24 Hours of Daytona - 19th January 2019 - Start: 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

iRacing

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
d24-rsr.png

@RSR Members, save the date... it's Daytona time!

Greetings all! The first iRacing endurance race for 2019 is almost upon us, the 24 Hours of Daytona! This storied race will be held on 19th January with RSR attending in force with our largest number of car entrants to date. A massive 5 cars and 19 drivers of our bravest drivers will be pushed to the limit as they take on the mammoth task of a grueling real-time 24hr race. Also for the very first time in iRacing history there will be a full 24 hour day / night cycle!

The race will be streamed from multiple perspectives so you don't miss a second of the action. Tune in to see familiar iRacing endurance veterans like @Puffpirat or @t0daY who started their career exactly 3 years ago at the 24 Hours of Daytona in 2016. As well as a host of first timers like @fab. ICEMAN, @UnstopaPaul or @Darksi giving their debut and representing RSR in an awesome way.

Last but not least a huge thank you to @grobi0815 who rebuilt our complete iRacing section since last year. At some point we were even thinking of closing it completely down but now we are back, stronger than ever, with a total of 5 cars and 19 drivers for Daytona 2019!

Thank you @grobi0815!

Chevrolet Corvette C7 DP
RevolutionSimRacing #69: @t0daY, @Puffpirat, @fab. ICEMAN, @UnstopaPaul

Porsche 911 GTE
RevolutionSimRacing GTE #42: @Darksi, @Ben Watkinson, @javoresku, @Anto

Ferrari 488 GTE
RevolutionSimRacing GTE #12: @Vernux, @grobi0815, @Gosku, @David Siska
RevolutionSimRacing GTE #87: @SillySausage, @Battenberg, @GoDATP, @Raigore
RevolutionSimRacing GTE #278: @ramdrop, @Rexxody, @Cornworld

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Today is the day booys!

#First24hHype

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I want to show good games for my fans. I hope you will cheer for me.

...no but seriously, all I can do is promise I will put my best into this crazy event. I just checked. It's one year yesterday that I did my first ranked race with RSR (Clio, Watkin's Glen). I didn't think I was ready for that race (I wasn't ;) ), but it got me hooked. It is hard to believe a year later I'm doing a 24hr race in the RSR livery. The community here has been more important than the racing, and the racing's been fun. I'm looking forward to another year with you all.

It's almost time for man versus machine.

Let's go racing boyz

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good luck to all. Special thx to @grobi0815 for assisting and explaining iRacing stuff in preparation to the race.

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good luck all !! Maybe i should give iRacing a try soon. But i need some help i think :rolleyes:

Nismo

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Gl guys! Hopefully a lot of drivers will be looking at the rear bumper of the #87 car :D

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Good luck guys, bring em home :)

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Let's do this guys. Hope all the RSR cars have a great race and see you all o n the other side.

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I wish all RSR crews a good marathon. For each crew I will worry as for Native. Bring Rewards

Last edited:

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
They should reimburse your subscription fee if someone kills you turn 1 of a 24 hour race.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We've retired car #87. We got punted in turn 1 on lap 1, 40 minutes of repairs later and we're down ~12 kph on the straights. We're quicker than some cars on the infield, but they drive away on the straights, even when we're right in their draft. It's unsafe to try and un-lap ourselves that way for the rest of the race, so we're calling it early :( Let's hope that's the bulk of the bad luck for the other RSR cars.

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
Was an attempt. Thanks for the prep guys, sorry it had to end up like that. Looked like we had some pace, too. Good luck to the other RSR cars, bring it on home.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We've retired car #87. We got punted in turn 1 on lap 1, 40 minutes of repairs later and we're down ~12 kph on the straights. We're quicker than some cars on the infield, but they drive away on the straights, even when we're right in their draft. It's unsafe to try and un-lap ourselves that way for the rest of the race, so we're calling it early :( Let's hope that's the bulk of the bad luck for the other RSR cars.
Hi all,

Due to the issues we experienced, there will be an additional 24 hour race starting at 16:00 GMT or 11:00 AM EST. We will not stop the races currently in progress.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
DP#69: Great first stint by @t0daY , 4th / 6 places up coming in at the end of the stint. No contacts so all is looking good.

Users who are viewing this thread