Project CARS 2 21st Jan 2018: Holiday in the Algarve (1 Viewer)

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I give my slot to a reserve driver. @Stokemon are you ready? :)
Reason: Not enough time to prepare.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Is anybody elses fuel guage not working in the Ginetta?

We won't need to pit for fuel will we because I will have a hard time telling when without a fuel guage lol

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I give my slot to a reserve driver. @Stokemon are you ready? :)
Reason: Not enough time to prepare.

As ready as I ever am these days. Looking forward to the race. Shame you can't take part, thank you for your place :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Did anyone already got some practice in? I am running some times and I want to know how they stack up. In the Caterham that is.
1m40-flat in time trial but with mistakes, so 1m39 is probably more realistic for me (1m41 was my best on default setup, albeit after only 4 laps). Race pace, from a few laps, was 1m42 on a full tank but I haven't done anything like a full stint and won't have the time to do so, so I'll be going into the night section completely "blind" in terms of how the car behaves. I've cobbled together a setup that I can drive comfortably - it's basically the TT setup but with the radiator opened up and with a full tank of fuel.

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
1m40-flat in time trial but with mistakes, so 1m39 is probably more realistic for me (1m41 was my best on default setup, albeit after only 4 laps). Race pace, from a few laps, was 1m42 on a full tank but I haven't done anything like a full stint and won't have the time to do so, so I'll be going into the night section completely "blind" in terms of how the car behaves. I've cobbled together a setup that I can drive comfortably - it's basically the TT setup but with the radiator opened up and with a full tank of fuel.
1m42.0 is my fastest yet on a full tank too (I hope you don't mind me borrowing your TT setup to desecrate;)) , I truly detest this track though... its one of those layouts that just try's trick you with deceptively tight corners :dead:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
you can do what you like with the setup, you should know that I have no idea what I'm doing :D

Kebs

Community Member
Reaction score
i wont be attending this race after all sorry guys.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm most likely out too. My Pc crashes after 30 - 60 minutes playtime under higher load. No blue screen. It just freezes and restarts after half a minute. I'm open to ideas how to fix this. Temperatures were still okay, 60 - 65°C GPU, CPU maxed out at 55°C. Load was mostly around 70 - 80 % GPU, CPU below 60 %. :(

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
I won't be making it either sorry, don't have enough time to practice and just can't get to grips with the car/track. A Ginetta spot is now open.

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah my times are a bit the same. My fastest guick time was a 1:40:1 with some mistakes. Full fuel runs are a low 1:42 with sometimes a few laps in the 1:41.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am really disapointed but i think i'll not make it tonight :(.

I have some guests arriving in some minutes and i think this willl be an all-day affair.

Put me in reserve pls...

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Please give my space to someone else. My pc is f***ed Up. No Matter which game, it crashes at some point. It even did it twice now while sitting nearly idle in Windows.
I don't want to block a space for someone else if my chance that my pc lets me drive over the full race distance is less than 5%.

Have fun guys.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Please give my space to someone else. My pc is f***ed Up. No Matter which game, it crashes at some point. It even did it twice now while sitting nearly idle in Windows.
I don't want to block a space for someone else if my chance that my pc lets me drive over the full race distance is less than 5%.

Have fun guys.
Could be Spectre/Meltdown related. There are reports of AMD systems crashing after the latest windows patches. Best bet would be to flash the newest bios.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ginetta guys: Is the default good enough for this race? Anything obvious I'll need to tweak?

I'm on the fence about racing tonight, I think I might have had enough driving for a while!

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Ginetta guys: Is the default good enough for this race? Anything obvious I'll need to tweak?

I'm on the fence about racing tonight, I think I might have had enough driving for a while!

Be ready that front left tyre is gone in 30minutes
Otherwise is good enough

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm going to withdraw as well. I've currently at my office getting a PC back up and running for a customer, so that it is ready for them when they get in at stupid o'clock in the morning tomorrow. I couldn't face doing it yesterday. Have a good race everyone :)

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
I couldn't get a lap in without traffic during qually but just managed to get 2nd at the end think it was .009 behind :D.
Great Race until it got really wet, 1/2 downforce was a death sentence and I had no grip at all for the last half an hour, Really good fun though and was nice to try out the old season 2 car in the new game :)

Last edited:

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
That was a weird race...

Race Facts:
1) 75 minutes on the Autodromo Internacional do Algarve (= 42 laps)
2) Multiclass: Caterham SP300 + Ginetta G40 GT5
3) Weather: dry and wet (at the same time)
4) Quali: P6 being 2.5 seconds of the pace :jawdrop:
5) Race: Was relatively consistent with only one spin. :joyful:
6) Tires and Fuel: One full tank + 1 set of slicks
7) Result: I won! :stig:

Lessons Learned:
1) I'm not good at this track. :( (Although I kind of like it.)
2) Speed difference between the Caterham and the Ginetta is quite alot. :wideyed: (Still fun though.)
3) Had no trouble with lapped cars. :) (Thanks everyone.)
4) Driving the Caterham in the wet is horrid. :vomit:
5) Driving the Caterham in the dry is ok. :meh:
6) Driving the Caterham in the dry when it should be wet: AMAZING!!! :D (Thank you LiveTrack)
7) Lapping all those annoyingly fast drivers is strangely satisfying. :punch:
8) Winning under these conditions is rather unsatisfying. :sorry:

Conclusion:
LiveTrack is broken when it has to change between dry and wet track. :facepalm:
And personally I don't quite trust the system to give everyone the same conditions even when the whole session has the same weather either. It is just a small factor in the dry, when it's just some dirt on the road, but a huge difference in the wet where the amout of water on the track and especially the position and size of puddles can be worth seconds.

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
Well that was an interesting night of racing... :O

First of all apologies for the TS chatter last night i just couldn't believe what I was seeing when that rain came...

It started off with a pitstop issue where the game just didn't use the pit strategy I asked for (Was selected in the menu and the ICM) although I requested the stop on the last corner so maybe it was too late?

Then the evil LiveTrack, basically my thoughts are that the track develops at a different rate for everyone when the weather slots change, I think it was Ash that mentioned that the last few laps he started to feel the wet track whereas Feanor never got the rain and I had aquaplaning from 30mins till the end. I imagine that if the race went on longer Feanor would have begun to feel a wet track and Ash would have had the issues I had where I was swimming round. I also noticed that TheWanted was driving round a lot faster than me but it still looked like he was driving in light rain, he just wasn't as planted or fast as the leaders so i think it wasn't just dry or wet but there were in-between conditions for people.

I mean just to put in perspective how mental the difference was in this race Feanor overcame a 10s-15s deficit to pass me round the outside on slicks in the rain within a lap and 5 mins later he lapped me o_O

I also had some really weird tyre temp issues where they would be cooking at like 120 degrees and 2 corners later cool down to 70 degrees, it doest make sense to me, its not like the track was dry cause i was still aquaplaning on every turn.

I just really hope this race isn't ranked because the difference was massive for certain people, theres no way me and the other guys who got knackered by the LiveTrack could have held their positions through the 'Rain' when there were still dry times being posted. It just wasn't fair i don't think :(

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it didn't use my selected pit strategy either, it didn't change the tyres at all. I had big puddles at every apex, not that I could get to the apex with slicks on. This game is starting to be worse than the first one.

Users who are viewing this thread