Project CARS 2 22nd Feb 2018 - Stormclouds Over Stowe (1 Viewer)

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great stuff guys! Again another action packed race :) It was quite an achievement for me with my first pole and first two podiums!

Race 1 : Started P2, I was quickly hunted by @Cluck and that was one of the most intense battles I had so far! I think we swapped positions 3 times and it kept going for nearly the entire race. I was finally relieved to see in my mirrors he did a mistake so I could bring that P2 home :)

Race 2 : Started on pole, this time it was @t0daY 's turn to hunt me. The pace was crazy and there was no room for mistakes. We had a contact after the first overtaking attempt and @t0daY decided to wait and give back the position. Because of that I wanted to thank you for your sportsmanship! :) I tried my best to contain him but I lost P1 near the end of the race after that we fought for position until the end. I would have been glad to have one more lap but I think this is the logical outcome to the race so no regrets :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great stuff guys! Again another action packed race :) It was quite an achievement for me with my first pole and first two podiums!

Race 1 : Started P2, I was quickly hunted by @Cluck and that was one of the most intense battles I had so far! I think we swapped positions 3 times and it kept going for nearly the entire race. I was finally relieved to see in my mirrors he did a mistake so I could bring that P2 home :)

Race 2 : Started on pole, this time it was @t0daY 's turn to hunt me. The pace was crazy and there was no room for mistakes. We had a contact after the first overtaking attempt and @t0daY decided to wait and give back the position. Because of that I wanted to thank you for your sportsmanship! :) I tried my best to contain him but I lost P1 near the end of the race after that we fought for position until the end. I would have been glad to have one more lap but I think this is the logical outcome to the race so no regrets :)

The incident was to 100% my fault. More than fair to wait for you :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Puh, what a race! After 3 hours of sorting out stats, results, league results and other boring admin stuff I can finally write my race report!

Tough races for me. First race I tried out the KTM. Qualified P13 I believe but had a good start. Unfortunately, @Ranjanado and I had an incident which put me straight to P25. From there I had a crazy fight up to P8 again. Was massive fun go through the field and I had some awesome battles as for example with @Freak Superman.

Second race I decided to pick the good old Porsche which gave me my first Championship title in season 3 of our Revolution Cup. Qualified 4th and could overtake @Cluck in turn 1 already. After that, it was a crazy dogfight between @Taorminator, @steveg200 and myself. Awesome pace, as clean as possible, overall massive fun!

My favourite overtake was this one here against @steveg200. He was completely surprised I would pass him on his left side. Still, he gave me enough room like a real gentleman!

After some more laps, it was only @Taorminator and I left after @steveg200 had a spinner. Was an awesome fight and in the end, I took the victory. My first victory in 2018, also my first victory for a very very long time.

I really enjoyed last night! Looking forward to Sunday :)

Zemke

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh man, it's so interesting to watch the races from another driver's perspective. I can't help but completely STARE at myself in the video and analyze what I did right, and what I did wrong!

As a new driver that's just coming back into simulation racing after many, many years away... can I please get some guidance on the incident that occurred in Race 2 at about the 8:25 mark and is shown in the second YouTube video posted by @Mark. I was driving the yellow/green Aston Martin and my spotter never said a peep about someone being on my right, unfortunately. I thought I was well enough ahead of the driver(s) behind me and had a clean line through the corner. I don't feel like it was my fault, but at the same time, I feel like I could have done something differently to have avoided the contact between Nighttiger and myself.

Speaking of @Mark, it seemed like you and I were about the same speed/skill and almost always within a couple positions of each other! It was wicked fun battling with you and several others throughout both races, especially since you were also driving the beautiful Aston Martin, along with @The Wayfaerer. Great times!

Last edited:

Mancspartan

Community Member
Reaction score
This was my first ranked event since earning my orange badge and I had a great time.

Just wanted to thank all the staff, admin etc who put the time and effort in to making these events and everything else happen.

Now off to practice for Sunday

Users who are viewing this thread