22th Sep 2016 - Grand Touring Cup (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I would love to drive any other car than the Z4, yet it is far more stable than the others for me. I tried the Audi, the Aston, Cadillac and the SLS... All of them were either too twitchy for me or at least two to three seconds slower (on a rather soft and stable setup) than the Z4 . :(

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I would love to drive any other car than the Z4, yet it is far more stable than the others for me. I tried the Audi, the Aston, Cadillac and the SLS... All of them were either too twitchy for me or at least two to three seconds slower (on a rather soft and stable setup) than the Z4 . :(
Maybe try my Bentley setup. It makes the Bentley very easy and comfy on most tracks.

http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/225694986

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I can use the othe bmw cant i..???
The m3 is it.????

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I can use the othe bmw cant i..???
The m3 is it.????

The M3 is not allowed sorry. We make a clear line between GT3 and GTE cars here :)

Will add it in the OP :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
B

Blue Monkey

Anyone else having overheating Intermediates in Light Rain conditions?
Mine go up to 115°C

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The M3 is not allowed sorry. We make a clear line between GT3 and GTE cars here :)

Will add it in the OP :)
Wwweeeeeeellllllll thankyou today you have rueind my birthday lol..
Supose ill have to use the merc then lol..

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wwweeeeeeellllllll thankyou today you have rueind my birthday lol..
Supose ill have to use the merc then lol..

I am sorry :( :( But in the past we realised that the "GTE" cars are not well balanced to the GT3 class. Aston and Corvette are way too slow, the M3 has a tire wear advantage towards the other GT3 cars.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having overheating Intermediates in Light Rain conditions?
Mine go up to 115°C

I never thought intermediates were even worth trying. The Softs hold on normally till wets are needed.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Remember all the mandatory pitstop in the middle of the race guys :)

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I hope you are going for a one stopper again and pit for wets in the mandatory stop :p

Last edited:

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Tried the inters, but was quicker with the full wets, so what is the point in having infers. Light rain should be perfect for them.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
can anyone give me a base line time please just need something to push for thanks...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
1:23 - 1:25 I guess probably

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
So Miagi, thanks for the setup. I does indeed feel a lot nicer than what I had before.
Still I think I'll go with the Z4. I drove the Bentley for roughly half an hour in full race setup and my fastest overall time was 1:25.9, with the normal race pace being around 1:26.5 to 1:27.
My fastest time in the Beemer is a 1:23.6 and race pace hovers around 1:24.5 to 1:25.0. This difference is just too big for me.
Also I totaled the Bentley thrice in that half hour because when I loose it, it's gone for good and I can't catch it.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm doing low 1:24s, rarely below and only once did a 1:23 with low fuel.

I totaled the Bentley thrice in that half hour because when I loose it, it's gone for good and I can't catch it.

That is part of the bumpy track characteristic. To me if something goes wrong with the AMG GT3, it goes wrong all the way. Huge spin out or nasty tank slappers are part of the characteristic of Brands Hatch.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
So did a few laps earlier. I'll be in the Ruf, used to be a favourite of mine but not used it in a while. I'm firmly into the 1:23's with full fuel but I'm killing the tyres a bit. My setup is here: -
http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/43842522

Last edited:

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score

I think this will make it interesting with the weather. I did a couple of full runs against the AI using the race conditions and rain seemed to kick in around Lap 25.

The softs seem drive-able in the 1.23-1.24's range on a single stint well up to L25+ with the Z4, With the Mandatory pit window closing at lap 23 it looks like the weather is going to destroy any pit strategy.

I'm useless in the rain, what are peoples general wet pace ? AI @ 100% was putting in 1.28's but I'm really struggling around 1.30-1.31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread