Project CARS 2 22nd Feb 2018 - Stormclouds Over Stowe (1 Viewer)

firefly

Community Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen's Agreement: Default Setup^
- You are permitted to use either default 'stable' or 'loose setup'
- You may choose between the tire compounds
- You must set the fuel level to maximum

Some questions just to be sure.
The only thing that we are allowed to change are the tires compounds? No brake pressure & brake balance? (can we change brake balance while driving with these cars?)

Do we also have to set fuel to maximum in qualifying?

also one last thing. Is this something you guys practice for, or is this just a casual fun social kinda thing? It says "ranked event" but I thought that's just gotta do with the badge.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Some questions just to be sure.
The only thing that we are allowed to change are the tires compounds? No brake pressure & brake balance? (can we change brake balance while driving with these cars?)

Do we also have to set fuel to maximum in qualifying?

also one last thing. Is this something you guys practice for, or is this just a casual fun social kinda thing? It says "ranked event" but I thought that's just gotta do with the badge.

1. If you can adjust the brake balance while in the car you are allowed to change it. Brake pressure stays default.
2. Nope, just for the race
3. Every 'Ranked Event' will go to our Stats Page. It depends if you are a fan of stats or not. Furthermore, in every ranked and/or league event all of our rules apply to assure a nice and clean event for everyone :)

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I actually have a question i can take already before the driver briefing...

do all cars have the same fuel tank size? since we will be driving with full tanks, if that is not case it could give an unfair advantage to cars with smaller tanks (if that is the case). If they have he same fuel tank size, disregard my question :D

Zemke

Community Member
Reaction score
Called in sick for work today, which means I can attend this fun race! I hope it's not too late to sign up.

Name: Zemke
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Love the Driving Standards!
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yup!

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
Called in sick for work today, which means I can attend this fun race! I hope it's not too late to sign up.

that's commitment...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I actually have a question i can take already before the driver briefing...

do all cars have the same fuel tank size? since we will be driving with full tanks, if that is not case it could give an unfair advantage to cars with smaller tanks (if that is the case). If they have he same fuel tank size, disregard my question :D
Whichever car you select, you must fill the tank to the maximum.

If somebody selects a car with a larger fuel tank and is at a disadvantage, it is their fault for not testing ;)

Peter Bennett

Community Member
Reaction score

Name: Zemke
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Love the Driving Standards!
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yup!

I don't think you were the only one @Mancspartan haha

Loxias

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Loxias
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry I'm pulling out last min. But just have some real life to deal with.

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Nooo... my internet has just gone down. I’ll try and join ASAP, just giving you a heads up in case it’s off for a few hours or more.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
good races :).

I just want to give my massive apology to i believe @2scoops as i totally bined it on T3 around 5min into race 2. I lost my car on the T2 kink went to grass outside to avoid spinning right there but could not break in time so my car rejoined the track on T3 and went straight into i believe your car.

I was glad to see you did well for the rest of the race, regardless of that, this was subpar to the standard i want to keep while racing :/.

firefly

Community Member
Reaction score

Here is my POV from the second race.

For the first race I chose the supra and I didn't realize how slow it was until I changed to the porche. That was a massive difference. Had a great race fighting all the way to the end. I made a video containing the best highlights from the race, so that anyone with even a short attention span can watch it :). Good first race for me in this crew. Hopefully many more to come.

props to @The Wayfaerer and @jamesl91

Also I wanted to touch on this before others would. I realize that I came really close to cutting a corner two times (or actually I cut it them, because I'm not sure what the rule is exactly. Is it 4 wheels off, or 3 wheels off? Because I think I went 3 wheels off but not 4 wheels since the front wheel would be on track again when the rear wheel would go off.). At the time I didn't really notice because I was paying attention to something else. Also at the part where i went super wide (because i was following the guy in front of me!) I lifted and made sure that I didn't gain anything, so I hope that's fair.

If these things are an issue, then I'm fine with taking responsibility. In the end all I care about is that I had a fun race. I could've just cut those video clips out to hide my mistakes, but that would be wrong.

Last edited:

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Also I wanted to touch on this before others would. I realize that I came really close to cutting a corner two times (or actually I cut it them, because I'm not sure what the rule is exactly. Is it 4 wheels off, or 3 wheels off? Because I think I went 3 wheels off but not 4 wheels since the front wheel would be on track again when the rear wheel would go off.).

Here in RSR the rule is 2 wheels inside white line

Reactions: Tom

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
that was some great racing, for the first time racing online I actually felt like I was involved in a race! (I'm used to getting left behind and driving round on my own). There seemed to be battles going on all through the field and it was great to be a part of it.

I was waiting to see how these races went before signing up for the Cup, needless to say I put my entry in for that almost immediately after we finished.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
good races :).

I just want to give my massive apology to i believe @2scoops as i totally bined it on T3 around 5min into race 2. I lost my car on the T2 kink went to grass outside to avoid spinning right there but could not break in time so my car rejoined the track on T3 and went straight into i believe your car.

I was glad to see you did well for the rest of the race, regardless of that, this was subpar to the standard i want to keep while racing :/.

It's no problem @drukqs just one of those racing things, I could see you were having problems, I was half expecting it when I turned in but hoped you would miss lol :D

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Race 1 was good fun, with some excellent swapping of P2/P3 with @Taorminator . A silly mistake a couple of laps before the end, braking too hard into the corner onto the back straight meant our fight was done and I settled for P3. More than I was expecting as I had done the sum total of 5 proper laps in the wet.

Race 2 started with @t0daY getting the drop on me into turn 1 and I was having fun in the 1st lap watching the front 3 battle away. Unfortunately, it turns out I'd loaded the 'loose' setup and was trying to drive the car the way I'd been driving the 'Stable' setup in quali. Yeah, er, that didn't work out very well :D . Lost control in the 1st sector and waited for the whole field to come past, since there was no safe way of rejoining the pack until they were through. But that time spend waiting saw to it that me tyres were now useless, having dropped way below optimum so, combined with the different setup, I had almost no control. Spun it out of the final corner and straight into the pit wall. With just 16 minutes left, there was no hope of doing anything other than coming last, at least a lap down, so I retired to the pits to uphold my proud tradition of DNF :D

Users who are viewing this thread