24 Hours of Daytona - 23rd January 2021 - Start: 14:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

iRacing

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
daytona-24hr-feature-1.jpg

Hello @Community @RSR Academy @Team RSR,

The 2021 edition of iRacing’s 24 Hours of Daytona is set for the weekend of January 22-24. The event marks the fifth running of the anniversary of iRacing’s popular driver swap/team feature that sees hundreds of teams of iRacing drivers, team managers, engineers, and spotters participate in the around the clock sim race. The 24 Hours of Daytona is a 24 hour endurance race held at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida.

This storied race will be held on 23th January with RSR attending in force. A massive 9 cars and 35 of our bravest drivers will be pushed to the limit as they take on the mammoth task of a gruelling real-time 24hr race.

The race will be streamed from multiple perspectives so you don't miss a second of the action. Our built-in multiview plugin gives you the possibility to watch all streams at the same time!

There are simply too many drivers to mention all by name, but a special warm welcome back to @fab. ICEMAN and @Dutchtastic, who both return to an RSR car for 2021!
Another warm welcome to all the new iRacing Endurance drivers, including @MelBonkers, @Nakor, @Ricardo Macieira, @steveg200, @Owfier, @frankodrose and @Tim Lamers, who are tackling their first 24 hours' race together.

Last but not least a thank you to Team RSO for helping out Team RSR Yellow with Alexander Lange driving for them, we hope you enjoy the racing!

Team RSR
RevolutionSimRacing Blue - Dallara P217 - @CatchAGlimpse @Jeff[NL] @Taorminator
RevolutionSimRacing Red - Dallara P217 - @Cornworld @Rargon @MelBonkers @David Siska
RevolutionSimRacing Yellow - Porsche 911 GTE - @grobi0815 @C. Tscharf @ramdrop @Alexander Lange
RevolutionSimRacing Orange - Ferrari 488 GTE - @Vernux @PiGuy @fab. ICEMAN
RevolutionSimRacing White - BMW M4 GT3 - @t0daY @Raigore @Puffpirat @Dutchtastic

RSR Academy
RSR Academy Green - Dallara P217 - @Selly @Rafael @Nakor @Doomday
RSR Academy Red - Dallara P217 - @Darksi @Shepard @Ricardo Macieira @Jakeyy @UnstopaPaul
RSR Academy Yellow - Porsche 911 RSR - @Tom @Jamesl91 @steveg200 @Jonno
RSR Academy White - BMW M4 GT3 - @Nismo @Owfier @frankodrose @Tim Lamers

Simon "Darksi" Scott:
The start of another year of endurance racing is quickly coming up with Daytona as the opener, and it makes me extremely proud to see so many members coming together and driving this and joining us in the direction of RSR with a big focus on team racing, so I just wanted to say Thank you all for coming on this journey.

Now down to business, once again I am hitting Daytona with a team who i have driven with in one form or another in the past and so glad to be driving with you all again, Daytona has always been one of my favourite tracks and getting to drive in the LMP2 this year I am ready to go. The practice has gone in, the laps have been counted. The practice races have been completed. Lets do this and have a great 24 hour race.

Patrick "fab. ICEMAN" Hahn:
Daytona Daytona, you are definitely not of the most exciting tracks of the world, but your 24 hour long race is indeed always something special. Especially 'special' for me as I'm "coming home" to my RSR boys and Fezza boys, Vernux and PiGuy. It's been exactly one year since we did our last race together, and I'm super eager and excited to race under the RSR flag again.

Feels good to be back, let's go racing boys!

Tim "Dutchtastic" Greven:
Not sure at what point you become a veteran of Endurance racing, but it feels like home when we start practicing for Daytona. Everything feels and looks familiar, the pit exit wall with a few of the RSR blue stripes, a few nuts and bolts between the yellow stoppers, the dent in the walls around the kink, the tiremarks from the bouncing and spinning onto the banking and then the grasscuts through the busstop.

The usual suspects in the RSR GT3 entry with Manuel "saturday Q is practice" Durr, Christian "Let's just take it easy" Steinhauser, Konstantin "loading internet" Stolzenburg and myself, Tim "THE DUTCHSTOP" Greven.

Franko "frankodrose" Susanj:
First 24 hour race for me and I'm really looking forward to race and get some expirience from this race. Driving alongside Nismo (the brain of the team) and fellow rookies Tim Lamers and Owfier. At first I didn't get along with the car but after a little help from my teammates and Jamesl91 I got up to pace with the car and consistant and I hope to do the same in the race.

The main goal for me in this race is to finish the race and if everything goes to plan hopefully get a good result out if.
I just hope I don't touch the wall at all cause any incidents or mow the grass with the car.

1 year on since my debut in iRacing - we are back at Daytona for the first big event of 2021. Just like my debut race, I am lucky enough to be joined by @Jeff[NL] once again. Unlike the 6hr events of 2020, the dangerous duo will become a tricky trio for the Daytona 24 with the Belgian mad scientist @Taorminator joining the squad for this almighty battle. We have spent many hours preparing the setup, schedule and negotiations with our female-bosses... now we feel ready as a team to try and bring home another 24hr victory to RSR.
This will be my 7th 24h race and my 2nd Daytona. Last year we opted to take the Porsche until we realised the Ferrari was the best, this year its the reverse so finally get the chance to justify my purchase of the Porsche GTE. Having driven with @Tom and @Jonno before in iRacing, I'm looking forward to racing alongside @steveg200 again(it feels like ages), together i think we make a good team and are pretty much identical on pace. Testing has gone well and we quickly settled on a setup thats fast but equally stable enough to ensure we reach the end of the race, With less than a week to go, setup is done, stint planner is all configured and ready to go, stints have been done. All thats left is to go racing!
"The same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie?"
"The same procedure as every year, James"
2018 was the first Daytona race for me and I was happy to have so many great teammates on the team.
Now with my 4th appearance, I'm glad and happy that one of these teammates, who became a friend for me over the past years, is back, that I can drive with another good friend of mine and with a guest and new pal from RSO.
@C. Tscharf, @ramdrop and Alex - I am proud to share the cockpit with you!!
My first ever 24h race on a sim I have only picked up a few weeks ago because Manu "forced" me to participate.
What could go wrong?

I am very stoked for this event! The whole vibe is just what I was hoping for, doing some practice with your team and even other teams who all try and help you out so you can have fun in this amazing event!
For me this is also the first time I ever had to do so much practice and preparation for an event and it feels good to see the work pay off. I managed to get from not being able to complete a clean lap to doing consistent lap times that are as close that I am going to get to the faster teammates of my team.

In the end though all I want is to finish the race with as few incidents as possible and maybe a nice little finishing position!
This is probably my favorite race of the year. After the disappointment of missing out last year due to work commitments, I'm hyped to get stuck in once again. As if the 24 wasn't enough, I'll also be taking part in another team race in ACC while my teammates @Jamesl91, @Jonno and @steveg200 keep pounding around Daytona. We're all closely matched, so providing we keep out of trouble it should be a spicy race for us!
Another year has passed, and what a year it was. With everything that's going on in life (and the world) I'm happy that sim racing has been some sort of stable factor for me.

Lost count on the number of 24 hrs I did up to now, I do know that Daytona and myself have a sort of love / hate relationship. Up to now there hasn't been a Daytona race that went smooth and without race or result ruining incidents.

My personal goal for this one it to achieve just that. A good race where the end result will be based on how we preform as a team. If we can get the best performance out of each other than I'm happy whatever the position will be.

Very happy to drive with this team. @Rargon and @MelBonkers as more or less regular teammates in VEC and iRacing and @David Siska as the new kid on the block for me personally but who has well-earned his stripes with other series and leagues.
Well another year an another 24h to battle.last year was a close but no cigar moment but this year may be the one.. With a strong team beside me we may be able to stand on one of them podium steps.(be a tight squeeze but we will all fit). again i get to fly the flag for RSR with some super team mates. @steveg200 with his years of experience. @Tom with his amazing consistancy. @Jamesl91 with his allround ability to drive anything and then theres me (the rest bite guy). Im please to be part of this race again and look forward to racing with my team and all of you..
This will be my first Daytona race and also my first race on iracing,Thanks RSR for making this possible and a special thanks for my teammates and all the others that helped me with this new sim.As it's my first time I just want to avoid destroying the car and have a clean race.I know we'll have fun on TS specially when I join academy yellow channel and start annoying @Jamesl91 with Brexit
AHH just one last thing, @CatchAGlimpse PLEASE stay away from me
See you all on track
Awww shiiit...here we go again...
Errm...sorry...wrong game.

So here we are again. My 2nd Daytona24, my 3rd 24h race (well it's the 4th actually, but one didn't last THAT long...).
Our line-up for the next-to-bottom-split:
The Freshman
The Zealous
The Young-Gun
and last but not least ZZ-Top.

The weapon of choice underwent some serious baguette-du-fromage trimming (merci bien!), and we are all set and ready to eat those Xs through the bus stop like a bag of salty-caramel M&Ms...yummi.

I am more than happy to do this again with these fine lads, carrying my incompetent and slow butt around this wonderful, extraordinarily well-designed mentality of a track. Thx for having me!

All jokes aside - I am hyped, and really looking forward to do this with you @Ricardo Macieira @UnstopaPaul @Jakeyy @Darksi - Let's go!
Well, finally it's happening: I'm doing my first 24hrs iRacing race! Thanx to Corné for actually convincing me to finally take the jump and sign up with RSR for this amazing race. The road to my C-license was frustrating and agonizing challenge, but I got it! So very chuffed with that! And now for the next challenge: doing my first Daytona 24hrs in iRacing! My goal for this race is simply doing stable stints, keep the car on track and help the team get a solid result. Thankfully I'm in a team with 3 very good drivers with @Rargon , @Cornworld and @David Siska and I hope I can learn a lot from them.

I'm looking forward to the race and I hope we can get a good result for RSR!
Well, I'm back for another Daytona. Odd, I seem to remember that Daytona was a pointless oval, yet here I am again! Fun fact, I've never driven the same car here twice, but I'm stoked for my first endurance race in the LMP2. What a fun car. I'm proud to be driving with the Academy Red team. There is a good team spirit going and I think we have a decent chance of punching above our weight class. Now....how to avoid the graveyard shift?.... :D
After initial struggles with the Dallara we're back on track for two weeks. The car is ready for a great race.
Unfortunately we still have slight problems to deal with, but we are working on solving the problem.

We are confident that we can then start the race without any problems and we can enjoy the race with a lot of joy and fun driving.
We're sure that we driver's @Doomday @Nakor @Rafael and @Selly can deliver a good race.

We wish all teams involved every success in mastering the first big task of this year.
I have the honor to drive in the absolute meme err dream team with Manu, Raigore und Mr. Dutchtastic. We are better prepared than ever, which basically means we started practice before race day.

RUSS (Raigores Understeer Setup Shop) delivered us an absolute banger of a hyper dok. Nothing but walls, dive bombing LMP2s and internet disconnects can stop us now. Super glad that everyone worked hard during the week to get their iRating down to my level.

All seriousness aside I'm really looking forward to the event. Daytona feels like home and it's always a pleasure to kick-off a new years endurance season here.

GET FUKKET Meng
Running it back again with @fab. ICEMAN and @Vernux in our trademark Fezza Bae. The competition this year should be much higher and a win again this time would really be something else. With our hyper top speed dok we hope to be able to stay in the slipstream of the more powerful BMW and Porsche and stick with them throughout the race. Hoping that this endurance race around I don't end the race with technical issues on my end, but everything has looked pretty good so far. All of our pace is closely matched and we have an exact idea on strategy come the race.

Get cracket mengs
This time around I finally have the chance to drive this 24 Hour race after missing it 4 times due to miss fortune. This time I didn't break a bone, so guess what,? I'm ya yeeting it on the high banks!

I Have to honor to drive with my full rookie team consisting of @Tim Lamers @frankodrose and @Owfier.

Being the Chief commander of this unit I have placed my troops tactically for battle, and my I used my 2 most special units (Frank and Owfier) to battle trough the night (Define special to own interpretation). Hopefully we all come out of this battle unharmed and a bit more battle hardened so they know what endurance racing really is about and have some experience for upcoming special events.

(Thanks @CatchAGlimpse for you rambling on about the army last night. Good inspiration)

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Last edited:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Welcome back home Patrick! A.k.a. @fab. ICEMAN ... time to get the RSR flag back on your wall! ... in case not already done so :)

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
And what is this? :O - New liveries for RSR in 2021!

Capture.PNG

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Ready to watch the full 24 hr stream =D
Best of luck to you all & have fun!!

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
as will i the full 24 hours if we make it that far lol

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I wish all RSR crews to reach the finish line in high positions. If I am not jailed today for participating in a rally against the criminal regime of putin, then I will watch broadcasts at night

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I know this is a shitty way of showing you guys, but this is how the leader of split 21 got taken out early in the race.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Glad to see that @Dutchtastic made it to finish 1st in the end :)... missed the last lap(s) because my wife called me for dinner:rolleyes:.
Was nice watching you all from time to time, next year I expect at least three P1 finishes ;).

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well down in the forgoten split was a little team called Academy yellow.. A plucky little rag tag team of old and young misfits. No one thought mmuch of and was possibly deamed to crash out before half way through.. BUT BOY WERE PEOPLE WRONG...

Start..
After qualifying p6 young @Jamesl91 was in the hot seat for the start. Holding his own with the rest of the feild we pitted for the 1st time an took on new tires(we found this was dumb later on lol) droped him down the feild but we kept going and gained a few spots back.

Driver change..
Trusty old @steveg200 in the car now doing what steve does best plowing the laps and gaining postions due to crashes or pit stops and some over takes. We find ourselfs in p5 just before the driver swap (getting serious now) steve pits good solid performance..

Driver swap.
Lol young jonno now in the car pulls out the pits OHHH NOO WTF MOMENT they didnt refill the tank WHY OH WHY. slowly nurses the car around most the track to end up having to tow to pits. Place after place wizzes by untill we get released with a full tank. With a glare in his eye an a chip on his soulder jonno leaves the pits(lots of swearing for a lap) out we go after the out lap gripping the wheel and a deep breath begins his tripple stint with nothing but determination to right the wrong. P18 were can we be at the end of my stint lap after lap place after place confidence growing over takes lucky postions gained pit stop no tires 20 second gained another pit stop still no tires another 20 seconds gained..we are back BOYS WE ARE BACK up to p5 john is absalutly knackerd but keeps on fighting untill the end..

Driver swap...
Young @Tom returns from his other race.. In the car he goes really didnt take him long to adjust to iracing.. (An as mario says ooff weee gooo in an italian plummer voice lol)) tom hitting it off the start up to p4 nice up to p3 ohh boy we are in a podium spot more dramas for others UP TO P2 (its got a whole lot more serious now) tom hits it spot on every lap and keeps us p2 at his stop.

Driver swap.
James back in and leaves pits still p2 we now just gap the car and keep plodding on..

Rest of the night an day..
Not much changes really we hold on to p2 comfortably with a 3 lap lead a few bumps an scrapes along the way. A few tiny glimmers we could catch the leaders but not to be.. We will happly take our P2 what a race thank you guys for being my team mates we will get that top spot next time...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread