20th Oct 2016 - Czech Grand Prix (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Results are online, you can find them here :) Again awesome race guys and very good and clean first lap :p

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
My Apologies for my start had a stuck throttle pedal then into turn one throttle got stuck again and was unable to brake in time other than that a few mini spins and 13th overall best race for me in a long time.

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Well that was eventful, qualified mid pack and tried to take a conservative route through turn 1 but took a fairly hefty hit in the rear and ended up sailing through the gravel, nearly rolling and ending up rejoining in 21st.

After that it was mostly just battling through the field, I think I probably had the pace to be racing with @steveg200 and @FlyingKman but never quite got there. In the end a couple of little half spins and a couple of minor contact incidents with others setup a grandstand finish with me bearing down on @Laiders at between 0.5 and 1 second a lap for the last 7 or 8 laps of the race capped off with a last corner pass for 9th.

A fun if frustrating race for me, I feel I could have been vying for a top 5 if it wasn't for some bad luck and the odd mistake but I will take 9th.

Video to follow!

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well that was an intense race. Despite no passing or being passed between about lap 6 and 19.9, I was pushing the whole time. Perhaps I was trying too hard to catch @Ashnoom and worn the tyres out. Then I had to try and find some remaining grip to keep ahead of @Pamellaaa.

As we came onto the final lap @Pamellaaa was right in behind me. I made the car as wide as possible and thought I'd just got away with it until the final left-right. I knew if I took the racing line into the left I'd get passed up the inside, so went defensive to the inside on the brakes, @Pamellaaa went to the outside on the braking, made it stick round the outside and had the inside line for the final dash across the line, brilliant stuff!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Loved that, even in spite of running more than half the race in no-man's land - very slowly catching miagi but pulling away from the KMan/SteveG battle. Qualified way off the pace as I forgot to take my shoes off and had full-on stompy feet with no idea what pedal I was pressing! Were it not for some nasty missed gears (which popped the car into neutral) a couple of times, I could have been up with miagi and had a nice fight, but it was not to be. The car is a bit of a handful with full manual clutch h-shifting but I love it to bits. Still, after another 20 laps, I just do not like the Brno circuit :(. One day, I might put a good lap in and it will suddenly 'click' with me, who knows.

Considering my lack of consistency - and woeful lack of practice - I was pretty pleased with 5th place in the end :).

Hats off to Puff, he had fantastic pace - as did Manu and Blue. I doubt I'd have been troubling them even if I had qualified a bit more realistically. Your pace was just amazing guys and I could see, from the driver labels, just how close a race you three were having up front, it must have been pretty amazing :).

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Mmm I normally get to watch a few fun videos of the previous nights endeavours by now - where are they slackers :)

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Great car. Not thrilled by the track but it made for an awesome combo considering the default setup agreement.
My replay attached pretty scrappy on my part. @Laiders I hope I didn't impede your race too much.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I can give you a text recap of my 20 laps if you like?

Started 6th, kept up with the leading pack for the first lap. Grabbed a bag full of neutrals going into one turn, forcing me onto the grass/gravel. Crept back out onto the track, in 11th. Ramiboo spun. I overtook a couple of cars quite quickly. Got past SteveG, started chasing down KMan. Got close. Grabbed a bag full of neutrals and ran wide at the 2nd-last turn, allowing SteveG back past. Quickly caught up, passed them both after they had a little intimate moment going into turn 1. That was lap 7. For the next 13 laps I did nothing. Crept slowly up to Miagi, but every time I got within 10 seconds, I would grab a bag full of neutrals again and drop back down to a 12 second gap.

I've tried to spice it up a bit but it really was that uneventful :D.

EDIT : Perhaps the top 3 guys aren't posting their videos because they weren't running the full 100L fuel load :rolleyes: ;) :p :D

(I'm not seriously suggesting that anybody cheated and ran lower fuel by the way - you lot should know my sense of humour by now!)

Last edited:

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
B

Blue Monkey

What a battle for P1 - 3 guys fighting it out for 20 laps

Qualifying:

The lap presented in the video was not my last go, after a cooldown lap, I started my last go and messed it up, I was 0.4 ahead in Sector 2 but slided in the last 2 corners. Top 3 was within 0.2 sec with @Puffpirat being pole sitter. No joke: I kinda wished to start on the inside, still in Qualifying I aimed for the pole.

Race start:
  • Got a good getaway, better than @Puffpirat & @t0daY. In the mirror I just saw a car blasting off the line (@miagi), wow what a getaway there, hats off ^^ As I was off the line a tad better than @Puffpirat and I was on the inside, I could easily take the lead into Turn 1 / 2 :p
  • My first real lap was a 2:01.407 - faster than my qualifying time ^^
  • For a couple of laps I could build a lead of around 2 seconds, until I lost it piece by piece and @Lap 9, @Puffpirat caught me with @t0daY on his bumper
  • I tried my best at defending so they couldn't get me. And I hoped that @t0daY would attack @Puffpirat and I could get away again
  • Unfortunately I spun Lap 11 in the 2nd last corner due overshooting the corner and trying to slow the car down with an additional downshift. In the process (and mainly because of netcode) @Puffpirat couldn't avoid my car and rammed me. I rejoined nearly 3 seconds behind and with 27 Aero damage (at least thats what the profiler showed me)
  • I could barely hold the pace but around 3 laps before the end I lost them both, because of lapped cars

Still I have to say: Thank you for that awesome battle @t0daY @Puffpirat - what an awesome race :D

Last edited by a moderator:

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm going to forget I ever did this race.....

Thursdays is always a bit of a rush for me getting the MiniBoo's in bed in time to get down and join the lobby. I managed to get a record time of 25 minutes for bath time drying hair and stories. Unfortunately that's the quickest I was going to be all night!

I too was driving manual clutch and stick shift and was having great fun heal-toeing my way around Brno, I didn't get the best out of Quali and should have been pretty easily in the 2:01's. Cluck's shoe removal caught me out starting my last flying lap. But hey 5th place was ok. I got a good start and managed to get Miagi round the first few corners to take 4th. I was still settling in the race a bit and seeing the battle ahead was good incentive to try to hang on to it. I missed a down shift going into the long left (T6) and it kicked the car into a slide that never ended until I was stationary. I rejoined but I think the spike in tyre temp meant that it caught me out again 2 corners later and unfortunately spun in front of someone that had no where to go, sorry for that. I pitted, put on some new tyres, (with slightly lower right side pressures xD ) and got back underway. I caught up pretty quickly and was thinking that I could salvage something from the event when I noticed my OBS was displaying my hold picture. I have a shortcut to bring it up so I tried to press it and accidentally hit ESC. A moment of WTF happened before I hit ESC again and resumed but it was enough to send me wide into the next corner and a half spin. Ok, F1 I need to press not ESC, so tried again, was not working and I didn't know why. This was now consuming too much of my brain so I decided to stop dicking about and get on with the job. I was ticking off the laps quite well, until probably just around the half way point when I came across @SirHunterOne. I overtook him pretty easily, he saw me coming and gave me space, then I span, doh, So I caught him again and went past, this time it was a little harder as @SirHunterOne remembered what happened last time and was obviously already getting a bit bored of me. I think I did this about 4 times in the end, so I'm pretty sure @SirHunterOne never whats to see me on track again..... :p

I should have finished comfortably in the top 10, as I had good pace and should have gotten past @Pamellaaa and @Laiders before the finish, but driving like a arse wasn't the way of going about that.

I'm glad you all had a good race, but don't go on about it..... :D:D:D

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I had a good race Ramiboo :)

I'm getting the feeling you had a few mishaps changing gears Cluck :p
Almost as many gear changing mishaps as Ramiboo had spins :eek:. His first off happened almost at exactly the same time as mine, I was just a second behind him! The wheels on this car insta-lock if don't get the revs right on a downshift!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have moved all 'autoclutch' discussion posts to here. Please use that thread to continue this discussion (thanks to Blue Monkey for starting that thread :))

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I will move us back in topic then, have my video of the race, I have even bothered to trim the rubbish off and put titles on this time!

Time stamps:
00:18 decent start but the space on the left soon vanished
00:30 conservative line into t1, big impact from behind but amazingly 0 damage
01:30 catch the pack up, a spin in front gains me a place, battling starts here.
03:50 @ramiboo misfortune begins
04:00 another spinner
04:40 start of half a lap side by side with @Invincible
06:05 finally make the move stick
08:00 first battle with @Laiders
08:50 defensive driving needed
09:55 laiders misjudged braking slightly (his words, not mine) no harm done to me
10:10 spun car tries to rejoin across the racing line directly in front of me, few second time delay to wait for cars

Lunchbreak is over so I can't go through the rest but there are one or two self inflicted half spins and an intense chase down and last lap battle for 9th with laiders in the remaining 30 minutes of video ;)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I had a fantastic start from 21st to 13th.. Only spin out a few corners later i must say to @Mark Baggaley well avoided could of been bad for both of us lol...as soon as it started to spin i knew i couldnt catch it so i just powerd on to try an avoid everyone..least i managed not to finish last i had a few little battles with a few people i belive at one point i went side by side with someone for practicly a whole lap (i think it was @Battenberg ) but cant be sure any how i achived my goal of not finishing last lol.. I was hoping to not get lapped and held out untill the last corner lol were i forgot to change gear...all fun tho....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread