to venture onto the grass to keep the car straight, by the time I rejoined I was firmly in last place, head down smash in some consistent laps, managed to get back up to 12th place by the end if memory serves. Shout out to @MelBonkers for avoiding me in turn 1 mid way through the race, I locked the brakes & came sailing into a 3 way battle somehow managing to avoid contact with everyone.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Please sir, can I have some more! :) How fun was that?! Flogging great cars sideways, door-to-door for the entire race - doesn't get better then that. I thought I'd arrived in my own E30 with the pace I had in qualifying but in the end I couldn't care less, it was so much fun I don't even remember or care what position I finished.

Unfortunately I got disconnected while trying to keep up with @Battenberg in race 2 but it wasn't the end of the world because I was running late for work anyway (and race 1 was so good it makes up for it).

I included a picture of my own car because I want to.

I had to include this video of a Spec E30 racer I watch on YouTube because his excited animations every time he races makes me think this is what @MelBonkers is like while races. Always great to hear him having so much fun while racing. :D

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@SillySausage I'm laughing my pants off overhere! What a brilliant video! This evening I'll post my review of yesterday's race with and videos with some awesome action! Thoroughly enjoyed the races yesterday, although I had 0 practise and couldn't get the right feel of the cars.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
@SillySausage I'm laughing my pants off overhere! What a brilliant video! This evening I'll post my review of yesterday's race with and videos with some awesome action! Thoroughly enjoyed the races yesterday, although I had 0 practise and couldn't get the right feel of the cars.
He's like that in every one of his videos haha! He's always so pumped and happy to be closely racing... just like you! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread