Project CARS 2 22nd Feb 2018 - Stormclouds Over Stowe (1 Viewer)

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Hujkis
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Name: Nakor

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
NewName: Ranjanado

Berserker

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: [Berserker]
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? [Yes]
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? [Yes]

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Question related to gentleman's agreement : are we allowed to change setup through the ICM? I mean TC, ABS and brake bias. Same for fuel & tyre compound?

Question related to random weather : is Pcars 2 sensible enough that a blizzard is very unlikely to occur in August? :p

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Question related to gentleman's agreement : are we allowed to change setup through the ICM? I mean TC, ABS and brake bias. Same for fuel & tyre compound?

Question related to random weather : is Pcars 2 sensible enough that a blizzard is very unlikely to occur in August? :p
The gentleman's agreement is such that we will all run with the same setup at the start of the race. You are required, if you pit for new tyres, to fit the same compound as you start with.

We cannot prevent people making changes via ICM but, given that these items are locked out when a forced default setup lobby is in use, it is advised NOT to change any settings in here, re. traction control, brake bias or ABS.

Anybody caught flouting these rules will be penalised so please don't try and get away with it, we're here to have fun not to be ultra-competitive, with a "win at all costs" mentality :)

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: CrisBCros

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
Since we are racing in light rain conditions - are we allowed to use wet tyres?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I haven't tried it yet but if rain normal tyres are good enough in light rain (which they can be, as the track can often drain light rain away quickly enough) then we will run slicks. If rain build up is too much, then we will run wet tyres. Whatever the outcome, all drivers must select the same tyre. The key thing we are trying to achieve is a level playing field and that doesn't work if people run different tyres, tyre pressures, fuel loads, etc etc. :)

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The gentleman's agreement is such that we will all run with the same setup at the start of the race. You are required, if you pit for new tyres, to fit the same compound as you start with.

We cannot prevent people making changes via ICM but, given that these items are locked out when a forced default setup lobby is in use, it is advised NOT to change any settings in here, re. traction control, brake bias or ABS.

Anybody caught flouting these rules will be penalised so please don't try and get away with it, we're here to have fun not to be ultra-competitive, with a "win at all costs" mentality :)
I understand and totally agree with this. This is the way I see default setup races so I'll definetly stick to it. I was asking about that because for the M1 Procar event @ Barcelona we were allowed to choose tyre compound so I wanted to know if it was the same here. Your next post actually answer that ;) Just FYI I can tell you from testing that soft slicks are definetly driveable and quicker than wets. Could be nice if all these are agreed during the briefing! :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I understand and totally agree with this. This is the way I see default setup races so I'll definetly stick to it. I was asking about that because for the M1 Procar event @ Barcelona we were allowed to choose tyre compound so I wanted to know if it was the same here. Your next post actually answer that ;) Just FYI I can tell you from testing that soft slicks are definetly driveable and quicker than wets. Could be nice if all these are agreed during the briefing! :)

Adjusted the Gentlemen's Agreement:
Gentlemen's Agreement: Default Setup
- You are permitted to use either default 'stable' or 'loose setup'
- You may choose between the tire compounds
- You must set the fuel level to maximum

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'm still not on driver list, which is OK, since I still haven't got time to do time trials for the cup...
Enjoy the Stowe! I'll be doing some TT laps.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Looks like I'm still not on driver list, which is OK, since I still haven't got time to do time trials for the cup...
Enjoy the Stowe! I'll be doing some TT laps.

Oh, that would be my mistske then. Seems like your registration slipped through. Sure you do not want to participate? :)

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
Since I can‘t find time to practice I guess it‘s better to pull out. I do not like to be the one...:bag:

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh, that would be my mistske then. Seems like your registration slipped through. Sure you do not want to participate? :)
Nah, it's fine. Not much time these days. I'll be ready for the cup though ;)

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This will be hopefully my first race on my brand new PC, and what a start on my favorite class/car GT4 Ginetta...

I'm not expecting to be competitive against the cayman on a fast track like Silverstone where they should dominate on the straights, but, i'll do my best and i hope to have some company with me in the anti-cayman-league :D!

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This will be hopefully my first race on my brand new PC, and what a start on my favorite class/car GT4 Ginetta...

I'm not expecting to be competitive against the cayman on a fast track like Silverstone where they should dominate on the straights, but, i'll do my best and i hope to have some company with me in the anti-cayman-league :D!

I will be joining in a non cayman.

Users who are viewing this thread