20th Oct 2016 - Czech Grand Prix (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
In default setup, it means that we don't touch tyres pressure also?
Correct, the only thing we need to check is that we all have max fuel, every other setting is default. I think the default setup does have max fuel but need to confirm.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh I really should try and attend this one, look what has pride of place in my office :)

DSCN5830.JPG

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Started with a full tank (100L) and ran a few laps (lap 5 is actually the 6th lap, as the outlap doesn't count) in a MP session set up with the race conditions. This was in Free Practice 1.

Still can't get a handle on the circuit and some of the corners are a little tricky with the Rift but I do still adore the car (aside from all the mis-shifts I keep doing, trying to change gear too quickly :eek:)

B

Blue Monkey

Correct, the only thing we need to check is that we all have max fuel, every other setting is default. I think the default setup does have max fuel but need to confirm.
Mine didn't - it had 50 l - but iirc we do anyways the thing where everyone has to put the sliders to max and press save

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thought I'd give the default setup a go in time trial. 2m00.516s, a new WR. Totally default setup except for fuel (set to 5L as per TT displayed amount).

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Started with a full tank (100L) and ran a few laps (lap 5 is actually the 6th lap, as the outlap doesn't count) in a MP session set up with the race conditions. This was in Free Practice 1.

Still can't get a handle on the circuit and some of the corners are a little tricky with the Rift but I do still adore the car (aside from all the mis-shifts I keep doing, trying to change gear too quickly :eek:)

So my lap of 2:04.404 not to shabby at all, that was lap 6 and from the looks of things the aliens should get 9 laps in if they dont pit in qualy in the alotted time. Although I know I can get better, 20 mins of racing only on default setup + 100l.

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
2:03.912 that is another .5 secs better think that is my limit for now and it is bed time in any case another 20min session so 40 min total well i will be damned, car gets quite squirly in the corners when really pushing it, need some more practice to learn how to cope with that but no more time left. :(

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The only time I have problems with the car is when downshifting and not matching the revs with a good blip of the throttle. That tends to create a shift-lock, resulting in a rather dramatic tank-slapper or spin. I don't doubt I'll be doing a few of those in the race tomorrow :eek:.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Gentalmans agreement is fine with me as i cant set up the cars on pcars to save my life i allways run defaults lol...

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The only time I have problems with the car is when downshifting and not matching the revs with a good blip of the throttle. That tends to create a shift-lock, resulting in a rather dramatic tank-slapper or spin. I don't doubt I'll be doing a few of those in the race tomorrow :eek:.
Get rid of your TT exploits :p

Kebs

Community Member
Reaction score
Its a shame i can't attend tonight.... i practiced yesterday abit and then i realized that my thorttle pedal was broken or "worn" out. I still have a little over a year of warranty on my wheel so i'll see if i'll get a new one for tonight :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Its a shame i can't attend tonight.... i practiced yesterday abit and then i realized that my thorttle pedal was broken or "worn" out. I still have a little over a year of warranty on my wheel so i'll see if i'll get a new one for tonight :)

Fingers crossed :)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I found 15 minutes to try few laps, and I really like this car and track combo. I am glad that you forced default setup, so I don't need extra time to just get nervous setting up a car :)
I managed to do 2:04 in racing conditions and I am happy about it. Already saved 100l fuel setting, so tonight is just about the race.

See you on track!!!

P.S.
My right tyres are too cold all the time. I assume that's normal with default setup?

Kebs

Community Member
Reaction score
They didn't have the same wheel in storage so they just gave me my money back. I just ordered a new one it should be here by the start of next week.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
As I got my PC up and running again I did intend to show up Tuesday and today but both evening have been hijacked by family probs I'm sorry to say.

Especially like the idea of default setup for all - hope we try that again some other race.

Have fun all :)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I am so sad, can't make it tonight. Have fun guys.

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
WTF----such good pace, could hold the 7th.... however...don't know what happens, i loose my controls, wheel and brake. @FlyingKman saw it after the S/F in lap 3 or 4, no brakes no turing, directly into the wall :mad:

however it is a complete other driving if you are constantly above 100fps. Looking forward to the 30th :)

Edit...saw now what happens, the powerconnector was not full plugged in...

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What a race! 20 laps, 3 cars, all within a second :wideyed: @t0daY @Blue Monkey that was brilliant!

I'm sorry for the contact Jan :( That's something we really need to tackle for pCARS 2! I didn't know if the car was spinning, drifting, crabbing or lagging. It looked so strange I didn't know how to react properly, and got it wrong :confused: glad you could finish on the podium.

Anyway the fighting was awesome and super clean!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Awesome! AWEsome! AWESOME! @Puffpirat and @Blue Monkey that was damn crazy. Will do a proper video with the replay, tv cam and onboards, that was just WOW. :O :O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread