24 Hours of Daytona - 19th January 2019 - Start: 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Podium time! Super happy to achieve P3 after so many Up's and Down's. Awesome performance from the whole team. @Puffpirat @t0daY and @UnstopaPaul

A big GG to the other teams as well :) Can't wait for the next 24h race :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
P3 BOYS! Thats how you start the endurance season in iRacing. Bring it on!

rsr69.jpg

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Congratulations.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Car #87 Update: 1.5 hours to go, and we're now fighting for P2, due to a car ahead getting wiped out by a Gt3. @Raigore is now hopping in to take us to the end, and hopefully secure 2nd!
Post automatically merged:

Car #87 update: With the final splash and dash looming, we should be within a few seconds of p2! @Raigore is pushing hard!

Last edited:

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Congratulations to all of you!
Laps have been driven, offtracks been taken, incidents have happened and damages been repaired .. or not :(

Atleast you guys did the best you could have done and sometimes iRacing just knocks you down. Or the servers

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
Absolute insanity. Battle for P2 came down to the absolute wire. Lost it out because of the lack of a draft but holy... Amazing drive guys, so proud of you all @SillySausage @Battenberg @Raigore. Raigore, amazing drive, way to show your stride. I've never seen a more consistent and balanced team. Heart is still pounding after that finish. P3 for #87 :D
Here's a VOD of the last 30 minutes, which was all a direct battle between Raigore and the driver of the SROC 488.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Absolute insanity. Battle for P2 came down to the absolute wire. Lost it out because of the lack of a draft but holy... Amazing drive guys, so proud of you all @SillySausage @Battenberg @Raigore. Raigore, amazing drive, way to show your stride. I've never seen a more consistent and balanced team. Heart is still pounding after that finish. P3 for #87 :D
Here's a VOD of the last 30 minutes, which was all a direct battle between Raigore and the driver of the SROC 488.
This was the most intense piece of racing I've seen in a long time and far better than anything I've seen lately from "real" racing. Awesome battle, to think that 2 cars could be so close 24 (or 26 ;) ) hours into a race is simply incredible. Any one of those passes would have been clip-worthy, but I watched a barrage of them lap after lap, all with inches in it and both cars having to trust what the other would do.

Phenomenal stuff guys. Be proud

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to write a race review, if it's not I'm sure @t0daY will let me know :D

Car #278 started in the 19th Split out of 20 (in hindsight, this was a complete and utter blunder on my part and we should have taken the average of our ratings, so not only am I sorry to my teammates but also to the community for not representing us in a fair split).

I qualified on pole by a few tenths and had zero issues into T1. From the first lap I just extended the gap, lap after lap. I opted to double stint the tyres and I think a few others watched me do this and attempted to copy - with mixed results.

Anyway, after the first 2 stints we had about a minutes gap before @Cornworld started his first stint. I believe it was nerves at first because it took him some time to adjust to the difference in the track temp and the race, but after a little scuffle in the bustop he picked it back up and carried on. For safety, Corne took tyres for his second stint which was fine as we had the gap and started pumping in some decent lap times. With about 7 laps to go of his stint, we had our first major incident with a lapped car. A Porsche spun at the exit of the first hairpin and I saw it far too late as did @Cornworld and we T-boned them pretty hard. The car was immediately un-driveable and we made the decision to pit early and take the repairs. P2 who then inherited P1 decided to weave/flash as they past us which wasn't necessary, but karma hits hard.

We emerged around P17-19 and as a result of the damage, losing about a second on the oval alone and our steering was slightly bent right hand down by 5 degrees. Despite the damage, I was catching the guys ahead pretty quickly and we were lapping quicker than the leaders, but the straight line deficit hurt our progress, but anyway, double stinting the tyres and soldiered on and we were around P12 I think when I got out of the car.

@Rexxody took over the car and I headed off to bed, but the summary I got at 2am in the morning (lol) was that both @Cornworld and @Rexxody made some great progress and were battling around P6/7 depending on the pitstop window but still gaining.

I took over for a triple stint and we were over a lap and half down on P4 and my sole goal was to catch and overtake and I achieved that. I managed to overtake P4 and create a sizeable gap. In that time, P1 got taken out for this really funny team that thought they were the dogs b*llocks (@Cornworld later told me they are rF2 stewards lol) and I took over P3. I managed to unlap us from P2 so we were on the same lap at the end of my stint.

@Cornworld took over and did 2 great stints by double stinting and kept P2 behind us (on track) but there was no doubt, they were faster. After @Cornworld double stint @Rexxody took over for a further 2 stints and carried on the good show but P2 managed to slip past us putting us back behind them on the track. This is where we hatched a plan to try and make them sweat and I got back in the car earlier than we had originally said in an attempt to catch them and see what happened. Long story short, I caught them and P2 did fight with me and got a little rattled (imo) but in the end gave up the fight and I pulled away. I was going to double stint but unfortunately had to go for personal reasons and so left the car in P3 for @Cornworld and @Rexxody to finish.

Now I wasn't there so I can't comment but as far as I know, @Cornworld held P3 and then @Rexxody got back into the car and whilst trying to lap a lapped car got taken out and suffered damage which dropped the car to P10? I then heard that we suffered further damage, I think being too aggressive and we suffered more damage. The car finished in P19.

Summary:
To summarise the event, I had a lot of fun - we were in the wrong split and in hindsight, that was my fault. Once @Cornworld got settled he really showed some genuine consistency and forward thinking when handling traffic and it was a pleasure to drive with him.
@Rexxody I've driven with many times and it's always a pleasure and I feel for him as he blames himself for the incidents.
These things happen and we as a team have to pick ourselves up and finish with what we have and the main goal was done and that was just simply to finish the race, we just got unlucky :)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Congrats fellas! Job well done.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Congrats fellas! Job well done.

P5 in split 2 is also not too bad. Pretty hard to get used to your new name. Always looked for Geodesic but its starting now with Alpinestars :O

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Well... wow! Not quite sure what I can write to express how much I enjoyed that. I've been watching RSR drivers do 24hr races for a few years now but never thought I would be able to do it myself so it was put on the bucket list as a "maybe", but now I can tick that off the list!

Firstly congratulations and thank you to my incredible teammates: @Battenberg @GoDATP & @Raigore! I think we have found the perfect combination of drivers and timezones because the whole race just went so perfectly and was so enjoyable the whole time getting to share it with you. Our pace was so even (despite me being a few tenths slower) and we all got along so well that the whole vibe of the race was great, it felt like any mistakes weren't an issue and we were all there to just support each other and keep whoever was driving informed and concentrated. It was so great to see all our hard work together pay off in the end in such a spectacular way. I also really enjoyed how over the course of the race we got one on one time with each of the other drivers which really built the comradery. Can't wait for the next one and you guys are my first pick for teammates!

I was happy with my performance in the race. I knew I was a bit slower than the other guys due to not a huge amount of practice but I didn't know how much slower until the race. My first stint was a bit shaky at first (only one half-spin and a bit of nervous under brakes some times) due to the typical "first stint nerves" but towards the end of the first stint and the rest of the double I felt a lot more comfortable and could settle into a good rhythm. It turned out I was either matching the other guys pace or up to almost a second slower a lap at my slowest (depending on track/tyre conditions) which wasn't too bad.

My second double stint felt really good and I quickly got into a good rhythm and put in some consistent laps with only one small, damage-free spin at the bus stop.

Just as I was about hop in the car for my third stint I encountered some connectivity issues that sometimes plague my iRacing. So the last minute call was made for Thom to triple stint and hope that my issues resolved themselves as the other two drivers were still asleep. The issues didn't resolve themselves but we made the call that I would hop in anyway to save Thom from doing four stints in a row. The issues were with the connection not my FPS so it wouldn't effect my car, however it seemed to be an issue with me receiving data not uploading it, so about once a lap all the cars around my would disappear but I would remain on the screen for Thom watching on who would be my spotter and tell me where to drive. Obviously this was terrifying and lasted for about two-thirds of the stint before it finally went away and I could push safely once again.

Unfortunately I missed the epic end of the race which I'm kicking myself for. I set three alarms to wake up 20mins before the end which would have been perfect but I don't remember any of them and slept through the entire night and some of the next day. Daytona has broken me but it was so, so worth it. Looking forward to the next one!

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
P5 in split 2 is also not too bad. Pretty hard to get used to your new name. Always looked for Geodesic but its starting now with Alpinestars :O

We had the pace to win but unfortunately getting some damage from lapped traffic through out the race really hurt our chances. I also fucked up qualifying as well so that didn't help lol. I had to do 6 stints in a row during the night to bring us back into the lead lap and we had started to fight with P3-4 after I got out of the car but a GT3 hit our side in Turn 2 and we had to pit to fix the damage. So all our efforts were wasted again sadly. But by the end we were in our P5 bubble and lost too much to the leaders to make a difference. It was a great recovery though from the guy's so am happy for that.

Hope you enjoyed the live show we put on. :)

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Well done guys, some great results I’m seeing here! :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We had the pace to win but unfortunately getting some damage from lapped traffic through out the race really hurt our chances. I also fucked up qualifying as well so that didn't help lol. I had to do 6 stints in a row during the night to bring us back into the lead lap and we had started to fight with P3-4 after I got out of the car but a GT3 hit our side in Turn 2 and we had to pit to fix the damage. So all our efforts were wasted again sadly. But by the end we were in our P5 bubble and lost too much to the leaders to make a difference. It was a great recovery though from the guy's so am happy for that.

Hope you enjoyed the live show we put on. :)

Beginning of the live show was crisb. Mega awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread