Until: Sunday, January 20, 2019 - 13:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Anyone done setup work on the DP yet? I'm conscious that I appear to suck at this track. I can't work out its lines at all and the default setups all seem pretty awful. Every other track I've been happily shaving time off lap by lap, but the best I can do with even remotely full tank is a 1:42.5 with 45L of fuel.

I'm guessing that the setup should be low DF and drive train for top speed, due to the long straights and camber balanced for the extreme bias towards fast left turns, but everything I tweak just seems to make it worse.

I could really do with some sort of reference lap and time with full fuel (I assume that there is no fuel limit for cars in a 24hr race) so I can understand the gap I need to close.
I can only give times from my GTE practices. Under extrem hot conditions i'm driving high 44s and with 25°C track temp I'm doing mid 42s atm.
Baseline setups are crap most of the time and very useless. I need to take a look, if I can find something for you. The worst part is, that no one cares about the DP anymore, so there are not many setups out there.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I can only give times from my GTE practices. Under extrem hot conditions i'm driving high 44s and with 25°C track temp I'm doing mid 42s atm.
Baseline setups are crap most of the time and very useless. I need to take a look, if I can find something for you. The worst part is, that no one cares about the DP anymore, so there are not many setups out there.
Yup. I'm hoping to convince the person in Craig's Setup Shop who is actually doing the DPs this season to advance their setting up of Daytona (the IMSA series is the week AFTER the 24hrs).

In part I'm just not comfortable with the track yet, but I have normally found that comfort with the track requires a baseline setup mostly suitable for the surface and corners.

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@UnstopaPaul I will buy the DP and Daytona this weekend and run some practice. Apart from the fact that I still need 100+ hours of driving experience in this game, I will try and do some work on the setup :D

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I got a basic setup from someone in the community channels on Craig's Setup Shop(CSS). It's certainly more reliable/stable in that I don't crash nearly as often, which is allowing me some better practice. I'm down to 1:40.1xx on race fuel now, I would expect a proper setup from CSS to gain more time too. Looking at past 24hr races, that is not terrible now I think, low 1:40.x seems to be the average lap for DPs, but of course, they're doing it with traffic, not an empty track. I think my target is to get to low 39s on full fuel.

Is there any plan to run a group practice session or two over the holidays? We have something crazy like 18 drivers. It would be great to be able to run 4DPs and 14 GTEs on the track as practice. It's the one area iRacing is lacking is a bit of AI to get a feel for passing points/draft/dirty air etc. As much as PC2 AI is interesting at times, it still allows you to feel what traffic is like.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
OK...I love that moment when things start to click. To be fair, I tried a much cooler track AND on the advice of reddit put the track to 100% marbles/rubber as this is what I'd actually experience for the majority of the race (assuming no idiot puts me at the wheel for the start :D

I just ran a 1:39.0xx on full fuel and 28C on track (22C air). I'm assuming that the race will emulate likely temperatures for the real thing. In summary, I guess what I meant to say in my previous post was "I think my target is to get to low 38s on full fuel" :D

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Am I right in saying that the DP replaces tyres at the same time as fuelling, so its fresh tyres at every stop? It's hard to tell without all the PC2 metadata on screen :D

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
The 'Veteran' Team is getting ready! We've decided on the Ferrari with @grobi0815 making a sick livery.

Attachments

• DaytonNAAaAaA.png
    DaytonNAAaAaA.png
    768.9 KB · Views: 298

Nismo

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
FYI: I'm out of contention for this race. I Broke my arm during a indoor football match when I got fouled dirty saturday.
So i'll be cheering you on from behind the stream and wish you guys all the best for the race.

Also wanna wish you guys happy holidays!

Cya in 6 weeks guys

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is there any plan to run a group practice session or two over the holidays? We have something crazy like 18 drivers. It would be great to be able to run 4DPs and 14 GTEs on the track as practice. It's the one area iRacing is lacking is a bit of AI to get a feel for passing points/draft/dirty air etc. As much as PC2 AI is interesting at times, it still allows you to feel what traffic is like.
Plan is to start with the practice sessions at the beginning of the new year. But we can start earlier if we have enough drivers. Sadly there are no IMSA races the week before the race to get some traffic practice, but I hope that iRacing starts early this time with the open practice sessions. They did it for the Roar Before the 24 already.
As I said, we can start today if we get enough drivers together. But I don't want to waste my money for 4 drivers on the track.

javoresku

Community Member
Reaction score
Coming back from vacation tomorrow.
And a question. From the release notes of the latest patch.
A rule change for GTE pit stops has been implemented.
- Cars must now re-fuel first and may only change tires once re-fueling is complete. This addresses both Members' requests and the anticipated change in real-life WEC rules for the 2019/20 season.
Does anyone know if this will apply for the 24h?

Corbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Coming back from vacation tomorrow.
And a question. From the release notes of the latest patch.

Does anyone know if this will apply for the 24h?
its active in all session's already

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Neat. It's been a while since I've done long stints in iracing, how do we tell how much wear our tyres have during a race?
If I understand rightly you can only see updated tire wear after each pitstop. I presume a telemetry app might tell you more

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
well, I did a little bit of testing today. a tank in the Prototype is 26Laps @ 2.9L/lap. Assuming a basic average of 1m40/lap (100secs), that is 43.3 mins. So 2 tanks is 87 min / 1 hr30 and 3 tanks is 130mins/2hr10. If you are a beast lapping at 1m36s per lap then 3 tanks might be more like 2h05m. Either way that seems to work out as 11 big stints with a splash n dash (or attempts throughout to save fuel).

Anyone else looked at the DP yet, or is everyone leaving it til the week before :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
well, I did a little bit of testing today. a tank in the Prototype is 26Laps @ 2.9L/lap. Assuming a basic average of 1m40/lap (100secs), that is 43.3 mins. So 2 tanks is 87 min / 1 hr30 and 3 tanks is 130mins/2hr10. If you are a beast lapping at 1m36s per lap then 3 tanks might be more like 2h05m. Either way that seems to work out as 11 big stints with a splash n dash (or attempts throughout to save fuel).

Anyone else looked at the DP yet, or is everyone leaving it til the week before :)

Til new year :p

javoresku

Community Member
Reaction score
A full day before the race? A coupe of hours are enough.:)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread