23rd Mar 2017 - British Prototype Cup (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So I have been tweeting my set up for the last 30 mins. I don't think Im that fast but I have managed to get 1.44 in the wet and around the 1.36 in the dry. I have noticed that my current set up has a large bias toward the wet so I am off the pace in the dry. I'll just have to hope that most of the race is wet!

1/3 is wet, 2/3 is dry. Race will be more dry :p

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've got to pull out of this :( . I've got a really nasty ear infection and aside from not being able to hear a damn thing in one ear (except for VERY loud tinnitus), wearing headphones is immensely uncomfortable even dosed to the eyeballs on painkillers :(. Was looking forward to it aswell, I do like the Radicals.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've got to pull out of this :( . I've got a really nasty ear infection and aside from not being able to hear a damn thing in one ear (except for VERY loud tinnitus), wearing headphones is immensely uncomfortable even dosed to the eyeballs on painkillers :(. Was looking forward to it aswell, I do like the Radicals.

Get well soon mate!

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hope you feel better soon Cluck.

Going in for my last practice on this

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I was going that slow that even the server had had enough and I got a disconnection from the server. Hope those that were left had a good race.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
well i had hopes for this race but it seems the pits screwed me over again..

started of well really well a few spins and some nice overtaking gave me p10 great..

I had a nice size gap to p11 that i would of been able to pit and still maintain a lead on him. Dry weather was looming i had 1 more lap in my wet tires and decided to not do it.BIG BIG MISTAKE..
Driving through pit lane i got pit box occupied.?? i was the only one entering the pits how can this be.??.
There went my lead on p11 i darted back to the pits and came out 14th or 15th and couldn't understand how those behind me was catching at an alarming rate.
As i was checking my telemetry i lost the car and lost my bonnet and broke the suspension then i saw my issue.
I had been given ruddy rain tires the pits had screwed me yet again by this point p12/13/14 were coming round to lap me so i retired to the pits and stormed off for a ciggy..

Last edited:

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Well that started well and went from bad to worse for me. We had a great fight for 1st 2nd and 3rd then i had an unfortunate pit stop and my AI braked as another car pulled out and that put me in 3rd. Then i got up on the curbs after turn 1 and binned it so I had to pit for damage. Was pleased to see i exited the pits in 5th and began trying to catch 4th. Then a few laps later into braking after the long straight my game locked up and gave me a black screen so i thought i better reset the computer in case my car bounced back onto the track as sound was still active. Hope it didn't affect anyone. Loved those Radicals!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well that started well and went from bad to worse for me. We had a great fight for 1st 2nd and 3rd then i had an unfortunate pit stop and my AI braked as another car pulled out and that put me in 3rd. Then i got up on the curbs after turn 1 and binned it so I had to pit for damage. Was pleased to see i exited the pits in 5th and began trying to catch 4th. Then a few laps later into braking after the long straight my game locked up and gave me a black screen so i thought i better reset the computer in case my car bounced back onto the track as sound was still active. Hope it didn't affect anyone. Loved those Radicals!

Was so much fun to fight with you and @Blue Monkey. That was so awesome, many thanks! :)

Hbuzz

Community Member
Reaction score
Big apologies to anybody who took avoiding action from me at the start of the race. I was tapped ever so slightly on entry to turn one which caused me to run wide and I lost it just before rejoin. It swapped ends so quickly I though I was touched but on viewing the replay this clearly wasn't the case before before crossing the track out of control sideways. After that for me it was a fairly lonely race getting up to P6 I think it was where usefully at the pit stop it didn't fill me with enough fuel despite entering sufficient quantity in the strategy. Oh well. Again apologies if anybody took avoiding action at the beginning there and sustained damage from my error.

B

Blue Monkey

Was so much fun to fight with you and @Blue Monkey. That was so awesome, many thanks! :)
Congratz to the win, sad that it ended like this (stupid monkey throwing it away unnecessary)
It was a very good battle :D I'm still surprised I kept the lead during the pitstops (I went in a lap later than t0day or s_BartUK)

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Should be up in a couple of hours. Good few mistakes in the wet for me and a bit of luck my way towards the end of the race. I wish nerves/visibility hadn't impeeded the start of my race as much as they did but that's a wip for me. @steveg200 I was looking forward to a bit of a battle with you towards the end, such a shame you had that minor off just as I was beginning to approach.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Congratz to the win, sad that it ended like this (stupid monkey throwing it away unnecessary)
It was a very good battle :D I'm still surprised I kept the lead during the pitstops (I went in a lap later than t0day or s_BartUK)

We had some traffic^^

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Nice finish for me - 4th, but there were no many battles, mostly I drove on my own. I thought that this race will be my first ranked with Oculus Rift, but I had to do it on monitor and it was a bit disappointing :(
I was fast enough - best lap 1:35:390 - which was huge success :)

Smudger

Community Member
Reaction score
Nice finish for me - 4th, but there were no many battles, mostly I drove on my own. I thought that this race will be my first ranked with Oculus Rift, but I had to do it on monitor and it was a bit disappointing :(
I was fast enough - best lap 1:35:390 - which was huge success :)

What's up with your Oculus ?

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
HDMI connecotor have broken two pins so hdmi got disconnected all the times. :mad:

Smudger

Community Member
Reaction score
Sux mate ! hope you sort it soon.

F1R3FLY11

Community Member
Reaction score
Should be up in a couple of hours. Good few mistakes in the wet for me and a bit of luck my way towards the end of the race. I wish nerves/visibility hadn't impeeded the start of my race as much as they did but that's a wip for me. @steveg200 I was looking forward to a bit of a battle with you towards the end, such a shame you had that minor off just as I was beginning to approach.

Wow, I remember at the start of the race how many people I over took up the inside to turn 1. Unfortunately my talents in the race were not so good. If you look in your mirror from the video at the exit of turn 1 how close I was to being wiped out by the spinning car. I was racing in VR so some quick cat like reactions saved me from the carnage. And sorry for the small bump into turn 2 that was me. Thanks. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread