24 Hours of Daytona - 19th January 2019 - Start: 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
#87 hour 2 update: I started from pole, was running in top 3 comfortably saving fuel until I got spooked by a GT3 in the bus stop and spun into the wall. Just in the wrong place at the wrong time. After repairs we're recovering from P14. @GoDATP Is now in the car and is chasing down P12.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
#87 hour 2 update: I started from pole, was running in top 3 comfortably saving fuel until I got spooked by a GT3 in the bus stop and spun into the wall. Just in the wrong place at the wrong time. After repairs we're recovering from P14. @GoDATP Is now in the car and is chasing down P12.
Permanent damage?

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Car #87 Update: We are a quarter of the way through our race! @Raigore put in an incredible stint, super consistent before turning it on towards the end and dipping into the 42s on old tyres! @Battenberg is back in the car and setting the pace for the server at the moment, sitting in P6 chasing down P5 (+4.5secs) and the rest of the top 5!

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Car #69 Update: Sitting in 2nd/3rd after great stints from @Puffpirat and @fab. ICEMAN . Sadly after a decent start to the stint, mr rookie here binned it in T1 trying to stay clear of a passing DP. a tow later and we're sitting 3laps back in 5th. Rest of my stint went ok, but a little off pace. @t0daY is back in thd driver seat.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Quick update from Car #42. Running well, a couple of hiccups early on put us quite far down the field, but I just got out the car in P23 and passed the car to ben chasing down P22.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Car #69 Update: Sitting in 2nd/3rd after great stints from @Puffpirat and @fab. ICEMAN . Sadly after a decent start to the stint, mr rookie here binned it in T1 trying to stay clear of a passing DP. a tow later and we're sitting 3laps back in 5th. Rest of my stint went ok, but a little off pace. @t0daY is back in thd driver seat.

Already brought us back to P4 and P3 is only 1 minute 30 seconds away :) Get some sleep buddy!

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
Since Mr. Battenberg is asleep I figured I'd do the 11 1/2 hour write-up. After briefly holding P3, David in the Ford swiftly moved past us, setting easily the fastest times in the session. With a slower driver now in their car, Raigore is gaining and there's potential for a podium if all goes according to plan. Looking good so far, let's not stop here.

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Update with 10h 30 to go: Was able to pass P3 on track and build a nice gap before he binned it into T1 and fell down 5 laps. Just handed over the car to @SillySausage. Currently running in P3, car behind is pitting a few laps later and seem to tripple stint tyres and driver. They got their fast driver in but we are trying to keep the gap.

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We are back in the podium fight! After we were close to fight P2 in the night, another unlucky incident happened to Manu (backmarker rolling backwards on track :dead: ) and we were sent back into P5. Currently sitting around 30 seconds behind P3. Another 4 hours to go, so podium is the minimum goal! :D

javoresku

Community Member
Reaction score
Car #42 update almost 20 hour in : Currently fighting for P20-21, with P19 about 30 seconds ahead. Three cars with similar levels of damage and pace on the same lap.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
And I got the car back to P3 again. P2 is far away but we’ll push!
And to P3 again xD we’re slightly off cycle with the guy we battle for P3 but there is good chance we can snatch that podium!

First time I’m not only happy with consistency but also with pace :)

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Car #42 update. Up to P19, +4 laps down from P18, Slowly closing in with good pace.

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
under 20 minutes to go with #42 chasing down P20, Taking a quick splash and dash for fuel.

javoresku

Community Member
Reaction score
Car #42 update: We somehow manged to finish our firs 24hour race in 21 position, one up from qually. And that is with driving the car for 23 hours with a rear wing like this:
whut.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread